Cafe vs. Truffle - what's the difference?

I love my cafe city cos' it's really versatile! I carry it to work and it compliments my suit; and at night, since the color is dark, it sorta looks like a nice evening bag, albeit a lil big (since mine's a city... still...)

And when I head out on weekends, it goes great with my jeans and just about every colored top I have!

Here is a pic from Daphne at BNY of a cafe work and a truffle work compared.

DSC02441.jpg

I have a hobo day in both cafe and truffle. I probably shouldn't have kept both but the color is just different enough and the leather on both so beautiful that I couldn't help myself. The cafe is like melting dark chocolate, and the truffle like a medium color mushroom. Both are SO LOVELY!:tender:

Cafe looks black in many situations. In good light, it's easy to see that it's very dark brown - like dark coffee, but in lower to medium light, it does look black.

The truffe bags that I saw were way lighter in color, and had strong taupe undertones. Think mushroom. When next to a couple of different caramel bags, though, I could really see the golden brown in the truffe.

I came home much more impressed with the cafe, but it would depend on what you're looking for. I ended up getting caramel as a brown neutral - but the caramel is definitely brownish/goldish with some almost orange undertones in it - not what everyone would consider a neutral. The cafe does indeed look like its black - the SA had to point out to one lady that it wasn't.

As for the 07 blacks, some say they are dry-looking, but I think they are a soft black, with strong silver and gray undertones, which I like. They are sparkly and night-time looking and very, very light to wear. The cafe looks heavier, basically, in tone - whether it is really or not, while somehow this year's black is lighter in tone than cafe.

I may not be making sense.