Cabat, small Andiamo and B25 comparison?

J.T.

O.G.
Aug 15, 2013
Hi everyone,

Have been through the various threads and cannot find any pictures or input on how the mini cabat (TM era) compares to a Birkin 25. Anyone on here that have experience they can share or photos as to how much fits comparison?

(I have so far only seen B30 compared to medium cabat posted in the cabat owners thread).

Furthermore, any thoughts on small andiamo vs B25 and how much they fit? I know the Andiamo is more narrow but would be great to get some pros and cons input, if anyone here has tried both. :smile:

Hi everyone,

Have been through the various threads and cannot find any pictures or input on how the mini cabat (TM era) compares to a Birkin 25. Anyone on here that have experience they can share or photos as to how much fits comparison?

(I have so far only seen B30 compared to medium cabat posted in the cabat owners thread).

Furthermore, any thoughts on small andiamo vs B25 and how much they fit? I know the Andiamo is more narrow but would be great to get some pros and cons input, if anyone here has tried both. :smile:
I have the small Andiamo and while I love it, I wouldn’t expect it to hold as much as the b25 (but can’t say so for sure). The reason being that the Andiamo is delicate so I never overstuff mine, whereas the birkin seems much more durable so you can probably fit a lot in there without worrying about damaging it. That said, I can still fit a lot in the small Andiamo - compact wallet, small toiletry bag, keys, phone is all I carry but there’s still space left

• Insightful
Reactions: jbags07 and J.T.
Hi @J.T.
I don’t have a B25 but i can compare my B30 to a TM mini Cabat if that helps? Let me know and i can snap some pix for you.
I can barely get a B25 over my wrist…..its pretty small but holds the basics. Notoriouspink did a what fits in my B25 either here or on a Purseblog article. I will look for it for you, but i remember her saying it only fits the basics. And my mini cabat fits more then my B30. Personally i prefer the B35. Unless you are looking for a small bag.

• Insightful
Reactions: J.T. and 880
Hi @J.T.
I don’t have a B25 but i can compare my B30 to a TM mini Cabat if that helps? Let me know and i can snap some pix for you.
I can barely get a B25 over my wrist…..its pretty small but holds the basics. Notoriouspink did a what fits in my B25 either here or on a Purseblog article. I will look for it for you, but i remember her saying it only fits the basics. And my mini cabat fits more then my B30. Personally i prefer the B35. Unless you are looking for a small bag.
Thank you for the response! :smile: Would be so great if you can share any pictures for reference on the sizing. I have read all the NP articles on purseblog also and thrawled the Forum already :smile:.

My thought proces is that I am looking at what would be a good size og a bag if was looking for something smaller than the mini cabat.

Should one go all the way down to the new mini mini or look at the small andiamo to have the strap options or as I have done before, maybe consider the B30 or B25.

(I had originally looked at 35 but already have to similar bags and really looking to downsize.)

I guess once we find one HG bag the hunt continues for the next one :smile:

Reactions: jbags07
Hi @J.T.
Thanks so much! Very insightful! Any chance you can share what fits pictures for reference?

So you think the small can fit a small water bottle? How is the weight when loaded?

IMG_7692.jpegIMG_2556.pngIMG_2601.pngIMG_9529.pngIMG_0020.pngIMG_0017.jpegIMG_0019.jpegIMG_0018.jpeg

Three B30s (noir barenia; gold swift; toile maxi bivouac; a mini cabat (@jbags07 thank you); and a 25B sellier gold. The mini cabat can carry the 25B, and the second to last pic, a B30 toile bivouac inside it. I am 5’2 inches, size 38 Chanel, size 40 Dior; size 34-38 Hermes; and the B25 handles can slide up my bare forearm, when I slide my hand through, but not if I am wearing a coat

Last edited:
Thanks so much! Very insightful! Any chance you can share what fits pictures for reference?

So you think the small can fit a small water bottle? How is the weight when loaded?
Happy to help!
Personally if i was going to add a 25 i would add a Kelly b/c the handle is more spacious, and you can slip it over your arm. I hope i am not coming across as negative with the B25 b/c its such a hugely popular style! But unless you are small or petite, its tricky to actually carry, versus a 30.

Agree, once you find your HG bag another replaces it and the hunt begins :lol: And its fun, the whole process. You have a lot of great options you are considering. Which makes it a really hard choice!

I don’t have an Andiamo but i do have a small Garda, which i think is similar in measurements to the small Andiamo. I will check, and if so i can post comparisons with the small Garda, B30, and mini Cabat.

For the small water bottle, do you mean does it fit in a B30? Yes it does. Weight depends on leather. My 30 is kinda heavy b/c its in clemence leather. So when i wanted to add a 35 (which arrived last week, a definite HG bag for me) i chose to add a bag in swift leather. Swift and epsom are a lot lighter then most of the other leathers so they are good choices if weight is a concern.

Either layer today or tomro i will snap comparison pix for you, including stuff that fits. You want me to also add a speedy 25 next to the mini cabat and B30? I would think being 25 cm its same length at least, as a B25….

• Love
Reactions: J.T. and 880
View attachment 5875092View attachment 5875096View attachment 5875097View attachment 5875095View attachment 5875106View attachment 5875099View attachment 5875104View attachment 5875101

Three B30s (noir barenia; gold swift; toile maxi bivouac; a mini cabat (@jbags07 thank you); and a 25B sellier gold. The mini cabat can carry the 25B, and the second to last pic, a B30 toile bivouac inside it. I am 5’2 inches, size 38 Chanel, size 40 Dior; size 34-38 Hermes; and the B25 handles can slide up my bare forearm, when I slide my hand through, but not if I am wearing a coat
Love every outfit and all of your beautiful bags :heart:
These are great comparison pix for size.
I am 5’ 6 1/2 and a womens size 18-20. I can’t really even slide the B25 handles past my hand, so height/weight/bone structure make a big difference. My B30 on me looks like your B25 looks on you!

Editing to add. I hadn’t considered Swift leather until i saw postings of your Swift B30 and saw how beautiful, as well as lighter in weight, it is. I added a noir B35 PHW in swift and am LOVING it. Thank u for the inspiration!

Love every outfit and all of your beautiful bags :heart:
These are great comparison pix for size.
I am 5’ 6 1/2 and a womens size 18-20. I can’t really even slide the B25 handles past my hand, so height/weight/bone structure make a big difference. My B30 on me looks like your B25 looks on you!
Thanks @jbags07 :drinks: At my size, I wouldn’t normally wear the B25 on my forearm; it’s just an option, if I have to juggle something else with both hands. There are some members who do wear it like that, and I believe they are true size 34s or smaller (the equivalent of size 0-2 US).

• Insightful
Reactions: J.T. and jbags07
Thanks @jbags07 :drinks: At my size, I wouldn’t normally wear the B25 on my forearm; it’s just an option, if I have to juggle something else with both hands. There are some members who do wear it like that, and I believe they are true size 34s or smaller (the equivalent of size 0-2 US).
The B25 looks fabulous on you and its a bonus you can carry it on your forearm. For me thats essential, to be able to have the versatility in all situations. So a K25 will be a better option. Its amazing how different Birkins and Kellys, especially, look on different size people. Size 0-2 ladies, as u mentioned, carry 25’s so well…..i always thought K32 and B35 were large until i added those sizes - they suit my body shape/size really well. Yet look enormous on smaller people.

Except with maxi Venetas, i do not find BV bags to have such an impact size wise. No matter our sizes, most of us can easily carry all kinds of sizes/styles of Bottega and look great.

View attachment 5875092View attachment 5875096View attachment 5875097View attachment 5875095View attachment 5875106View attachment 5875099View attachment 5875104View attachment 5875101

Wow this is super helpful! And loving the mod shots!!

The mini cabat really does fit loads, so nice to see how it compares to the B30. Really makes me consider what the ideal size would be for my needs/wants :smile:

Happy to help!
Personally if i was going to add a 25 i would add a Kelly b/c the handle is more spacious, and you can slip it over your arm. I hope i am not coming across as negative with the B25 b/c its such a hugely popular style! But unless you are small or petite, its tricky to actually carry, versus a 30.

Agree, once you find your HG bag another replaces it and the hunt begins :lol: And its fun, the whole process. You have a lot of great options you are considering. Which makes it a really hard choice!

I don’t have an Andiamo but i do have a small Garda, which i think is similar in measurements to the small Andiamo. I will check, and if so i can post comparisons with the small Garda, B30, and mini Cabat.

For the small water bottle, do you mean does it fit in a B30? Yes it does. Weight depends on leather. My 30 is kinda heavy b/c its in clemence leather. So when i wanted to add a 35 (which arrived last week, a definite HG bag for me) i chose to add a bag in swift leather. Swift and epsom are a lot lighter then most of the other leathers so they are good choices if weight is a concern.

Either layer today or tomro i will snap comparison pix for you, including stuff that fits. You want me to also add a speedy 25 next to the mini cabat and B30? I would think being 25 cm its same length at least, as a B25….
The hunt never ends!!! Haha. I am trying to be really mindful of what I pull the trigger on and how I will use the bag, but as ssmoon as i get One i an already looking for the next.

Any comparisons are super helpful so please post! The Garda is such a nice bag too!

And huge congrats on your B35! I do not own any Hermes bags but have a citizen twill long wallet in swift and the leather is just so nice and it takes colour so well. I also have a bastia in box and I think either of those 2 leathers for a Birkin would be my dream choice, with swift being no. 1.

• Love
I can’t compete with @880 ‘s incredible modshots :lol: But here are a few comparison shots to help with sizing.

The small Garda is 7.5H x 10-10.5W (smaller on bottom then top) x 4D
Small Andiamo is 7.9H x 9.8W x 3.9D

So these 2 bags are really similar in size, the Andiamo is a bit taller. The Speedy 25 is same as the Garda just a little more depth. And a B25 is going to be very close to the Andiamo, Garda, and Speedy. They all differ by very small amounts. So this should hopefully give you a good idea of how a B25, small Andiamo, and Mini Cabat compare.

Speedy 25, Small Garda, B30, Mini Cabat
IMG_6052.jpeg
IMG_6062.jpeg
B30 & Mini Cabat
IMG_6055.jpeg
Small Garda & Mini Cabat
IMG_6058.jpeg
Speedy 25 & Small Garda
IMG_6061.jpeg

My B30 is old (2004) and slouchy, so it fits inside my Mini Cabat. A stiffer leather like Box would have a larger profile.
IMG_6066.jpeg

What fits inside B30. LV toiletry pouch 19 cm, mini pochette, BV large zippy wallet, water bottle, bastia, plus room for more stuff. Water bottle easily lays down too on bottom.
IMG_6068.jpeg

I love tote bags and it has always been my go to style and I also love really big bags but lately I have become a lot more mindful about weight and practicality. These days I am carrying less and less. I have only had a chance to try a B35 (repost from the H men’s thread) but I find it too big and too similar to other styles I have. Now that I have a mini cabat I feel the missing piece is either the mini mini or something the size of a B25. The question is then whether to have a strap or no strap.

I mostly own black bags but really love a pop of colour but purple is just not my colour otherwise I would have taken this baby home when it was on sale in the Copenhagen BV store (franchise, hence the discount).

IMG_5394.png

IMG_5396.jpeg

I can’t compete with @880 ‘s incredible modshots :lol: But here are a few comparison shots to help with sizing.

The small Garda is 7.5H x 10-10.5W (smaller on bottom then top) x 4D
Small Andiamo is 7.9H x 9.8W x 3.9D

So these 2 bags are really similar in size, the Andiamo is a bit taller. The Speedy 25 is same as the Garda just a little more depth. And a B25 is going to be very close to the Andiamo, Garda, and Speedy. They all differ by very small amounts. So this should hopefully give you a good idea of how a B25, small Andiamo, and Mini Cabat compare.

View attachment 5875125
View attachment 5875126
B30 & Mini Cabat
View attachment 5875127
Small Garda & Mini Cabat
View attachment 5875128
Speedy 25 & Small Garda
View attachment 5875129

My B30 is old (2004) and slouchy, so it fits inside my Mini Cabat. A stiffer leather like Box would have a larger profile.
View attachment 5875130

What fits inside B30. LV toiletry pouch 19 cm, mini pochette, BV large zippy wallet, water bottle, bastia, plus room for more stuff. Water bottle easily lays down too on bottom.
View attachment 5875131
First of all, stunning colours! This is really insightful. Also I had always been of the impression the Garda was a larger bag. The small really looks like a great size.