Cabat, small Andiamo and B25 comparison?

Agree @J.T. The hunt never ends. But its good to be mindful as you said, about what we add. I think its great that you are being so careful and analytical. I used to be very impulsive and added bags b/c i loved them, but thats how a collection gets out of control. Its good you realize a larger bag is unnecessary to add and are focused on a smaller size. There are a lot of good contenders too! I do love the B35 on you tho:heart: it can get heavy, depending on the leather. I have not held a box Birkin, but my vintage box K32’s are super light. I am with you on swift and box, my favorites. Although i would not turn Barenia away lol.

Thank you for the kind words regarding the colors, and my B35 addition. I think in small bags especially, its fun to add color. I love the purple mini mini in your modshot, but it might be hard to match….a darker purple maybe, blue, or a more neutral color…. .i do love how the style looks on you though. So if you can find it in a more neutral color that works for you, i think its a great bag on you. Its so darn cute! And the strap gives it such versatility. If you are looking for a great casual bag, i think this might be more versatile then the Andiamo. Andiamo has a bit more of a formal feel to it, unless thats what you are looking for. If you want to consider other H styles, the Picotin 18 is a great bag and you can find them in very cool colors. I love my picos. Bolides are great bags too.

I am really liking the mini mini Cabat on you …..just not that color lol. Its on my wishlist too lol.
Keep us posted on what you decide :smile:

Last edited:
First of all, stunning colours! This is really insightful. Also I had always been of the impression the Garda was a larger bag. The small really looks like a great size.
Thank you! I wanted to add, most of the Gardas you see around are in the medium size….and its a great size too. There aren’t a lot of the small ones around, but they are super cute. And i suspect this style was likely the inspiration for the Andiamo….updated tho.

Thank you! I wanted to add, most of the Gardas you see around are in the medium size….and its a great size too. There aren’t a lot of the small ones around, but they are super cute. And i suspect this style was likely the inspiration for the Andiamo….updated tho.
Your bag collection and your kitchen :love: :biggrin: :heart: :flowers::loveeyes:

@J.T. thank you, I love your pics too. I like the purple mini mini on you, but not crossbody. I feel it’s a minority opinion, but when a crossbody strap is added to what is a tote, albeit mini, it looks like it doesn’t belong. But, I’m really not a practical person lol. I believe @allanrvj posted a fabulous pic of someone 6 ft tall with a black and white B25. maybe in the guys and their Hermes thread. I loved it so much, I stuck it in my folder that I show SA’s (Not as a wishlist but rather as a fashion inspiration or aspiration goal). Here it is, though I cannot find the link to @allanrvj ’s original post.
IMG_1433.jpeg

@J.T. ETA: I cannot seem to find the link for the above pic, but here is another @allanrvj post with fabulous style inspiration for smaller bags. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/space-for-guys-their-hermes.377429/page-818
@Lol22177 also posted a great shot of himself with a fauve barenia mini K in that thread. in all of those posts, the contrast of tall person with petite bag is deliberately amplified and celebrated. But, I like more complicated mixed media bags. Sadly I had to reject a 25B quadrille and a padded 25K from my SA this year bc the action pics I took (part of my decision making process) made me look like a bobble head. I do have a 29K quadrille that looks much cuter on someone my size:
IMG_0080.jpegIMG_8857.jpeg

id actually like to suggest, if you want a crossbody, to add other. Bags for your consideration: a sac a depeches 21; an original, not edge, mini loewe puzzle; a mini Della cavalleria; a valextra tric trac; a men’s crossbody ergonomic seatbelt strap Dior saddle. . . Not sure if any of those appeal to you, but I think they would look nice :smile: Another bag that I think would look great on you is an H In the loop belt bag worn crossbody. But perhaps this is simply my preference for bags whose crossbody strap is an integral part of the design. . .

IMG_8736.jpegIMG_0679.jpegIMG_0806.jpegIMG_9679.jpeg

Last edited:
Agree @J.T. The hunt never ends. But its good to be mindful as you said, about what we add. I think its great that you are being so careful and analytical. I used to be very impulsive and added bags b/c i loved them, but thats how a collection gets out of control. Its good you realize a larger bag is unnecessary to add and are focused on a smaller size. There are a lot of good contenders too! I do love the B35 on you tho:heart: it can get heavy, depending on the leather. I have not held a box Birkin, but my vintage box K32’s are super light. I am with you on swift and box, my favorites. Although i would not turn Barenia away lol.

Thank you for the kind words regarding the colors, and my B35 addition. I think in small bags especially, its fun to add color. I love the purple mini mini in your modshot, but it might be hard to match….a darker purple maybe, blue, or a more neutral color…. .i do love how the style looks on you though. So if you can find it in a more neutral color that works for you, i think its a great bag on you. Its so darn cute! And the strap gives it such versatility. If you are looking for a great casual bag, i think this might be more versatile then the Andiamo. Andiamo has a bit more of a formal feel to it, unless thats what you are looking for. If you want to consider other H styles, the Picotin 18 is a great bag and you can find them in very cool colors. I love my picos. Bolides are great bags too.

I am really liking the mini mini Cabat on you …..just not that color lol. Its on my wishlist too lol.
Keep us posted on what you decide :smile:
Thank you for the kind words. The mini mini is probably at the top of my mist i just wished it was a tiny bit bigger. I have also considered the mini arco tote, but i always loved the cabat more. (Although there’s quite a hefty price differnce to consider as well).

I have indeed eyed the picotine 18 lately :biggrin:
I especially love that it has feet, but I do really prefer rolled handles over flat and just not entirely sold on the shape and opening when comparing to the cabat or arco. Strap is a really big factor, and bonus that it is detachable.

• Love
Reactions: jbags07 and 880
Thank you for the kind words. The mini mini is probably at the top of my mist i just wished it was a tiny bit bigger. I have also considered the mini arco tote, but i always loved the cabat more. (Although there’s quite a hefty price differnce to consider as well).

I have indeed eyed the picotine 18 lately :biggrin:
I especially love that it has feet, but I do really prefer rolled handles over flat and just not entirely sold on the shape and opening when comparing to the cabat or arco. Strap is a really big factor, and bonus that it is detachable.
There are so many great options to consider, and @880 ’s suggestions are fabulous….it will be fun to narrow it down and make a decision. I love the mini Arco tote too - but agree, the Cabats win out in my book too.

As for the Picotin, even with the flat handles its super easy to carry b/c the handles are really comfortable. But if a strap is necessary, gosh i am seriously eyeing all of 880’s pix in the above post :loveeyes: too many great bags to choose from! Keep us posted as you navigate it all — i am on ban island for awhile after my 35 so i am living vicariously through you:biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: J.T.
Your bag collection and your kitchen :love: :biggrin: :heart: :flowers::loveeyes:

@J.T. thank you, I love your pics too. I like the purple mini mini on you, but not crossbody. I feel it’s a minority opinion, but when a crossbody strap is added to what is a tote, albeit mini, it looks like it doesn’t belong. But, I’m really not a practical person lol. I believe @allanrvj posted a fabulous pic of someone 6 ft tall with a black and white B25. maybe in the guys and their Hermes thread. I loved it so much, I stuck it in my folder that I show SA’s (Not as a wishlist but rather as a fashion inspiration or aspiration goal). Here it is, though I cannot find the link to @allanrvj ’s original post.
View attachment 5875379

@J.T. ETA: I cannot seem to find the link for the above pic, but here is another @allanrvj post with fabulous style inspiration for smaller bags. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/space-for-guys-their-hermes.377429/page-818
@Lol22177 also posted a great shot of himself with a fauve barenia mini K in that thread. in all of those posts, the contrast of tall person with petite bag is deliberately amplified and celebrated. But, I like more complicated mixed media bags. Sadly I had to reject a 25B quadrille and a padded 25K from my SA this year bc the action pics I took (part of my decision making process) made me look like a bobble head. I do have a 29K quadrille that looks much cuter on someone my size:
View attachment 5875382View attachment 5875384

id actually like to suggest, if you want a crossbody, to add other. Bags for your consideration: a sac a depeches 21; an original, not edge, mini loewe puzzle; a mini Della cavalleria; a valextra tric trac; a men’s crossbody ergonomic seatbelt strap Dior saddle. . . Not sure if any of those appeal to you, but I think they would look nice :smile: Another bag that I think would look great on you is an H In the loop belt bag worn crossbody. But perhaps this is simply my preference for bags whose crossbody strap is an integral part of the design. . .

View attachment 5875387View attachment 5875388View attachment 5875391View attachment 5875389
Thank you for your kind words :hugs::love::flowers:
So i am supposed to be on ban island for a bit after my most recent H acquisition, but your eye candy above is making it hard not to swim off :lol: loving the mini puzzle on you — i really should get one before the old style is sold out….I am not a fan of the newer version.

View attachment 5875379

View attachment 5875382View attachment 5875384

View attachment 5875387View attachment 5875388View attachment 5875391View attachment 5875389
I also follow the men’s H thread so knew exactly which pics you were talking about. :smile:

I think the B25 looks great on you!!

Really like the cross body options you mentioned but they’re not my style, except for the puzzle which I love. But I am not keen on zippers and fiddly opening and every time I tried the puzzle I couldn’t get over how small the opening was and kept acratching my hand on the zipper.
I also think I have the cross body bags I need and the “missing piece” in my collection is a mini tote so it is really the style I am eyeing. any options suggested are always very welcome :smile:

• Thanks
  • Love
Reactions: jbags07 and 880
I'm not that much into BV but I love that I am being tagged on this thread (thanks @880!), no less made by @J.T. whose picture with the orange Birkin was taken by me. :biggrin:

I have no contribution to this thread except to say that I love my friend's character development. Just a few months ago we were discussing the pros and cons of B35 and B30, with him leaning towards B35 because he's afraid the B30 might look too purse-y, too much of a woman's handbag. (We had a less than joyful time with an Hermès SA that day but that's another story.)

And now look at him considering a B25 and bags of similar sizes. Love that he's now secure and confident in his masculinity. :heart:

I'm not that much into BV but I love that I am being tagged on this thread (thanks @880!), no less made by @J.T. whose picture with the orange Birkin was taken by me. :biggrin:

I have no contribution to this thread except to say that I love my friend's character development. Just a few months ago we were discussing the pros and cons of B35 and B30, with him leaning towards B35 because he's afraid the B30 might look too purse-y, too much of a woman's handbag. (We had a less than joyful time with an Hermès SA that day but that's another story.)

And now look at him considering a B25 and bags of similar sizes. Love that he's now secure and confident in his masculinity. :heart:
Thanks Allan, although nothing to do with masculinity or confidence. It all comes down to liking a particular style or not. ;)