Cabas piano owners: how are your nerves?

I've had mine (made in France) since June or so and I'm getting less and less nervous about the vachetta bottom. This was also my first spraying with shining monkey and I went straight for that bottom area right away and no regrets. True, I won't set her down on movie theatre floors but for me if there was a ding or pen mark, well, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Honestly, who else but yourself is going to look under there? A little wear and tear is OK. It's kind of like a well-loved cookbook with a couple of bent pages or olive oil stains...that shows the item was loved and treasured. :heart:

Don't worry about the marks so much. Cabas piano is an everyday bag, it should look a little worn. In fact, I like it better a little worn. For me, LV's are like jeans, they look a little better "distressed."

i have a cabas piano, and have not used it yet (bought it 3 years ago). i am just afraid that the base will get dirty. i bought it because i love totes and the piano is the just right size.

I have a Made in USA, too, and it was my first Mono. I think I have been using it for 2 yrs, too. And YES I was so nervous at the beginning! I used Collonil waterstop spray and conditioned the leather with Collonil Deamant Cream (which has water repellant) after few months of use. It is nicely getting the honey patina now, and I am worrying less and less, despite the minor scratches on the bottom. But I still don't intentionally put it directly on the floor, etc. Because it is a perfect size for me to take it to work, I bought it despite the large vachetta bottom. I think the more you use it, the less you will become nervous, which I keep telling myself!:P