BV Venice - the 411, new "baby" and pics inside!

Myindulgence, thank you, I can't wait for the pics. I have a nero toggle baguette I use for nights out on the town, but I have to spend time "strategically" trying to fit things in place so I'd love to see how much yours fits.

Eugin - Here's my little bag today. Sorry for the delay, but better late than never right? :smile: I did this on the run, so pardon the 1st too bright shot and 2nd too dark shot.

Isn't it amazing how much it fits?!? Granted, it was really stuffed today (it matched the outfit!) and looks much better (slouchier) when it's not as full.

Note how the handle snaps open so you have better access to the zipper/opening. Hope this helps you! I don't think I need to reiterate just how much I :heart: this little bag. The punch of color is brilliant in this style, I'm looking forward to seeing this style in future seasonal colors because I'm sold on it. :tup:

Attachments

• CarminoWhatsIn.jpg
    CarminoWhatsIn.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 167
  • CarminoWhat'sIn.jpg
    CarminoWhat'sIn.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 84
Yowsers! Ms Piggy, you can really pack stuff in that baby! It is deceptively large, and I love the fact that the handle unsnaps for better access.
Eugin, I actually have used my toggle baguette during the day, but I travel pretty light-small wallet, cell phone, keys, lip gloss. I'm waiting to get a look at the redesigned toggle bag (also called the baby bag) that is supposed to be larger.

Ouija board, when does the redesigned toggle bag come out? Myindulgence, every time I see that little red cutie I decide I just have to have one! It's such the perfect size, shape and color! If a bag can have it's own fan club, I'm a member of your bag's!

valkyrie, according to Ana, the online shopper they are out with the new fall stuff. The new toggle bag comes in nero, ebano, noce, carmine, and regent (green) and is $780 vs the $560 that it used to be. Ana did not email me pictures, unfortunately. I will be in Las Vegas this weekend and hope to try on a ton of bags, including the toggle and iron bags!

Hmmm...my dear husband (with some steering) is buying me a butter yellow one as an anniversary gift from Woodbury. The SA there told me it was a Fall color, but it doesn't make your list as a color. I think it's probably blonde...did she mention that color?

I think the one you are talking about is the original smaller toggle bag (based on your pics in another thread), but Ana did not clarify if these colors are only in the larger new style or if there will be different colors for the smaller bag. She just gave me colors on the redesigned larger bag. BTW, I think that bag looks great in the blonde color! Great choice! Now a carmine iron bag would go just perfectly with it...

valkyrie360, woodbury carries the items from a season or two earlier. so what they currently have is from f/w 2006 I believe. I dropped by there last Friday and met Theresa who was really wonderful, and she said they will be getting s/s 2007 items just before the labour day. :yes:

Wow! :drool: Okay, I am totally sold on which BV I hope to get! Thank you so much for the photos, especially the ones that show how much it holds.

Also, I'm pretty sure the vendors selling fake bags are most likely slaves (or indentured servants if you prefer the term, even though most indentured servants never earn enough to get out of "servanthood"). Many people from impoverished countries / war-torn countries (these men are probably from West Africa) are illegally trafficked into European countries and made to (among other things) sell fake handbags to repay the people who traffic them into the country. A insightful book that covers this is Illicit by Moises Naim. It happens in American cities, too and the stories of what happens when they fail to sell the bags is very disturbing. Makes me grateful to be born where I was born.

Didn't mean to make this a downer thread, just wanted to explain a little bit about why they were so pushy.

Off to read the article about your cruise now! :wtf:

myindulgence, thank you so much for the pics:flowers:!!

attachment.php

this is such a great size, and you can definitely venture out for bold colours!!
.....oh no, I was just going to get "one" BV bag and be content.....

ps: love your azur mini too!!

myindulgence, what a beautiful bag! I really love the color. You look like such a stylish lady in your action shot. Thanks for posting your pics and story. Sounds like your new Bottega definitely added a little extra pleasure to a less than perfect situation!

Eugin - Here's my little bag today. Sorry for the delay, but better late than never right? :smile: I did this on the run, so pardon the 1st too bright shot and 2nd too dark shot.

Isn't it amazing how much it fits?!? Granted, it was really stuffed today (it matched the outfit!) and looks much better (slouchier) when it's not as full.

Note how the handle snaps open so you have better access to the zipper/opening. Hope this helps you! I don't think I need to reiterate just how much I :heart: this little bag. The punch of color is brilliant in this style, I'm looking forward to seeing this style in future seasonal colors because I'm sold on it. :tup:

Myindulgence, thank you for the pics! It really can fit a lot more than I thought! Hmm, I wonder if this could come in ottone?

For those that are interested and/or don't live near a BV store, there is a legit site called shirise.com that I believe Marly has mentioned in the past. It is a boutique located in Glencoe, IL but they also have an online site. They have this bag in nero, ebano, limo, bianco, and hazelnut. It is selling for $580.00 with no shipping or tax(unless you live in IL).

valkyrie - When I purchased this bag I loved it, but I didn't realize HOW much I'd :heart: it until now. I have to say, it deserves its own mini fan club! :smile:

ouija - Yay, your Vegas trip is just around the corner! We expect the highlights upon your return, have fun!!

ms piggy - If it wasn't for the high prices in your neck of the woods, I'd say run out and get one! Or someone here would be happy to do a US transaction for you....:rolleyes:

taygalchi - No downer, thanks for the info.. Sounds as if you're new to BV so welcome and this little guy would be a great first BV.

mid - You're very welcome and thanks for Eugin for requesting it or I wouldn't have made the effort. :shame: One is never, seemingly, enough! But, at least this little gem is affordable (by BV standards) and unexpectedly versatile.

Thank you rui and welcome to tPF and the BV forum!

Samantha - From a stylish lady herself, thank you! I was determined to return home with a BV from Italy and am thrilled that I ended up spending a lot less and getting so much more with this bag!

Eugin - You're very welcome...yes, isn't it a surprise, how roomy! I saw the iron in Nero, Ebano and Camel in Venice. I'm kind of regretting not picking up the Camel too...but that's ok, next year I will be back in Europe and will get something else....hm, perhaps this (attached) luxurious beauty will be on sale by that time? :drool: I can only dream for now....:girlsigh:

Attachments

• Knotclutch.jpg
    Knotclutch.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 36