BV Trivia - Post your tidbits here!

One funny trivia thing: the individual braids of the intrecciato (woven) leather are called "fettucine", a term also used for a kind of italian pasta :lol:

Plus, they always have the exact same width on every product, no matter if big or small. (I just forgot the exact measurements though :hrmm:)

there was a reason why fettucine was my favorite pasta... regardless of what I order at an Italian restaurant I ask that I substitute the pasta with fettucine!!

so then you`re a very consistent lover of the italian craftsmanship, no matter if it comes to foo or to handbags *lol*

btw: anyoung! bangabda! (sorry, that wasn`t english, just wanted to greet a korean-speaking tpf-fellow, right, bunkie? ;o)

i just read a very interesting article on bottega veneta in the german newspaper "frankfurter allgemeine" (yes, we germans do have indeed a certain interest in bottega since the art director is german-born)

it states that 23 new shops more shops are planned to open this year world-wide

the bags are made in the town of vicenza, maybe known to americans since they have a military base there

and bv is the luxury brand with biggest growth rate in japan

St. Regis Hotel in New York has a "Bottega Veneta" suite. It's decorated and furnished w/ BV. Tomas Maier even designed a BV do-not-disturb door sign.

wow! now THAT is a cool thing...

is it the hotel that inspired these limited-edition handpainted edition called "skycrapers" or something (sorry, don`t remember the exact name, but it was like five or six seasons ago)

i just read a very interesting article on bottega veneta in the german newspaper "frankfurter allgemeine" (yes, we germans do have indeed a certain interest in bottega since the art director is german-born)

it states that 23 new shops more shops are planned to open this year world-wide

the bags are made in the town of vicenza, maybe known to americans since they have a military base there

and bv is the luxury brand with biggest growth rate in japan

^ :P read the same article (and tomas is from around here... ).

no, not Pforzheim per se but B-W in general. usually live abroad though...the article was some time ago right? if it was the pink dress with rouched detail it is from this summer collection.

i think the article appeared some weeks ago, maybe in may...

i recognized the pink dress, it`s the one that julia dunstall is wearing in the current campaign, but there was another black dress shown on a model carrying a gucci-indy-bag and it did not look like bv at all...

something that i`ve just gotten to know:

the son of the founders of bottega veneta, laura and vittorio moltedo, is gabrielecorto moltedo who has now an own range of leather goods under the label corto moltedo!

I was reading the local paper last week. On the comics page there is the "Issac Asimov's Super Quiz." The questions are organized into these three sections: Freshman level, Graduate level, and PH.D. level.

Lo and behold a PH.D. level question from 9/21/09:

attachment.php

We have discussed this in the past. Uluru is the word for Ayer's Rock located in Australia. The sacred red rock, that is the coincidentally the color Uluru!

attachment.php

So, I thought this could be a fun thread for learning some trivia as it related to BV. Post away, please!

Attachments

• uluruquestion.jpg
    uluruquestion.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 405
  • ayersrock.jpg
    ayersrock.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 413