BV tags...what do they mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the first 6 digits are the style #
the numbers after the v indicate what type of skin it is
the color code is the last 4 digits
even if you have a bag in nero nappa if you bought the same bag in python it would have different codes
codes change for color and hardware also
you don't really have to know what the vcode stands for unless you are employed by BV

My understanding is now each bag has a unique identification number.

So, yes this is the new tag. And it is definitely driving me nuts. It allows BV to trace what when and where it was originally purchased. There is even talk about the SAs having a code reader app in their phone to read them. I am not a fan because it will increase counterfeiting and make it harder to authenticate a bag.

I am waiting for my SA to email me back about the tag
it would seem that they are giving each bag not a style number but a unique number to each bag?
that is what they do for special orders
I am pretty sure that the EPV number on the old tag told them who made the bag and that was how they tracked things when they came in for repair which I thought was an excellent idea
it wass feed back to the artisan
but this tag
IDK

Last edited:
this is what she said:

The new tags are the ID # of the workers in Italy to identify them if there were to be a problem with production. I am not a fan of it either bc it does not help if we do not have a style number or such… It truly is for Italy and has nothing to do with the handbags.

hmmm...so is the color code still on the tags inside the bag?

or even on the outside white price tag of the bag?

just confirming the large veneta i got is indeed Shock Pink but the tag doesnt list the color name, just some random numbers but i noticed one "4 digit" set of numbers...

post a pic of the tag you are talking about

this year the tags have changed
they used to have the style skin code which was referred to as a V code the color code and the year of mfg

now they have changed the inside authenticity tag to refer to the persons that made the bag in Italy for quality control

Status
Not open for further replies.