BV Cabat has ruined me for other brands

ReRe

ReRe
O.G.
Apr 16, 2006
Yes I've been pretty loyal to BV for the past few years, but I strayed here and there. Now since my purchase of such a gorgeous cabat (the burnt marshmallow) I feel that it has ruined me for other bags. I've been clean since its purchase in December...about 3 months. Yes I've flirted. I had the new Prada with crystals on my radar (but it seemes a little gawdy next to the burnt marshmallow) so I moved on without it. Next was the Burberry heart tote, so cute for the beach, (but a little too girly next to the burnt marshmallow) so I left the store without it. Most recently, the Mulberry Alexa in nude caught my eye in a magazine (but again a little bit immature next to the burnt marshmallow). Everything I look at now when placed next to my cabat seems lacking. Why would I carry any of these when I have IT. I'm afraid I am now ruined for other bags. They just don't hold up against it. I'm thinking I may actually get to 6 months clean and bagless....either that or I'll need another cabat (paille anyone?)

i saw the paille cabat yesterday (did not buy it) and i agree that it does seem very durable and stain/ dirt resistant. it does make a straw type of noise. really nice- definitely something to see.

i love bv and my bv bags but i'm open-

Aw, ReRe, I totally understand! It's OK, no one can resist cabat power, it's just too perfect. And if you have passed on Prada, Burberry, and Mulberry, you are pretty much ready for a next cabat. The paille would be really complimentary next to the burnt marshmallow I think.:tender:

Aw, ReRe, I totally understand! It's OK, no one can resist cabat power, it's just too perfect. And if you have passed on Prada, Burberry, and Mulberry, you are pretty much ready for a next cabat. The paille would be really complimentary next to the burnt marshmallow I think.:tender:

^^Ditto! It sounds like your tie-dye is simply perfect for you, then! I think that is a good thing, something to savor and enjoy.

I did see the paille Cabat again last weekend. The color is not right for me, but it would be stunning on the right person!

Ever since I start visiting this special forum, my eyes are only for Bottega Veneta. I can resist the temptation of fabulous colours by balenciaga but I cant stop thinking of Veneta, Montaigne, Sloane and Cabat......

I think we are all enchanted by its beauty.

ReRe - your thread title is GREAT! :nuts: Seriously though, when you have so many brands to choose from, there is a reason we consistently go with BV....

ReRe, I am in the same boat! I tried venturing out to anything non Hermes or non BV but I haven't found anything of the same quality, workmanship, style and beauty that makes my heart jump.

If anyone can help me lead me to something cheaper on my wallet, I will be more than happy :smile: But right now, I rather buy a few great BV/H bags than a bunch of 'not so great' (this is MY opinion and not to denigrate anyone) other brands.

I have eyed a LV Bronze Vernis for some time now but cannot get over the fact that everyone seems to be running around with LV these days. With my BV's I seem to mostly be a 'loner' and the Birkin is also seldom in the presence of other H bags.

So unless something else comes along, I will rather just 'stick with BV and H'.... It's not a bad place to be actually (although pricey)...

ReRe - no argument from me either. I would much rather have fewer bags and all BV. In fact, I can be content for a long time now. Yes, that is right!! everyone stop laughing.

ReRe - no argument from me either. I would much rather have fewer bags and all BV. In fact, I can be content for a long time now. Yes, that is right!! everyone stop laughing.
Thank you... now please tell me what the best way is to remove cold coffee and snort from my keyboard and screen... ?