Buying used bags

I don't mind buying used. So far ALL the bags I've purchased used have been MINT! Like everyone else said, I only buy discontinued items/colors. Go for it!!! I've gotten some great deals! And with all the money that I saved, I got me an Oskar!:graucho: (at least that's the excuse I gave DH:angel:)

Reactions: Mirai
Bought a fake off of ebay and will never buy used. Do not use the fake bag and wasted money that could have been put towards a real LV. They showed different pics and sent a quasi high end fake. Some of the fakes are really good and newbies can be easily tricked. After my bad experience I gave up on ebay and buy only from reputable shops. It is more expensive but, I am happier and I do not have to worry about scam artists which ebay is full of. Plus I hate used because I beleive objects have energy and if someone evil was carrying the bag it could give you bad karma. This is my own little quirk and I cannot explain where I get it from but, I cannot wear anything used I may be a little unique that way.

I bought two used LV's, both were in great condition and I didn't regret anything. BUT so far I couldn't get myself to buy sth. from Hong Kong (or other hot and humid areas) coz I'm afraid of the mothball smell that you often hear of. I can't stand a dirty inside or a bad smell, esp. when I don't know where it comes from :shrugs:

I don't mind buying used Vuittons if the price is right. However, for some bags, it seems like I might as well buy it new since the price difference is so little, especially if you're in Europe and the prices are way lower and you get VAT back ! :yes:

used lv was my gateway drug to lv. i have since sold them and bought new. however, the bags i bought were in pristine/like new condition, and i didn't mind. i'd rather buy quality, even used. I prefer to have a few quality, nice items, rather than lots of lesser quality items. also, i think a gently used/like new lv wallet is a great buy, rather than a new one.

I don't mind buying used. So far ALL the bags I've purchased used have been MINT! Like everyone else said, I only buy discontinued items/colors. Go for it!!! I've gotten some great deals! And with all the money that I saved, I got me an Oskar!:graucho: (at least that's the excuse I gave DH:angel:)
Wow, you are one lucky girl, I could give my dh a million reasons why it would be a good idea for me to get your Oskar but he def. wouldn't go for it. That's so awesome you found the bag, I know you'll actually use and enjoy it!

Bought a fake off of ebay and will never buy used. Do not use the fake bag and wasted money that could have been put towards a real LV. They showed different pics and sent a quasi high end fake. Some of the fakes are really good and newbies can be easily tricked. After my bad experience I gave up on ebay and buy only from reputable shops. It is more expensive but, I am happier and I do not have to worry about scam artists which ebay is full of. Plus I hate used because I beleive objects have energy and if someone evil was carrying the bag it could give you bad karma. This is my own little quirk and I cannot explain where I get it from but, I cannot wear anything used I may be a little unique that way.

I feel like that with the karma thing to but was hesitating saying it.....that's one of the things that really freaks me out when I think about buying a pre owned bag, I've never even bought a used car......

It's ok, Lola... We all have our own personal weird issues... :P lol If you are not comfortable getting a used bag, then just stick to brand new ones. It's better than trying to make yourself accept a used one then having to keep on wondering where it has been before. A purchase is supposed to make you happy, not making you worried... :P JMHO...

Lola, I have that issue too. I've looked on ebay and saw some deals but two things freak me out, superfakes and used. It does give me an uneasy feeling knowing someone who I dont know has put God knows what in the bag. You're not alone.

I don't have any issues buying a pre-owned bag...I hardly have any issues period. I know people who would not touch this or would not walk this way after such and such. It's not that I find it ridiculous as we all have our own beliefs, but i find it crippling for some.
There's a little snack establishment next to where I work and they sell the best Buritos. One day I decided to try them out and my coworker wouldn't shut up about it. She kept saying I wouldn't eat from there...or I don't eat from those little places...or you don't know how nasty they are (mind you, you can see straight into the establishment and it looked pretty clean to me). Anyways after I got to a point where I was just too aggrivated (a hungry man is an angry man) I just turned to her and said, "then don't!..you're not eating it, I AM, so what's your stress?"

Sorry for the rant...but that sort of thing just upsets me.

Lola, one way to look at it is someon passing one their bag to you. Let's say your sister/cousin/aunt decides she doesn't love a bag anymore and rather than throw it away she gives it to you. I know we can't be certain of what people do with their bags, but alot of us are SELLERS and we take vey good care of ours bags.

And I thought that I was one of the wierd people who had this kind of "phobia!" I can't do second-hand either and that applies to everything: Purses, cars, houses, etc. I just wouldn't love it the same if I didn't own it from the very beginning so even if I could get it cheaper, it would actually end up being a waste of money because I wouldn't use it as much!

The idea of not knowing an item's history, regardless of what that item may be just doesn't sit well with me. And yes, the secondary factor that would stop me buying used, is that I'd be too afraid of buying a fake!

I just love the look and feel of a new bag. Especially the new LV leather. I did buy some great used LV bags from thrift shops in Palm Beach, so I was able to see them in person before I bought. I too have a clean thing going and don't want to take a chance on somebody who had a bag that was dirty on the outside or inside-that would make me never use it. I take great care of my LV's cleaning the leather and they are in excellent condition. I could never carry a purse I felt was dirty looking.