Home & Garden Buying sheets-Need advice

i know this thread is OLD, but I found it on my search to find the best hotel-style sheets.
Cecilia3, how do you like / love / hate your Thomas Lee sheets since you purchased them 5 years ago? I'm tired of spending money on sheets that only last a year, get pilled and make me less than enthused to crawl into bed.

I just ordered some of the TL sheets and a Duvet cover after reading some good reviews around the Internet. If you have a second to update this thread on your opinion of TL sheets, I'd appreciate it ;)

thanks for reading!

I love my linen sheets, they last forever and don't pill. I keep trying to find more linen on sale. It's hard to sleep in other sheets after having linen.
I have had luck in buying nice sheets from. www.gaiam.com and the soft surroundings online outlet don't know their website addy.

I really love my Egyptian cotton sheets from Anippe.com. I have bought several sets for all our beds over the past two years. Every now and again they sell them at 25% or 30% discount with free shipping.

My favorite sheets are from Bed Bath and Beyond, the Pure Beech set. I have previously purchased 1,000 and 1,200 thread count sheets, these are softer than any of those. I just love them.

I have a percale sheet from The Company Store and I really love it. It was cheap, crisp, and gets softer over time. Much better quality than the other sheets I looked at in that price range. I really wanted to get some Hotel Collection sheets from Macys/The Bay but it was just too expensive for me at the time.

I have a set of sheets that I love. The only label on them says rn#98506 made in India 100% cotton. They are the bomb and I am desperately trying to find more.

They are percale, a crisp, heavy, deep pocket sheet with elastic around the full perimeter of the fitted sheet. All 4 sides are hemmed, no selvedges, and with no piping or hemstitching. No chain stitching, no overlock.

The set are a deep soft burnt orange/rust. This ring a bell for anyone?

For those trying to better understand sheet quality there is some basic stuff to grasp.

Any sheet has a fiber content: cotton (combed, Egyptian, staple, mercerized) silk, polyester, linen, rayon, bamboo, hemp or a blend of two or more fibers.

Sheets also have a weave: percale, twill, sateen, jacquard, muslin, flannel.

They have a thread count, a way of telling how many threads are measured withing 1 square inch, usually in the case of sheets a sum of the warp and woof, (lengthwise and sideways) A high count does not guarantee a high quality, although many quality sheets do have a high count. More info about that is here; http://www.cottoninc.com/corporate/Pressroom/PressReleases/2008/item4050.cfm

Anyone have sheets like I am looking for? They are the smoothest crispest wrinkleless sheets I've ever slept in....

I have a set of sheets that I love. The only label on them says rn#98506 made in India 100% cotton. They are the bomb and I am desperately trying to find more.

They are percale, a crisp, heavy, deep pocket sheet with elastic around the full perimeter of the fitted sheet. All 4 sides are hemmed, no selvedges, and with no piping or hemstitching. No chain stitching, no overlock.

For those trying to better understand sheet quality there is some basic stuff to grasp.

Any sheet has a fiber content: cotton (combed, Egyptian, staple, mercerized) silk, polyester, linen, rayon, bamboo, hemp or a blend of two or more fibers.

They have a thread count, a way of telling how many threads are measured withing 1 square inch, usually in the case of sheets a sum of the warp and woof, (lengthwise and sideways) A high count does not guarantee a high quality, although many quality sheets do have a high count. More info about that is here; http://www.cottoninc.com/corporate/Pressroom/PressReleases/2008/item4050.cfm

Anyone have sheets like I am looking for? They are the smoothest crispest wrinkleless sheets I've ever slept in....
I found these sheets! They are at Amazon at an incredible price! Here is the link...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002H9WL36/ref=ox_ya_os_product
If that link does not work,. type in
Elite Home Wrinkle-Resistant 300-Thread-Count Woven Stripe Cotton Sheet Set
I was thrilled to get them in the mail today!!!!

For me, the holy grail of sheets are the following. They're pricey, but if well cared for, will last forever, are extremely comfy, and well worth the splurge in the long run.

Sferra:

Sereno-Percale, I think about 800 thread count.

Diamante-Sateen, 590 thread count with inset lace trim.

Giotto-Same as Diamante, but hemstitched.

Milos-Sateen, over 1,000 thread count and hemstitched.

Mellesimo-Same as Milos, but has a beautiful chain stitch, inset border.

Of these, my favs are Giotto, Diamante, and Milos. I can barely tell the difference between the Giotto/Diamante and the Milos. To me, the comfort level is pretty much the same. I also love the feel of the Sereno, but they have to be ironed.

As I said, they all expensive, but I've been using some of mine for 15 years, and they just get better and better.

I have had the best experience with the sheets from Cuddledown.com There are buying guides that help you understand what weaves names such as sateen, percale, & batiste mean.

I like sateen weave made from 100% cotton, that has long fibers. It is a very smooth sheet, that is soft and feels cool. Great sheets really seem to improve the quality of sleep, don't they?

This past spring I got these and they are heavenly: http://www.cuddledown.com/product/lagoon-sateen-bedding.do?sortby=newArrivals

I also have the sheets rn 98506 made in India. They are by far the best sheets I have ever had. Soft and great quality. I bought mine at Tuesday Mornings.

I really like the Hudson Park collection at Bloomingdales. They're simple in design, but the quality is amazing. The sheets are SO soft, and keep getting softer with wear. They're pricey but there are always sales.

Another vote for linen. I have some Egyptian cotton made in Italy sheets but I have three sets of linen sheets and three duvet covers and those are the ones I use consistently. I buy Matteo but I am sure there are other nice brands as well. I also have a cotton coverlet by Matteo which is incredibly soft and beautifully made.

Fwiw, the one set of Restoration Hardware linen sheets I have is not nearly as soft as Matteo.

I like Coyuchi as well.

Apartment Therapy is a good resource for bedding recommendations.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/10-sources-for-luxury-bedding-186575

--------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone ever found out how to get those 100% cotton, made in india, rn #98506 sheets? I have bought others which are nice but always come back to these -- they stay crisp and cool. I've been trying for a long time to find someone who can advise how to buy these same ones.