Buying preowned

I am not confident in buying pre-loved bags. I will only buy if i see the item IRL...and so far, i've only got two pre-loved bals. Yes, i will pay a lot more by buying new ones, but at least i know i will be 100% happy with my purchase, instead of getting stressed out with scuffs and nicks.... But that's just me! ;)

My first (and only) Bal is a preowned Gris Poivre Part-time with rose gold hardware. The condition was exactly as described (pristine!), and I got a lovely, almost new bag for half the price of a new one... plus I love the rose gold hardware :smile:

I would recommend buying for a very reputable site, however, so you can be confident in the description of the bag's condition.

I have two Bals both of which are pre-owned. I purchased both from lovely ladies on Bonanzle - I personally Had wonderful experiences - got the bags at prices I was comfortable with and in better condition than I expected in both cases.
Everyone is different and has different tolerances - for me the little imperfections are not a deal breaker - if you have the stomach for it, I think buying pre-loved is a wonderful option.

My first (and only) Bal is a preowned Gris Poivre Part-time with rose gold hardware. The condition was exactly as described (pristine!), and I got a lovely, almost new bag for half the price of a new one... plus I love the rose gold hardware :smile:

I would recommend buying for a very reputable site, however, so you can be confident in the description of the bag's condition.
you are so lucky.. where did u get yours from?

I have two Bals both of which are pre-owned. I purchased both from lovely ladies on Bonanzle - I personally Had wonderful experiences - got the bags at prices I was comfortable with and in better condition than I expected in both cases.
Everyone is different and has different tolerances - for me the little imperfections are not a deal breaker - if you have the stomach for it, I think buying pre-loved is a wonderful option.
I saw one that I liked, style, color
Problem was there were evident scuff and spots

I truly feel that you need to know what your specifications are as far as what a pre-loved bag should look like, and then you need to play the waiting game. There are beautiful, excellent-quality pre-loved bags out there, but it might take a bit more work to find one that works for you, as compared to walking into NM or Barneys and buying new.

I truly feel that you need to know what your specifications are as far as what a pre-loved bag should look like, and then you need to play the waiting game. There are beautiful, excellent-quality pre-loved bags out there, but it might take a bit more work to find one that works for you, as compared to walking into NM or Barneys and buying new.
I've been searching for a brown SGH PT, I hope I will find one soon :smile:

Hi Pinkbikini88
I've bought used from Vestiaire; I bought a purple suede work bag with the classic hardware for about a third of the new price & in excellent condition! (I am particular about my bags). I'd say you can talk to the person with any queries there & ask for more pictures, negotiation happens all the time, but I know some of the ladies in the States have several issues with them including import tax & shipping. It depends what suits you!

when buying a preowned item online, can you negotiate the price?

Absolutely. I think most sellers intentionally list their merchandise at a price that is above what they're actually willing to take in anticipation of people wanting to negotiate. IMO it can never hurt to ask - as someone once told me you don't get what you don't ask for :smile:

Hi Pinkbikini88
I've bought used from Vestiaire; I bought a purple suede work bag with the classic hardware for about a third of the new price & in excellent condition! (I am particular about my bags). I'd say you can talk to the person with any queries there & ask for more pictures, negotiation happens all the time, but I know some of the ladies in the States have several issues with them including import tax & shipping. It depends what suits you!
I'll look up this site