Buying preowned

pinaybaglover

Jan 28, 2014
I am not confident in buying pre-loved bags. I will only buy if i see the item IRL...and so far, i've only got two pre-loved bals. Yes, i will pay a lot more by buying new ones, but at least i know i will be 100% happy with my purchase, instead of getting stressed out with scuffs and nicks.... But that's just me! ;)

mary79

Jun 17, 2011
My first (and only) Bal is a preowned Gris Poivre Part-time with rose gold hardware. The condition was exactly as described (pristine!), and I got a lovely, almost new bag for half the price of a new one... plus I love the rose gold hardware :smile:

I would recommend buying for a very reputable site, however, so you can be confident in the description of the bag's condition.

lnw85

Mar 27, 2014
Michigan
I have two Bals both of which are pre-owned. I purchased both from lovely ladies on Bonanzle - I personally Had wonderful experiences - got the bags at prices I was comfortable with and in better condition than I expected in both cases.
Everyone is different and has different tolerances - for me the little imperfections are not a deal breaker - if you have the stomach for it, I think buying pre-loved is a wonderful option.

pinkbikini88

Feb 10, 2014
My first (and only) Bal is a preowned Gris Poivre Part-time with rose gold hardware. The condition was exactly as described (pristine!), and I got a lovely, almost new bag for half the price of a new one... plus I love the rose gold hardware :smile:

I would recommend buying for a very reputable site, however, so you can be confident in the description of the bag's condition.
you are so lucky.. where did u get yours from?

pinkbikini88

Feb 10, 2014
I have two Bals both of which are pre-owned. I purchased both from lovely ladies on Bonanzle - I personally Had wonderful experiences - got the bags at prices I was comfortable with and in better condition than I expected in both cases.
Everyone is different and has different tolerances - for me the little imperfections are not a deal breaker - if you have the stomach for it, I think buying pre-loved is a wonderful option.
I saw one that I liked, style, color
Problem was there were evident scuff and spots

rainneday

Feb 8, 2013
I truly feel that you need to know what your specifications are as far as what a pre-loved bag should look like, and then you need to play the waiting game. There are beautiful, excellent-quality pre-loved bags out there, but it might take a bit more work to find one that works for you, as compared to walking into NM or Barneys and buying new.

pinkbikini88

Feb 10, 2014
I truly feel that you need to know what your specifications are as far as what a pre-loved bag should look like, and then you need to play the waiting game. There are beautiful, excellent-quality pre-loved bags out there, but it might take a bit more work to find one that works for you, as compared to walking into NM or Barneys and buying new.
I've been searching for a brown SGH PT, I hope I will find one soon :smile:

jeanniereid

Apr 1, 2014
Hi Pinkbikini88
I've bought used from Vestiaire; I bought a purple suede work bag with the classic hardware for about a third of the new price & in excellent condition! (I am particular about my bags). I'd say you can talk to the person with any queries there & ask for more pictures, negotiation happens all the time, but I know some of the ladies in the States have several issues with them including import tax & shipping. It depends what suits you!

lnw85

Mar 27, 2014
Michigan
when buying a preowned item online, can you negotiate the price?
Absolutely. I think most sellers intentionally list their merchandise at a price that is above what they're actually willing to take in anticipation of people wanting to negotiate. IMO it can never hurt to ask - as someone once told me you don't get what you don't ask for :smile:

Buckeyemommy

Jan 17, 2014
Both my Bals are pre-loved and in excellent condition. I found my PT on bonanza.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402777468.685146.jpg

And my City on ebay. Both were good experiences.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402777529.767124.jpg
If you are searching...good luck.

pinkbikini88

Feb 10, 2014
Hi Pinkbikini88
I've bought used from Vestiaire; I bought a purple suede work bag with the classic hardware for about a third of the new price & in excellent condition! (I am particular about my bags). I'd say you can talk to the person with any queries there & ask for more pictures, negotiation happens all the time, but I know some of the ladies in the States have several issues with them including import tax & shipping. It depends what suits you!
I'll look up this site