*BUYING* on Poshmark

I had this happen to me on a Dior wallet that I personally bought in the boutique in Paris.

I deleted the listing and reposted. The same person came back with the same crazy allegation and wouldn’t let it go.

I finally deleted the listing permanently and sold it elsewhere. I still list items on Poshmark because I want to get the widest audience possible when I’m selling. But, honestly, I wouldn’t buy anything on the site and rarely sell anything there. As someone else said, the culture is just weird and it seems geared towards people who want to trade and / or sell fakes and low priced or low quality junk.

I have had a few authentic items Removed from Poshmark. I also have had buyers file a complaint on my items and wanted to return items because the item didn’t fit them. But as weird as it sounds I actually like selling and buying on Poshmark, you can get some great deals on Poshmark. Poshmark allows trading, I have traded a few times with reputable poshers and had no problems. I’m very careful and have items authenticated before a trade. I have made some really good friends on Poshmark. Before I purchase: I look at the Poshmark reviews /ratings and also check how long it takes for them to ship.

I have had a few authentic items Removed from Poshmark. I also have had buyers file a complaint on my items and wanted to return items because the item didn’t fit them. But as weird as it sounds I actually like selling and buying on Poshmark, you can get some great deals on Poshmark. Poshmark allows trading, I have traded a few times with reputable poshers and had no problems. I’m very careful and have items authenticated before a trade. I have made some really good friends on Poshmark. Before I purchase: I look at the Poshmark reviews /ratings and also check how long it takes for them to ship.
Technically they do not allow trading. They are losing the commissions on the items you trade that you used their platform to advertise and exchange. If you trade a $1k bag that otherwise would have sold to someone they lost a $200 commission.

Can I trade on Poshmark?
Our Posh Protect policy does not cover trades within the system and the buyer must pay the standard shipping fee for such trades. When payment for the full value of items is not exchanged through the Poshmark system, we cannot guarantee that both parties will ship their items to each other as promised or as described. Trading is based on an honor system and is difficult for us to support. For this reason, we discourage users from trading on Poshmark as they are not protected.

I’m not sure if anyone else has had this problem (or if this is the right place for this thread) but I’ve had someone go into the comments of some potential buyers to tell them that a Cartier item I was selling was fake. Mind you, this item was purchased myself from the boutique and included the receipt, credit card receipt and credit card bank statement showing the purchase that I originally made and these were all posted with the listing. My listing was removed shortly after for being “counterfeit.” Not sure how anyone could argue with all the paperwork I’ve kept for this item. Ive even had someone message me and ask me how they would know that I didn’t buy an authentic one, go to the swap meet and have a fake made with identical serial numbers and switch out the real for a fake. Just absolutely ridiculous. If you’re THIS paranoid, you shouldn’t purchase anything pre-owned. I’ve noticed that this happens under a LOT of “luxury” listings, where someone says it’s fake without any merit or reason. Anyone experience this same thing?
Thare are lots of "idots" or they call themselves "experts" have nothing else to do but on websites playing world cops calling others selling "fakes", Just ignore them and go on with your lives, they are not worth for your time to fight for, I would just relist the items they removed.

I know the last post was a while back. I’m having a similar issue to the OP. I purchased a Chanel double flap on Poshmark, their Authenticators said it was real and then Entrupy disagreed saying the fabric was inconsistent. I would say this is for sure a super fake but posh denied my first case because we hadn’t gotten the letter of proof yet but we did have the screenshot showing it’s fake. Does anyone have any advice on how to get this taken care of. I’m sick. We paid $4800 for a fake bag. I definitely learned my lesson the hard way

I know the last post was a while back. I’m having a similar issue to the OP. I purchased a Chanel double flap on Poshmark, their Authenticators said it was real and then Entrupy disagreed saying the fabric was inconsistent. I would say this is for sure a super fake but posh denied my first case because we hadn’t gotten the letter of proof yet but we did have the screenshot showing it’s fake. Does anyone have any advice on how to get this taken care of. I’m sick. We paid $4800 for a fake bag. I definitely learned my lesson the hard way
What kind of fabric?

Hi all, since the Poshmark authentication office is in CA and I’m pretty sure CA is under an order where non-essential workers must work from home, does that mean if you sell something over $500 it will ship to the office and just sit there because no one is there to authenticate it? I don’t know if I should be de-listing my over $500 stuff or not on that platform.

Hi all, since the Poshmark authentication office is in CA and I’m pretty sure CA is under an order where non-essential workers must work from home, does that mean if you sell something over $500 it will ship to the office and just sit there because no one is there to authenticate it? I don’t know if I should be de-listing my over $500 stuff or not on that platform.
Here you go
2020-04-05_18.03.28.jpg

Whoa .. didn't know this!!! Since when do THEY authenticate??? .. are you kidding me? .. they took down my VERY AUTHENTIC 2002 Balenciaga Flat Brass First because "they" (or some of their folks) said it wasn't authentic!!! I was so pissed off, but you know what .. they are boneheads who don't know merchandise, so forget it .. not going to sell it there!