Buying off Instagram | Instagram Sellers

I usually have really good experiences with the well-known sellers on IG (@cocoapproved, @lovelotsluxury, @timelessv0gue, @chlcouture, etc.), but one noticeably bad experience. Hopefully this will be helpful.

I bought a Trendy CC from @luxloversmelb on IG that was described as excellent condition. She said the only wear was "only minor rubbing on one corner that's size of a dot. Hardly noticeable. Also a minor rub at top right. I'll send a pic. Both inevitable and expected as there is no perfect preloved trendy." Then she sent a picture of the bag and the corner, saying "the corner rubbing is so fine I can hardly capture on pic." She also said that the bag "hasn't been used much for a trendy." She was super friendly and responsive, and shipping was fast as well (I was charged $75 for shipping).

However, when the bag arrived, I was so, so disappointed. There was a loose thread on the back, there were several scratches on the leather all over the bag (they were faint, but they were still there), the back pocket was stretched, the metal plate was quite severely scratched, the turn lock had tarnishing, and the interior had what looked like crumbs in it.

I know other people have had good experiences with them, so maybe this was just a one time mistake, but I was left feeling like I was duped.
I was about to bite the bullet and buy a bag from @luxloversmelb but after telling me the bag was in pristine condition I took a closer look at the photos. I saw a grease mark on the side of the bag about a quarter of a cm big. It was quite clear on the photos but they said it wasn’t noticeable. If I can see it from the photo then it’s noticeable! I didn’t enquire any further. Pristine condition to one person isn’t pristine condition to another. I’m sorry you had this experience with them.

I have been following some IG sellers. Why is it that they just don't state the price of the item? But asking to dm etc. Seemed to be wasting time messaging back and forth? I mean if I see a bag I'm interested in and the asking price is stated but if it's not a fair price for me then I'll pass. Is there a reason why they don't want to post the asking price?

Reactions: *MJ* and betty*00
From experience not the stand alone boutique in Harrods but I’ve been told that Harrods have a PS service who can ship internationally.

sorry to butt in on this, but Harrod’s can’t ship Chanel to the US, can they?
Chanel and other brands are quite strict about this....I imagine the personal shopping service would add a minimum of 10%+ on top of the price if they do this. VAT cannot be removed most likely and US customs will more than likely add 10% on top of the price. So while it might be possible...I would guess it will be expensive...

Big +1 for @coco_approved on IG! It was my first time buying pre-loved and I was incredibly apprehensive. The bag was in perfect condition and had the protective stickers still attached so of course, it almost seemed too good to be true.
The folks at coco_approved were incredibly accommodating, understanding, and even held the bag for me while I went back and forth trying to decide if I should purchase it.
Ultimately, I bought it and did an EMT. It arrived neatly packaged and exactly as described — couldn’t be more thrilled to knock a HG off my list!

As a note, I would still advise against transferring money to anyone you choose to purchase from. There really is no safety blanket and I absolutely took a chance here but only because I heard a lot of great reviews from multiple sources who also did money transfers to them.
I too had an exceptional experience with Coco_approved. The bag I purchased was absolutely pristine - brand new...fast responses on all of my silly questions. I paid PayPal - which I think is just better for all purchases like this. Peace of mind. I would buy from her again in a second!

I have been following some IG sellers. Why is it that they just don't state the price of the item? But asking to dm etc. Seemed to be wasting time messaging back and forth? I mean if I see a bag I'm interested in and the asking price is stated but if it's not a fair price for me then I'll pass. Is there a reason why they don't want to post the asking price?
I completely agree! I've seen multiple screen shots about sellers complaining about people wasting their time, how they have to send pictures and then get ghosted, etc. Well, if you would just list the price in the first place, it would save everyone the hassle of wasting each other's time!!

So just an update, I received the bracelet 1 month later. It arrived at the sorting facility in Calgary but the girls at luxe du Jour didn’t throughly read their tracking updates which delayed my delivery. So after 2 weeks of constantly messaging them they finally reached out to the shipping courier and was told that they needed to pay for a customs fee then my parcel would be released. I had to message them every other day to receive an update and also to get my tracking number because they forgot to give it to me. Maybe they were busy with other customers but that’s no excuse, in order to run a business they need to prioritize each and every single customer and not leave one behind...
I just wish they weren’t so careless and made an effort to show some good customer service despite the fact that I paid $10,300 for the bracelet and multiple shipping fees to have it sent express to my house which took 1 month. Over all it wasn’t worth the experience and anxiety purchasing from them. I’ll just stick to Jadorecouture & Peek in my closet for my future transactions.
OMG I thought I was the only one who thought Luxe Du Jour was/IS stuck up! I didn't see any other mentions about them until this one. I originally inquired about a Celine Nano, but didn't like the condition it was in and passed. After that every time I tried to engage with them on a post or their stories, I was completely ignored. Other sellers would at least like my comment(s) or respond.

When I finally came across a Celine, I decided to sell it because it didn't make my heart sing as much as I thought it would. I wanted it sold quickly, so I went with LDJ because I know their stuff goes quick. After I shipped my bag, there was no confirmation to say they received it. Then no confirmation to say when or if they listed my bag. When it was listed and sold, a few days had passed and still no confirmation to say it sold or anything!! I had to contact them and ask for my money and they were like...oh yeah, we'll have to check...I finally did get paid, but the whole experience and lack of communication was horrible.

I often wondered who is behind running this so called business because some of the comments they make are not professional in my opinion. Very juvenile and they think they're better than everyone else including their own clients!

I too had an exceptional experience with Coco_approved. The bag I purchased was absolutely pristine - brand new...fast responses on all of my silly questions. I paid PayPal - which I think is just better for all purchases like this. Peace of mind. I would buy from her again in a second!
I too purchased from coco-approved. My first pre-loved Chanel purchase over instagram too and it was a great experience. I payed via paypal just to be safe as it was my first time, but next time I buy them them I will etransfer to safe money and since I already know they are legit! I do find their prices to be a bit better than other re-sellers

I'm sharing my positive first experience with mireyna_fashionlover for any TPFers looking for feedback here. I saw Andrea's story on instagram selling for her client and it was something I wanted last year but couldn't get it (a very popular iridescent slg from 19S). She promptly replied to my dm and answered all questions I have about the item. I already did my research and was not hesitate to make a purchase. It took only 1 week for me to receive the item (she had to wait for the item from her client, inspected it then shipped to me). I didn't mind waiting and definitely preferred it this way for peace of mind. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and will buy from her again :hbeat:

Because they can quote different prices to people asking for same bag. if the bag they have posted becomes of high interest, they can sell at the price they want!but i agree! it is soo much better if they post price in advance!