Buying my first LV!

Got home a little while ago and I have to say I love my bag! There were so many people in the store I didn't get the SA treatment I was hoping for. I had to wait for an available SA and I just pointed to the bag I wanted, he wrapped it up and that was it. No real over the top experience just pick it and go. I didn't get the heat stamping I really wanted because they don't do it at that store. I was told I can go downtown and have it done. I'm not about to drive down there any time soon so that's the end of that. I'm happy with my bag but wish the experience was a little better. I did have a good time at the Lush store I went to after though. The ladies there were sharing the new bag joy with me. Lol. I think my next LV purchase will be done online. That way I don't have to drive so far away.

I'm glad that u got the bag u wanted and although I've never actually met u I feel dissapointed that u didn't get the store experience that u were hoping for. I know u had been really excited about it. Im near the middle of 2 large cities, Chicago and St Louis. St Louis is closer. I would not drive to the Chicago area it's too crowded and we go to St Louis sometimes but I've never been to the store near there...only place I've ever been to that sold LV was Saks, and I'll have to say they r helpful.

I do plan on visiting an LV boutique one day though.

LV is VERY helpful thru the phone! They answered immediately no waiting no pressing a million numbers...nothing! I thought the SA would rush me off but she really took her time to explain the bag and give even tho I hadnt asked. Plus free shipping can't b beat! I encourage u to order thru phone the next time. I think establishing a relationship with a good attentive SA is important...they get a sale from u and if there's any little detail or anything u may need extra...they mayb able to help.

At least u did get to visit a store tho and u can tell everyone that u went and bought an LV bag directly from the store. I can't say that! Yet! Lol!!

Congratulations! My first LV was a speedy DE 30 5 years ago, it's still looks as good as new and I still love her as much as I did even though my collection has grown. Great choice and a great bag I hope you really enjoy it!

Just to update, I've used my bag a few times already and I love it! I took my speedy to a drs appointment and got a few looks. Even my husband admires my new bag. He says "it looks very nice and sophisticated ". Lol. I brought it to dinner with the in laws and my MIL didn't realize I was carrying something other than coach. I dodged a bullet with that. If she knew how much my bag was she'd kill my husband. She always asks if my bag is new and how much I (translation my hubby) paid for it. Does anyone else have to deal with a nosy MIL or is just me?

Just to update, I've used my bag a few times already and I love it! I took my speedy to a drs appointment and got a few looks. Even my husband admires my new bag. He says "it looks very nice and sophisticated ". Lol. I brought it to dinner with the in laws and my MIL didn't realize I was carrying something other than coach. I dodged a bullet with that. If she knew how much my bag was she'd kill my husband. She always asks if my bag is new and how much I (translation my hubby) paid for it. Does anyone else have to deal with a nosy MIL or is just me?

Does a nosy future MIL count? Ugh. My fiancé and I actually bought her a mono neverfull for a big birthday gift and although she only uses it for "special occasions," she's eased up on me a bit. The magic of LV? Lol

Does a nosy future MIL count? Ugh. My fiancé and I actually bought her a mono neverfull for a big birthday gift and although she only uses it for "special occasions," she's eased up on me a bit. The magic of LV? Lol

You're a lot nicer than I would be. Lol. I would never buy my MIL a LV. I know she wouldn't appreciate it and she would hate us for spending so much. I know my SIL will immediately google LV and find out exactly how much I spent on my Speedy as soon as she sees it. She's always openly jealous of my things and berates my husband on how much he spends on me.

Oh yes!! My mil asked me if my bag was real or not! Is it bad that I thought about telling her it was fake just so I wouldn't have to deal with her judgement?

You're a lot nicer than I would be. Lol. I would never buy my MIL a LV. I know she wouldn't appreciate it and she would hate us for spending so much. I know my SIL will immediately google LV and find out exactly how much I spent on my Speedy as soon as she sees it. She's always openly jealous of my things and berates my husband on how much he spends on me.

Lol you're inlaw family and my in law family could be twins!! My mil's bday and Mother's Day are just a few days apart so we decided to get her one larger nice gift for both occasions. We got her a beautiful diamond bracelet ( which is way nicer than the gifts she gives us or any of the gifts she gets from anyone else in the family) and all she could do was talk about was how I was the one who wanted to make sure she knew the gift was for both occasions and that she was only getting one gift! It was actually my husband's idea and I was the one who picked out a piece of fine jewelry for her. Ugh never again will I do that.

Lol you're inlaw family and my in law family could be twins!! My mil's bday and Mother's Day are just a few days apart so we decided to get her one larger nice gift for both occasions. We got her a beautiful diamond bracelet ( which is way nicer than the gifts she gives us or any of the gifts she gets from anyone else in the family) and all she could do was talk about was how I was the one who wanted to make sure she knew the gift was for both occasions and that she was only getting one gift! It was actually my husband's idea and I was the one who picked out a piece of fine jewelry for her. Ugh never again will I do that.

Lol. I'm sincerely sorry you're stuck with in laws like mine. I flat out told my mil that I thought she doesn't like me. She denied that but Im sticking to my opinions. :P

Lol. I'm sincerely sorry you're stuck with in laws like mine. I flat out told my mil that I thought she doesn't like me. She denied that but Im sticking to my opinions. :P

Lol we always know the truth! I told my mil she better be nice to me because I am married to the man who will one day be picking her future nursing home lol. ( half joking for course) haha

Lol we always know the truth! I told my mil she better be nice to me because I am married to the man who will one day be picking her future nursing home lol. ( half joking for course) haha

Lol. Good point. I'll have to tell my mil the same thing. My husband is their only responsible child so they better be nice to us. Or else. :P