Buying my first LV!

I'm going to the Oak Brook IL store. I thought about going to the one downtown Chicago but didn't want to have to deal with parking and street traffic. The Oak Brook mall is also where I got my engagement purse at Coach. Husband definitely knows what I like.

Call ahead to make sure they have the DE Speedy in stock. I called that exact store and they did not have the Azur in store but they're ordering it. That was fine by me of course cuz mine was a phone order but since ur going in u want to make sure u can take ur bag home with u! DE is more common right now cuz of winter so u may have more luck.

Nikki was my SA on phone and she is super nice and helpful. Even warned me about the possible color transfer issues with Azur and what can maybe clean it. Which scares me but oh well! Lol! Fashion isnt always perfect. Only bad thing was she was so nice that she makes me want to order more! Very professional too...I called a day earlier asking about the bag and called back the next day and didn't even have to remind her which bag...she had it already input it into the system! My first purchase thru an actual LV store...my last purchase was thru Saks. They were nice too. No worries!

I was planning on buying in late spring early summer but with the price increase decided to go ahead and get it. I don't carry my mono print really anymore and had to have something a bit diff.

I was just about to call ahead and make sure they have the bag but they're not open until noon. Its currently 10:45. Lol. I have to wait a little while because its not going to take that long to drive up there.

Hi all! I'm about to purchase my first LV tomorrow. I'm so excited as I've been wanting a LV for years and I can finally indulge. I'm kind of nervous to spend so much money on something for myself but my husband is encouraging me to get what I really want. I've only shopped at coach for bags and I have a nice collection but this will be the real showstopper for me.
Is there anything I should look out for at the boutique? Anyhting I should know before shopping? I'm going to be such a newbie I'm afraid the SAs will laugh at me. Lol. I know I want to see if my bag can be heat stamped.
I'm definitely buying a DE Speedy 30. (Am I referencing that correctly?)
Congrats! May you have a great experience and enjoy your new bag!

Congrats! I also just purchased my first LV on Friday, also speedy30 ebene from the Chicago store and love it. After I got home, I noticed the bag had the cloth tag and no made in stamp. It's personal preference, but I wanted the made in stamp on mine. My SA was awesome and found a MIF, so I exchanged on Saturday for the MIF. I am so in love with it, and I hope you love yours. Good luck!!!

Got home a little while ago and I have to say I love my bag! There were so many people in the store I didn't get the SA treatment I was hoping for. I had to wait for an available SA and I just pointed to the bag I wanted, he wrapped it up and that was it. No real over the top experience just pick it and go. I didn't get the heat stamping I really wanted because they don't do it at that store. I was told I can go downtown and have it done. I'm not about to drive down there any time soon so that's the end of that. I'm happy with my bag but wish the experience was a little better. I did have a good time at the Lush store I went to after though. The ladies there were sharing the new bag joy with me. Lol. I think my next LV purchase will be done online. That way I don't have to drive so far away.

congrats on your new speedy. it was probably busy at the store because of the price increase. next time hopefully you will get to spend more time with the sa, but at least you have your prize!

The price increase definitely played a part in the business. The SA told me I got there just in time. According to him they are expecting to sell out today. I cant believe they're expecting to sell out but judging by the crowd it can happen. I just wish my bag came in a box instead of just a dust cover. I like pretty storage boxes for my stuff.

I guess one thing to be mindful of is the pronunciation (if you don't know it already lol)

Apparently its "DAH-MEE-YAY EH-BEN" I used to call it "DAH-MEE-YAY EH-BEAN" lol.

I suck at typing out phonetic pronunciations..I pronounce it better now lol but if anyone has a better phonetic pronunciation, do share! I was embarrassed last month with the word "empreinte" lol...

Just a heads up! Congrats on your first LV! That was mine too :smile:

I guess one thing to be mindful of is the pronunciation (if you don't know it already lol)

Apparently its "DAH-MEE-YAY EH-BEN" I used to call it "DAH-MEE-YAY EH-BEAN" lol.

I suck at typing out phonetic pronunciations..I pronounce it better now lol but if anyone has a better phonetic pronunciation, do share! I was embarrassed last month with the word "empreinte" lol...

Just a heads up! Congrats on your first LV! That was mine too :smile:

Thanks for the phonetics. I was concerned about that but it wasn't an issue today. Next time though it might be. I already know my second LV will be a Tivoli. And I might have to make the trip to the store after all. I'm all about instant gratification. :smile:

The price increase definitely played a part in the business. The SA told me I got there just in time. According to him they are expecting to sell out today. I cant believe they're expecting to sell out but judging by the crowd it can happen. I just wish my bag came in a box instead of just a dust cover. I like pretty storage boxes for my stuff.

Yeah, the box thing has been hard to get used to. LV has the most lovely boxes. I store all my Coach bags in beautiful boxes, and was expecting to do the same with my LV. Well my first DE NF came with a collapsable box that I did not like. When I went in to order my luggage tag for my initials, I asked for a regular box and was told they did not make one large enough for the NF GM. Okaaay. So then my next purchase was another NF GM in DA, and lo and behold it came in a beautiful regular box. I was almost happier about the box than the bag...lol.

Anyway I have worked it out. I carry my DE most of the time, and I store my DA very carefully to protect the Vachetta from darkening. The collapsable box actually makes a great box for it.....it stays open really easily and allows the leather to breathe as it rests in the dust bag. Then if I happen to put my DE away for a few days I use the fancy box.

I was used to having a wonderful box for every bag though, so it is a little weird to have no box, or a weird box. Had to adjust my storage space a little....those collapsable boxes ate *huge* when fully open.