Buying Knockoffs as heard on The View 9/07...

OMG! :wtf:ugh! i feel like sending them a long a$$ email about counterfeits and how they, being in a position of power/influence/ and opinion (unfortunately!) for a large populace of female viewers, should set a better moral and educated example!!!!!!!!!!!:cursing::cursing::cursing:

You should do this! They are a bunch of uneducated, foolish women who do not understand who is making these knockoffs or whare that money is funneled to! If I have time over the weekend I may just email them myself!

I hate that show anyways. I can't believe that Barbara would buy a fake, then want an exclusive interview with the CEO of that company. She looses all credibility with me. (Had a long time ago anyways.)

I saw it today and Barbara Walters also said that she would never carry an Hermes bag, fake or not, because she wouldn't want anyone to think she would ever spend that kind of money on a bag...whatever, like that is a lot of money to her, please...Joy said she can't believe these girls that work as secretary's and save a months salary to buy a bag and live in some tiny apartment way outside of the city....yikes!

jfhave - I'm glad someone else saw that show. I was shocked at the comments from the hosts of that show.

I'm not a secretary, but I'd rather save money and get 1 great quality bag, rather than 10 crummy ones made in china.

Harrumpf!:Push:

When Barbara Walters buys a knock off on the street in New York - I'll cut up my Chanel cabas and eat it piece by piece! What a bunch of crap!! They all try to sound like average women from time to time - They are so patronizing, it makes me sick!! They should shut that stupid show down.

^I completely agree here! I completely do not believe that Barbara Walters would be caught dead on Canal St. They shouldn't justify knockoffs so they can seem accessible to their fans.

It truly is sickening that they would talk about it like it's no big deal. It's a designer's creative property and it's really a shame to see a beautiful bag, taken and disgustingly recreated by counterfeiters.

This is my first post. I was heading over to the intro section so that I could properly introduce myself as a fellow bag afficianado, however, I could not beleive this post. What do the ladies (and I use that term loosely, here) on the View think they are doing by condoning the purchase of fake bags? It is ridiculous they would think this is OK. They should know that these bags (The AUTHENTIC ones) are designed by artists and are created in high end design studios to perfection standards. to produce knockoffs is downright stealing! They should be held responsible for promoting illegal activity!

I really dislike the view because their views are always either *****y or so out there that its not necessary to say! (if you can even hear their views, everyone seems to talk at once)... When I was younger I had no problem with fakes but after I heard about child labor, people getting paid close to nothing and working in horrible conditions... sometimes the whole fake bag industry being run by drug lords and what not... what makes that okay?

People also go nuts over someone copying a line or two of a song from another artist or if the beats the same they have to pay but its not the same for designer things? Makes no sense!

I just read an article of all the stuff that a louis vuitton bag goes through when its being made, putting weights in it and dropping it on the floor like 500 times, or get a zipper pulled by a machine back and forth thousands of time to ensure the quality. What quality do theses knocks off have, I don't even want to think what type of "leather" is used for the knock offs!

OMG! :wtf:ugh! i feel like sending them a long a$$ email about counterfeits and how they, being in a position of power/influence/ and opinion (unfortunately!) for a large populace of female viewers, should set a better moral and educated example!!!!!!!!!!!:cursing::cursing::cursing:

You should! :yes: Maybe they will stand corrected and share the info against fakes on a show....wouldn't that be great publicity against it?

When I was pregnant and on bed rest with my firstborn, I actually looked forward to watching the View. I always thought it was fun and informative, and I really like Meredith, who seemed like she actually had some brains. Now all that show is known for is all the behind the scene/on screen drama than for the show itself. The worst thing they did was get Elizabeth. She is the biggest windbag, and has the worst holier-than-thou attitude. The show makes all women look bad. Now to top it off, they makes comments like this! What a bunch of idiots. People that don't know what they are talking about should not have such a large forum to perpetuate their thoughts.

Star Jones once said she used to go down to Canal Street and buy buttons with Chanel logos on them and sew them onto her Lane Bryant suits (she was 300+ pounds at the time), so people would think she was wearing Chanel suits. Besides, did she honestly believe that people would buy the idea that Chanel makes suits to fit 300+ pound women?

:roflmfao: LOL- if I were a Chanel SA and she walked in (presumably to buy a bag or shoes) wearing her $50 "Chanel" suit I would've laughed my ass off.