buying gifts for SAs

i gave my SA a gift a couple weeks ago. lemme go find the pics of what i gave her...

gift.png

i work for a stationery store so it's personalized flat cards with a matching candle.

floral.png

i gave my PAs boxes of chocolates and the most i've ever gave my PS was a shopping voucher.

a Chanel bag i think is a tad too much. (i mean, i wont get her a Chanel when i'm in the same time still loving the double CCs...get me?)

and thats truly my personal point....

They make commissions from their sales, so a small gift is fine. If they are really good, a letter to the store manager (or if they are the store manager you can write to the regional manager) describing the excellent service will go a lot further. Managers use those letters as part of the annual evaluation process and they could help in terms of bonuses and promotions.

wow a Chanel, thats an amazing gift to a family member let alone your SA. I do think thats a bit too much, I think chocolates or gift card to somewhere would be lovely though xx

No they do not! I was shocked whne i first found out!

Big myth...yes they do....but it is not called commission, and not linked to a per item sale....so that's how they can say that.

They get 'bonuses' based on meeting and exceeding their sales quotas. So, yes they have proformance incentive compensation.

well I think in the VIP rooms in some LV stores the personal shopper is similar to an SA but will bring things out for you to try on and the hottest bags etc. Also there will probably be some LE bags like Miroir that are kept just for VERY high VIP's. :flowers:

Well, personally I really don't think there is any difference. My SA does exactly what is being described as a PS.....and although I am a VIC, I am def. not a high end one. She calls me about once a week to let me know what's new and holds things for me she knows I like; scarves, small cutsey items. Calls me when the confidential look book is out. If I call her and let her know when I am coming she usually has a large shopping bag, sometimes 2 with stuff set aside she thinks I will like. :shrugs:

We don't have a vic area at Valley Fair, but I hope the new store will ;)

Ok, so back on topic. I do think a chanel bag might be a bit extreme.

But, I have done larger items. Baby baskets, get well basket (with blankie, books and mags, snacks, etc) for a SA that had foot surgury. I regularly do chocolates, gift cetificates for near by coffee or starbucks, fruit baskets (for whole store).

I usually do it, when someone (my reg SA or another one) goes out of their way to help me, ie: track down hard to find item...bumps me up on the wait list (when I have procrastinated) that kind of thing.

i gave my SA a gift a couple weeks ago. lemme go find the pics of what i gave her...

gift.png

i work for a stationery store so it's personalized flat cards with a matching candle.

floral.png

Great gift! Very simple, yet pretty and thoughtful.

I agree with others that a Chanel bag is a bit excessive...IMO for some people they may get the wrong message...