buying fake LV for boss...difficult situation

please please tell your friend that she cannot be caught with fake merchandise in her luggage. i live in shanghai, china, and i know U.S. customs is extremely strict on people returning to the U.S. after being in asia because they know the huge amount of fake and illegal goods that can be purchased there. she will get into a lot of trouble if caught.

Oh my. What a tough situation. Just ask the boss casually how about buying genuine stuff instead as nowadays fake counterparts are very hard to obtain due to the stringent checks at airport. Gosh..

please please tell your friend that she cannot be caught with fake merchandise in her luggage. i live in shanghai, china, and i know U.S. customs is extremely strict on people returning to the U.S. after being in asia because they know the huge amount of fake and illegal goods that can be purchased there. she will get into a lot of trouble if caught.

Great advice! Just a little while ago, my cousin considered buying counterfeit in HK but was fortunately saved by her older sister from doing this - because she was savvy enough to know about U.S. customs stand on fakes.

I can't believe your friend's boss would even ask for such an inappropriate AND illegal favor. She stepped way over the line! I hope your friend can successfully navigate her way out of this tricky situation. She has all our support!

BEWARE!! I live in Asia and I know that US customs DO NOT ALLOW entry of counterfeit goods to the US. It is also illegal in Japan. She can be held for it esp if they know she's coming from Hongkong. I heard of a lawyer who was deported because of cheap, fake CD's which were not hers - they were inside a package that was handed to her by a relative who asked her to bring them to the US for a relative.

If she is an American citizen then she will most likely be HELD.

Bottom line is - IT'S NOT WORTH THE RISK! I'd rather lose my job than be held in jail!!!

she should just say something like... there was a big sign at the airport about buying fakes so she never even bothered looking for one. Then, she can promptly direct her boss to eluxury.com.

Well, considering it is a FEDERAL OFFENSE and the employee could go to jail..... I think that would be a NO! Just tell them that it is illegal!

I GOT IT!!! tell her that they are illegal! tell her that she would risk federal charges bringing that back into the country. she can not risk her freedom for anyone.

ITA

side note the boss probably thinks your friends bags are fake. when she gives her that speech she should have the card and or name of her SA and let her know that she gets excellent service from that person everytime she comes in.

that should kill both birds with one stone.

love this idea!!!