Buyers on ebay are going to make me cry!

It is funny; the buyers on eBay sometimes think that an item will magically appear on their doorstep the next day! If you purchase from an online retailer, like Bluefly, Shopbop or Luna Boston, it takes several days to arrive. Somehow THAT is acceptable, but when you buy something from eBay, it's a different story.
Don't worry about it. If she is so petty that she would give you a negative over this; despite receiving something very nice, then there is nothing you can do. Just make a note under the feedback explaining delayed shipping.
Don't let something like this ruin your day.

I only get annoyed when retailers take more than a couple of days to ship. But when it comes to ebay, I'm fine with shipping within a week. In fact, most of the time, I'm impressed with how fast I get stuff. Cheer up, there are still nice buyers out there who don't think the world revolves around them :yes:

I understand. My father recently had Prostate cancer, so he had his prostate out, then had a heart defribulation and had to stay in the Cardiac ICU, then he got a boold clot in his lung and had to go back for another week. They live in another state so I was driving back and forth. Everything was shipped late but luckily the two people I sold to understood. It really sucks. I mean, if you had the flu you wouldn't show up at a job at the office, so I can understand how you would not show up at your eBay job.

If you get a neg, just respond underneath it saying "shipped within 3 business days) and ignore it otherwise. And neg her back with an "unreasonable expectations." I would neg if someone didn't ship for 2 weeks. Three business days is fine.

Seriously ebay gives you 7 days to pay my rules are if you have 7days to pay I have 7 days to ship, this way I am covered in case of sickness or anything.

I think the person is jumping the gun, you shipped in plenty of time.

Aw, don't let them upset you. Some people are just not very understanding. Three days is not at all unreasonable! When I have has uncontrolled situations stop me from shipping immediately, I have emailed the buyer and let them know...not once has anyone not been ok with it. I hope that she does not neg you, but if she does then I would neg her right back!

Please,please,please do not let it get to you!! hope everyone is feeling better. I think you are doing a wonderful job! just wanted to pat your back.:woohoo:
relax & enjoy the holidays do not let ANYONE take that away especially *bay A$$h@les!
Happy Holidays!!!:tup:

Awww, definitely don't let the unreasonable expectations of a buyer get you down, honey! Heck--I ordered some shirts from Macy's for my son on Dec. 9th...and they didn't arrive until Dec. 20th! Then my apartment manager's office (where they signed for the box) closed early, so even though I rushed home from work to try to get the box yesterday, I couldn't! Now, my son will get his clothes the day AFTER Christmas.

Sh*t happens, and you don't have any paid staff (like the big department stores) to help you get your items out quickly. People who buy from ebay know that and they need to learn to accept it. You made your best effort to get the items out as soon as you could; you got them out within the 7-day period ebay allows you to do it, and that's really all you needed to do. Hope you and your family are feeling better and all over that nasty flu bug!;)

Thanks everyone.... not this person, but another has filed a dispute and a claim AT THE SAME TIME for a purse. This time the lady took 5 days to pay, I mailed 3 business days later (same reason as above - flu) and despite me shipping on Tuesday I don't think ANY of these packages have arrived yet!!! And it's SATURDAY.

But, HOW, I mean How can anyone file a claim if it's only been 9 days since she paid? And she didn't even pay right away (and didn't tell me why she didn't pay right away, I had to email her to find out when she was paying since she didn't respond to the invoice email).

UGH!!!! I REALLY think people are just up in arms because it's the holidays (though I know these purses weren't presents). They have like ZERO patience...

It's a learning experience right? I guess 2 "hairy" transactions out of 85 isn't "terrible", but STILL!

Definitely respond to any negative feedback--whenever I see an item I like on ebay, and it's sold by a seller with negatives, I check his/her feedback. Often, I can clearly see they just had a bad/problem buyer, and if the majority of their feedback is positive, I'll bid with no worries.

I am so upset. I sold several items that ended Thursday through Sunday. During that time also my ENTIRE family had the flu - first DS (out of school on Friday), then DH, then me, and then the toddler. I got all the boxes ready to go and shipped on Tuesday. I had to go to three stores to find the right sized boxes for breakable items, etc. It was a real pain.

Then, I waited an hour at the post office with my toddler in tow.

and now??? I have an irrate buyer because I shipped on Tuesday when they paid on Thursday night. I TRULY understand as it's close to the holidays, but good grief I"M A PERSON!!!! I shipped priority, insured it, did everything I was supposed to do, but I just COULDN'T ship faster for those last 5 items. Now she is saying I'm morally wrong for not shipping immediately because it's Christmas and she paid instantly, etc.

I GET IT... I do and I'm sure everyone here will say I should have shipped next day, but sometimes life interferes, right??? and I'm SURE, SURE I'll get a negative. She's only done 30 transactions (at least that is reported) and I've found that it's the newbies that are the most difficult - pay late, don't communicate, expect the unreasonable... but yes... in her place, I would be frantic too (They are Christmas plates)... but ugh.... I just couldn't do more than I did at the time.

I just feel like crying. Actually, I am crying.
Sorry to hear about this mess....
I can understand her irateness though as i can understand your illness. Did you auctions state a shipping day/timeframe and did you email her to let her know that you couldn't ship?

I am totally agree with lovemyangels, I hate to go and stay in lines at the P.O. I weights,measures,and prints all of my labels at home and let my mailman pick the package up at the door and he is happy with a sweet box of chocolate I given him as Chistmas present :yes:.