Buyer paid, is no longer registered, what now?

so an update: since most of you said the better thing to do was to issue a refund, i decided to refund her, minus the fees Paypal took.

well, she's not registered on Paypal anymore either. I thought it was odd that she wasn't in my account's pulldown list of recipients, so I manually put in the Paypal email address she used to send the money. Apparently, I can't, because it's no longer registered with Paypal. I have no idea what to do. Her phone number (the one she listed on eBay and the one I had gotten through earlier) is still disconnected, and she hasn't returned my emails. I've put the shoes up on eBay again without bothering to file a claim -- I don't care about getting the relisting fees at this point. But I have a weird guilty conscience about the money. I'm ready and willing to give her back what she paid (minus the fees Paypal took for an echeck), but I have no way to get it to her! I'd even go as far as writing a check and mailing it to her ... if she had a working mailing address!

What would you guys do?

I'm sticking with my original advice. ;) Wait until she contacts you, what else can you do? I wouldn't feel bad since you have done all you can.

If she contacts you, then you can deal with it. My conscience would be okay with all the things you've done. Relax.:yes:

you might have to refund the money, I know you don't want to because you are trying to clean out your closet, but you still have your shoes. its only right.

what an odd buyer! purchases and then disappears? whoa

I'd say then, hang on to the money. Wait until she contacts you.

Don't send her a check. If she wants it, then she will do what it takes to find you. Maybe your purchaser is in the witness protection program now? LOL

In the meantime, put your shoes back on eBay! :supacool:

Give a partial refund deduct ebay cost/ shipping/ and relisting fee....But only after ebay has told you exactly how to refund her...As you dont know if she even has a paypal account anymore

Well if you have nowhere to frefund you cant refund. I would tell ebay what has happened so it doesnt seem bad if she contacts them at some point. Then just wait.
If she doesnt contact you within a reasonable time you should relist shoes I suppose. You can refund her any time she reappears..

Maybe I'm a bit callous, but I say you already went above and beyond with what was a complete and utter headache of a transaction. If it were me, I'd take the money less the paypal fees and ebay fees and just donate it to a charity and be rid of it. I think the length of time it had went on is rediculous for you to have to put up with. IF your buyer ever surfaces again tell her too bad so sad, and that she can find a donation to the ASPCA in her name LOL

On a less catty note, has ebay given any instructions on the situation? I'm curious what they say given the situation...

She is a total idiot for not getting her money back! But .. it is NOT your problem!!!!! (unless she contacts you.) As I said in an earlier post, if she was kicked off ebay, she was probably kicked off paypal too. They don't just do this for the heck of it (kick people off ebay and paypal, though I realize there are stories to the contrary.) There was some obvious problem with this person: she may be a scammer (or not)..Wait to hear from her a little while longer and if you don't, maybe you can give the $$ to charity if this is really bothering you????? I mean what are you going to do -- you have tried beyond the norm to contact her.:smile:

no updates. no emails from the buyer.
i haven't contacted ebay again after i found out she's no longer on paypal.

before i found that out, ebay had instructed me to refund her so i could file a nonpaying bidder claim and get my fee back. since i can't refund her, i figured it's out of my hands and ebay's hands as well. i think it's really odd too that she doesn't want her shoes OR her money back, but i also think i have done all that i can in this situation. i'm putting the money aside and i'll give it back to her if she ever contacts me, but i've already relisted my shoes.

who doesn't care about their money or shoes?!

ps. i think the donation suggestion is hilarious!