Buyer diappointed with item's condition-what to do?

I got the similiar buyer! The point is she ( my buyer ) is trying to get more discount for that item. She decide to keep the item but when I ask to return, she peeled-off the linning because her original intention is to get more discount. Just ask to return, it's Chanel bag, you'll be able to sell it on eBay even higher than the price she purchased for. I notice although selling on eBay for LV is slowly but Chanel is still fast.

I had this type of thing happen to me once and I actually contacted some other sellers who had dealt with the particular buyer and come to find out, she tried to pull the same thing quite often. I told her to send the bag back and I refunded her money. She tried to back peddle saying how much she loved it but it was more worn than she expected and she wanted to keep it but even a few dollars would make her feel better. I told her, "I couldn't possibly sleep at night knowing that she was in any way unhappy" and that it "would be best if the bag was returned for full refund"!!!!
However, in your case since she applied the conditioner, I wouldn't imagine that you're obligated to do anything. I wouldn't give her a penny!!!!!!

Good luck!

However, in your case since she applied the conditioner, I wouldn't imagine that you're obligated to do anything. I wouldn't give her a penny!!!!!!

Good luck!

:yes: she should keep it in the same condition when seller sent it if she expect for refund. If she damaged your bag, keep asking to return but send partially refund. Sounding like "hard-to-deal" buyer. Sigh... eBay full of newbie with unpaid items and trouble maker buyers at this time :nogood:

I would at least document in some way with her that the item was not bearing worn corners when it was sent to her-by reminding her that no reference was made to any wear to them in her initial issues with the bag. That way she can respond to your statement and you can submit the whole exaggerated saga to Paypal when the SNAD comes. If you haven't already done so- block her from future auctions. She is obviously out to get a great bag for nothing. If you listed in your description this was a slouchy bag- that is what she got. You IMO have the upper hand here. Good Luck!

Personally, because of her ever changing story, I wouldn't refund her anything, however, if you feel you must, then just refund her $10 or $15 for
the "conditioner".

At this point, I would stop emailing her, as nothing you say is going to please her.

Good luck!

K
x

In retrospect, I should not have applied the conditioner (which as I said is very safe on Chanel and only improves the appearance and longevity of these items) but at the time, I was only trying to spruce it up and convince myself I could live with its condition. Obviously I did not try to hide that I had done it, though I could have. I do like the style a lot and I am heartbroken because I don't know if I'll find another. The only reason I am talking about selling it on ebay is because due to its condition, I do not want to carry it. Although there are no scratches, the corners are, in fact, worn and the leather is stretched and honestly, the bag looks fairly beat up. I am going to take the bag to my local Chanel boutique and ask for advice, but I am pretty sure they will suggest refurbishing for around $350, so my investment for a hardly used bag in excellent condition will be closer to the price of purchasing it new if I decide to go that route. I am so disappointed.

I know for a fact the corners showed no wear because that's my biggest fear with bags so I triple inspected them. No wear, zilch. Plus she never mentioned them having wear this whole time even after I repeatedly relied on the fact that they had no wear to back up my argument...now they have wear and the bag is beaten up. Just as background info, I purchased this bag not long ago and the exterior was described as "mint condition". I never even wore it because it was too small for me, I just kept it in a dust bag in the closet lightly stuffed so it would keep its shape.

Sorry to have to bring this up, echo, but I thought you said that there was; 'Pretty much no wear to the corners.' in the listing?

I took that to mean that there must have been a tiny bit of wear? Otherwise, if there was; 'No wear, zilch.', why would you say; 'Pretty much'? :shrugs:

Either way, if she is talking about wear to the corners and you know for a fact that there isn't any, why not demand that she provides pics?

I doubt that she could fake wear to the corners in them. :smile:

Just wanted to share my story since I've been in that exact situation..only I was the buyer. I was looking at two very similar bags: the first seller was very kind enough as to be honest about all the "flaws" of the bag (fraying leather, loose stitches, scuffed corners, warmed handles, etc) while the other listed the item as Brand New with Tags. I was sure I would be able to get the first bag at a much, much cheaper price because of the flaws but I went for the second bag (even if it's a lot more expensive) due to the fact that I really can't deal with the flaws of the first bag. I even remember mentioning this to the second seller who guaranteed me that none of these flaws were present in her bag. So I bought the bag, paid duties and taxes (because seller declared wrong amount) and got it!

I really did fall inlove with the bag but when I opened it, there were the exact same flaws that were found in the first bag!!:sad: She said bags were complete with tags but mine were incomplete, handles were definitely softened and stretch (which is impossible if it were brand new so it was definitely used) and there was fraying of the leather everywhere!! I was really disappointed with the bag because I paid a LOT for the bag and I could have gotten the cheaper bag since they both had the same flaws.

I emailed her pics and everything to which she acknowledge but told me the bag was indeed brand new, which for me was somewhat impossible. Well, I've hand brand new and used Balenciaga and I do know how to spot their differences:rolleyes:. She insisted on a $50 refund, which I think is useless since the difference between both bags were well over $300. She refuses to reply to my emails now so I guess I'll just leave everything to karma.:yes:

Sorry for hijacking the thread with a long post, but as the person on the receiving end..I provided as much pics as I can and gathered as much "expert advice" (from Bag addicts as well) about the condition of the bag. It's not that I wanted to extort more money from her but the item was misrepresented, and I still would have gotten the bag but at a different price. I can't really force her to pay me a partial refund. So, I just charged it to experience.:sad:

^ mischka, don't let her get away with it; open a dispute with Paypal. :yes:

Mention in that dispute the honestly described one and how much it sold for, to give an idea of how much you should have paid for this one and say how much of a partial refund you would, therefore, be prepared to accept (i.e. $300). Be sure to include all correspondence between you and the seller, list all the flaws in detail and point out how the bag's condition varies from the auction description and the seller's email assurances.

If you need any help, please feel free to PM me, or start a thread about it and you should receive good advice from the members here. :flowers:

To the OP, do not let her blackmail you! I have had my past 2 buyers complain about condition when they were both in GREAT condition just as described. It is so frustrating because then they blackmail you that they will leave negative feedback. IMO it is just as much a scam as a seller sending a fake bag. I have not refunded either buyer and I refuse to, even if they give me negative feedback because it has to be stopped. The weird thing is they are both from the same part of the country, wonder if it is a ring of some sort? Probably not, but weird.

BTW, you can actually sue someone for libel for giving negative feedback unjustly. I would totally consider it if it happens.

I just came back to this thread after last night to see what's been happening. You know what? This lady is ridiculous. I would end all communication with her immediately. I used to have the same exact bag (in fact, I had two) and can say for a fact that the lambskin is extremely soft and slouchy. I don't see a thing wrong with the structure of the bag in the photo you provided. She's crazy.

It sounds like she is trying to guilt you into a huge partial refund for the bag. And then do you know what she's going to do after she gets it? She's going to sell the bag on eBay for alot more than she paid you for it. And she'll do it without mentioning ANY FLAWS WHATSOEVER. I had a recent experience with a buyer who purchased a pair of Louboutin shoes from me. She tried to get a huge refund claiming damage and when I refused, she backed down and listed them on eBay with NO MENTION of any damage (of course). It's a scam.

Stick to your guns on this one. Don't refund her a dime. Especially for any product that she put on the bag (if in fact she did). Why would you refund her for that? That was her dumbness.

^^^I totally agree with her!!! I'm sorry you are going through this!

^ mischka, don't let her get away with it; open a dispute with Paypal. :yes:

Mention in that dispute the honestly described one and how much it sold for, to give an idea of how much you should have paid for this one and say how much of a partial refund you would, therefore, be prepared to accept (i.e. $300). Be sure to include all correspondence between you and the seller, list all the flaws in detail and point out how the bag's condition varies from the auction description and the seller's email assurances.

If you need any help, please feel free to PM me, or start a thread about it and you should receive good advice from the members here. :flowers:

Unfortunately, I trusted her because she was a tPf member and was very, very nice to talk to. Her listing ended and we decided to do the transaction through Google Checkout. Well, lesson learned ladies! Lesson learned, indeed!:P

Sorry to have to bring this up, echo, but I thought you said that there was; 'Pretty much no wear to the corners.' in the listing?

I took that to mean that there must have been a tiny bit of wear? Otherwise, if there was; 'No wear, zilch.', why would you say; 'Pretty much'? :shrugs:

Either way, if she is talking about wear to the corners and you know for a fact that there isn't any, why not demand that she provides pics?

I doubt that she could fake wear to the corners in them. :smile:

I put that because I am human and as much as I saw no wear to the corners I know condition is somewhat subjective. As subjective as it is, I thought there was absolutely NO WAY even the pickiest of buyers could argue there was anything more than "pretty much no wear". I thought putting that would be a slightly underestimated judgement of the true condition of the bag and that erring on the side of caution would protect me from buyers like this. I honestly thought the new buyer was going to be thrilled with the condition of the bag...I was not expecting this.

As for faking wear to the corners- that's soooo easy. She could rub some sandpaper or something on them to make them wear. She obviously does not want the bag, so if doing that gave her her $$ back and stuck me with a damaged bag there's nothing keeping her from doing that and saying I posted old pictures of the bag...well, except maybe ethics, so lets hope she has some.

Just wanted to share my story since I've been in that exact situation..only I was the buyer. I was looking at two very similar bags: the first seller was very kind enough as to be honest about all the "flaws" of the bag (fraying leather, loose stitches, scuffed corners, warmed handles, etc) while the other listed the item as Brand New with Tags. I was sure I would be able to get the first bag at a much, much cheaper price because of the flaws but I went for the second bag (even if it's a lot more expensive) due to the fact that I really can't deal with the flaws of the first bag. I even remember mentioning this to the second seller who guaranteed me that none of these flaws were present in her bag. So I bought the bag, paid duties and taxes (because seller declared wrong amount) and got it!

I really did fall inlove with the bag but when I opened it, there were the exact same flaws that were found in the first bag!!:sad: She said bags were complete with tags but mine were incomplete, handles were definitely softened and stretch (which is impossible if it were brand new so it was definitely used) and there was fraying of the leather everywhere!! I was really disappointed with the bag because I paid a LOT for the bag and I could have gotten the cheaper bag since they both had the same flaws.

I emailed her pics and everything to which she acknowledge but told me the bag was indeed brand new, which for me was somewhat impossible. Well, I've hand brand new and used Balenciaga and I do know how to spot their differences:rolleyes:. She insisted on a $50 refund, which I think is useless since the difference between both bags were well over $300. She refuses to reply to my emails now so I guess I'll just leave everything to karma.:yes:

Sorry for hijacking the thread with a long post, but as the person on the receiving end..I provided as much pics as I can and gathered as much "expert advice" (from Bag addicts as well) about the condition of the bag. It's not that I wanted to extort more money from her but the item was misrepresented, and I still would have gotten the bag but at a different price. I can't really force her to pay me a partial refund. So, I just charged it to experience.:sad:

Eeek! I'm so sorry to hear that! Definitely file a SNAD!

I am filing a SNAD over a bag I bought that was in deplorable condition and the seller stopped communicating with me about it even though she promised to help resolve it outside of paypal. So I really understand the other side of the story, I do...but just not in this case because I'm certain the bag was correctly described and that she has buyer's remorse. At first I felt badly and wanted to work things out, but she provided no evidence of of a true discrepancy (ie. photos of worn corners, tears in the bag, etc) and seems to have taken advantage of my initial concern that I overlooked something in order to either get the bag for dirt cheap or return it because she decided she didn't like it.

Good luck to you! I hope you get your $ back so you can buy a new bbag.

I think her methods are definitely passive agressive and it's ironic that the more you communicate, the more "flaws" she finds with the bag. I seem to recall you wrote early in the thread that you bought the bag off ebay and never carried it so as I re-read your description of the bag in your listing you said it APPEARED hardly used, this couldn't be more accurate beccause you never used it yourself...but appears is different than saying "you hardly used it". i think buyers really need to READ the lisitng in full before before they bid and ask these questions in advance of bidding...how many threads have we oursleves read in the tpf "authenticate this" forum where people bid on a bag, win it, then start worrying if if's authentic or questioning the condition before decide whether to pay or not! It is human nature to second guess ourselves and we cannot return the item like we are shopping at Neimans, so then they get buyers remorse even worse. I just want to scream PLEASE READ THE LISTING IN FULL TO THE VERY END AND ASK ALL QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU BID!!!!

echo23, let us know what happens with your feedback. did you ever send her a pay pal refund for the shipping? if not, can't say I blame you. sounds like she wanted your bag, but for $300 instead, and didn't dislike it enough to demand a refund instantly but decided to mess with it first! plus this is the very reason I do not accept returns, there is no way of guaranteeing they won't damge the bag before they send it back to you. too much risk! Good luck, T.