Buyer claims fake after 5 months! NIGHTMARE! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without all the right information it's hard to know how to respond, I mean seriously, who knows for sure the bag the OP sold was authentic OR fake? The bag the first buyer sold on may have been a different bag altogether. We'll never know for sure. I still doubt very much that Gucci would repair a bag that was fake, but was the bag actually sent to Gucci? I guess we'll never know. I don't think we're going to get answers that will resolve this issue. One thing I'm sure we'd all agree on though is that fakes ruin eBay and customer relations.

To all the people saying that pink.caviar is lying - how do we even know that that the fake is the same bag she sold originally? We can't see the original listing so we can't judge that they are the same bag. What if pink.caviar just thought that the bag in the second listing was her bag? <- and so tried to convince the 2nd buyer that it was real.

I think we are all confused here, we are not sure if the bag is real or fake or indeed if it has been switched. Pinkcaviar is probably confused too. maybe someone will close this thread?

Given this new info, I will be surprised if the OP replies to this thread anymore. It really bothers me that people on tPF come to us for advice and are totally yanking our chains (if that is indeed what is going on here). I think lying and leading people on in this forum should be a bannable offense, especially if it involves eBay and if there is proof that confirms they are lying.

:goodpost:

Sadly, one of the reasons I don't frequent this forum much is the mob mentality that prevails when only one side of a story is told. OP didn't provide the entire story yet a small number of members who responded called Buyer#1 "crazy" or "psycho". She is neither...she is someone who got ripped off by the OP and was busted by Beejerry who happened to know the entire story and more important ACCURATELY reported it. I've seen the communications between the OP and Buyer#2 since Buyer#2 is also a friend of mine. Buyer#2 just wants her money back for the fake as she was busted for trying to sell that fake on eBay. It has nothing to do with the age of the OP or her perceived opulent wardrobe, etc. It is about someone wanting her money back for buying a fake. Something which the OP totally failed to mention.

Thanks for sharing the link to this topic Beejerry...it is nice to see the tide turn on the unscrupulous and manipulative seller.

Cheers!

:drinks:

Without all the right information it's hard to know how to respond, I mean seriously, who knows for sure the bag the OP sold was authentic OR fake? The bag the first buyer sold on may have been a different bag altogether. We'll never know for sure. I still doubt very much that Gucci would repair a bag that was fake, but was the bag actually sent to Gucci? I guess we'll never know. I don't think we're going to get answers that will resolve this issue. One thing I'm sure we'd all agree on though is that fakes ruin eBay and customer relations.

To all the people saying that pink.caviar is lying - how do we even know that that the fake is the same bag she sold originally? We can't see the original listing so we can't judge that they are the same bag. What if pink.caviar just thought that the bag in the second listing was her bag? <- and so tried to convince the 2nd buyer that it was real.

The OP's (current) silence speaks volumes for her knowledge. She knew what she was selling a fake, thought she'd gotten away with it and when confronted 5 months later, tried to talk her way out of it. Although she may not have known that her buyer resold the bag, she knew that it was the same one. And in fact, there was never any question that there was a switch until other posters on this forum raised the possibility.

Also, understand that when buyer #2 made her purchase in December, the OP's listing was still viewable on ebay. Many of us saw it, recognized it as the same bag and also recognized the original seller's ID as being one that had been previously reported as a fake-seller.

OP is bummed that she got caught and has done a disappearing act.

WOW, what a turn of events here!
I am truly sorry that someone purchased a fake and didn't find out for several months. Selling fakes is unacceptable!
The one question that I have is :::: Did the original buyer have the bag repaired or not? Is this just an added statement by OP? I am totally confused if the bag was actually repaired or not.

:goodpost:

Sadly, one of the reasons I don't frequent this forum much is the mob mentality that prevails when only one side of a story is told. OP didn't provide the entire story yet a small number of members who responded called Buyer#1 "crazy" or "psycho". She is neither...she is someone who got ripped off by the OP and was busted by Beejerry who happened to know the entire story and more important ACCURATELY reported it. I've seen the communications between the OP and Buyer#2 since Buyer#2 is also a friend of mine. Buyer#2 just wants her money back for the fake as she was busted for trying to sell that fake on eBay. It has nothing to do with the age of the OP or her perceived opulent wardrobe, etc. It is about someone wanting her money back for buying a fake. Something which the OP totally failed to mention.

Thanks for sharing the link to this topic Beejerry...it is nice to see the tide turn on the unscrupulous and manipulative seller.

Cheers!

:drinks:

This is very true. In this case, someone on the other side of the story is a part of this forum, but that usuall is not the case! This is the 3rd thread I have seen over the past two or three weeks where someone posted a story of some kind, and then were called out on something about it by others, and the OP never returned to the thread again. This is clearly where this thread is going! Mods should just close this thread...

Maybe I was not clear on my first reply... here is a summary.

OP sold a Gucci horsebit chain hobo to buyer#1 in September 2007.

Buyer#1 listed and sold it to buyer #2 (who is my friend) and the bag turned out to be unauthentic in December 2007.

OP emailed buyer#2 trying to convince her that the bag was real. That's how buyer#2 knew OP is the seller.

Still a little confused on how you connect The Ebay seller to the OP. Did the OP told your friend her TPF ID? Is the Ebay id "premierestate..." Because they sell mostly jewerly and the OP said she have handbags, shoes and designer stuff listed. :confused1:

OP was selling fakes before she got suspended from ebay in early January, now she is only listing jewelry with this ID. She has another ID to list other stuff.

I am not the only one who found out that she sold fakes, there are a couple more people who are very active over ebay/other boards know too.

I agreed with " Tefhel".. How would we know that the purse that "Pink.caviar" sold to the first buyer is a fake? because we didn't see the first listing.. and what if the first buyer got the authentic purse from "Pink.caviar" then bought the fake gucci somewhere else which is the same style and then try to sell it on ebay to get her money back then when she got caught that the bag is a fake she try to blame "Pink.caviar" and act like she is innocent..???? These day it's really hard for seller because lots of scammer buyers try to take advantage of the seller in anyway.. i think that it's not worth it for the seller to sell a fake bag because buyer will file case with paypal and get their money back and get a bag too.. The seller lost the bag, money, waste time, get bad reputation and everything.. Personally, i still think that "Pink.cavia" is a victim of this case!!!

Hi everyone,

This is the original poster here. I sense that because I don't visit this thread hourly, there is some hostility against me for "being silent" when in fact I have been working and this is the first time since my last post that I checked this.

Thanks for everyone that has given me advice and was supportive, but I will no longer be coming here for advice in the future.

First of all, I am not sure where the accusations come from with me selling to a buyer and the buyer selling it back? For the record, "pink.caviar" is not my selling ID on Ebay so whoever it is tossing around and accusing me, you have the wrong selling ID.

This bag was to the best of my knowledge authentic because it was sold from someone that purchased this from the Gucci flagship in South Coast Plaza.

Furthermore, I have emails from the buyer stating specifically that she took it to Gucci to repair a minor detail on the handle end of the strap. Later, she revised the story to say it was fixed at Neimans. Either way, it was fixed by an authority that would not have if it was fake.

Frankly, I do not have time for this, and I did not come to a community that I perceived to be supportive and helpful to get falsely accused and ripped on. Even though I believe this bag to be 100% authentic, and CONFIRMED by whichever company fixed it for her (NM or Gucci), I am going to refund her completely. And once I get it back its going in the garbage. I dont want to see another Gucci bag in my life. I am truly sorry if this causes her to do this to other sellers on here in the future, and I very much appreciate you girls that have taken the time to give me advice on this forum. But I am sick of the time and emotional energy I have wasted on this situation. I would advise many of you self appointed "vigilantes" that make sweeping judgements and accusations of innocent people like me to get off your highhorse, and the internet, and get outside and LIVE life out in the fresh air instead of hiding behind your self perceived knowledge of handbags!

I've owned probably more than $300k+ worth of designers bags and make much more in disposable income a year to have to resort to selling a fake Gucci bag for a measly $400. And would I be visiting this forum if I wasn't against the sale of counterfeits??

I won't be visiting this forum again, but I am sincerely grateful for all the girls that have tried to give me advice. Off to refund this person, whether she is a scammer or not, I have wasted enough of my time and emotions.

Take care everyone.

OP was selling fakes before she got suspended from ebay in early January, now she is only listing jewelry with this ID. She has another ID to list other stuff.

I am not the only one who found out that she sold fakes, there are a couple more people who are very active over ebay/other boards know too.

Thats why i'm always a little apprehensive to believe people who are brand new members with their first posts being in this forum.

Hi everyone,

This is the original poster here. I sense that because I don't visit this thread hourly, there is some hostility against me for "being silent" when in fact I have been working and this is the first time since my last post that I checked this.

Thanks for everyone that has given me advice and was supportive, but I will no longer be coming here for advice in the future.

First of all, I am not sure where the accusations come from with me selling to a buyer and the buyer selling it back? For the record, "pink.caviar" is not my selling ID on Ebay so whoever it is tossing around and accusing me, you have the wrong selling ID.

This bag was to the best of my knowledge authentic because it was sold from someone that purchased this from the Gucci flagship in South Coast Plaza.

Furthermore, I have emails from the buyer stating specifically that she took it to Gucci to repair a minor detail on the handle end of the strap. Later, she revised the story to say it was fixed at Neimans. Either way, it was fixed by an authority that would not have if it was fake.

Frankly, I do not have time for this, and I did not come to a community that I perceived to be supportive and helpful to get falsely accused and ripped on. Even though I believe this bag to be 100% authentic, and CONFIRMED by whichever company fixed it for her (NM or Gucci), I am going to refund her completely. And once I get it back its going in the garbage. I dont want to see another Gucci bag in my life. I am truly sorry if this causes her to do this to other sellers on here in the future, and I very much appreciate you girls that have taken the time to give me advice on this forum. But I am sick of the time and emotional energy I have wasted on this situation. I would advise many of you self appointed "vigilantes" that make sweeping judgements and accusations of innocent people like me to get off your highhorse, and the internet, and get outside and LIVE life out in the fresh air instead of hiding behind your self perceived knowledge of handbags!

I've owned probably more than $300k+ worth of designers bags and make much more in disposable income a year to have to resort to selling a fake Gucci bag for a measly $400. And would I be visiting this forum if I wasn't against the sale of counterfeits??

I won't be visiting this forum again, but I am sincerely grateful for all the girls that have tried to give me advice. Off to refund this person, whether she is a scammer or not, I have wasted enough of my time and emotions.

Take care everyone.
Awww, I think pink caviar might have been scammed. No hard feelings. I did think whilst reading the thread yesterday it all sounded a bit weird. Why would pink caviar have started this if the bag was fake? The bag could have been switched numerous times in 5 months. Take care Pink caviar :girlsigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.