Buy/sell in Facebook groups?

KPCoppola

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Just curious if people have had positive experiences. I joined one group and there seems to be very reasonable deals and strict rules…. But I guess I’m still skeptical?
Not sure why I feel this way about Facebook groups + selling stuff…. I bought my HORSES from Facebook ads so maybe I should be more trusting??
I don’t see much chatter about it so I was just wondering about people’s thoughts…

Just curious if people have had positive experiences. I joined one group and there seems to be very reasonable deals and strict rules…. But I guess I’m still skeptical?
Not sure why I feel this way about Facebook groups + selling stuff…. I bought my HORSES from Facebook ads so maybe I should be more trusting??
I don’t see much chatter about it so I was just wondering about people’s thoughts…
somehow a person selling a horse appears to be more trustworthy than one selling a bag, idk.
I personally would not buy anything Hermes from Facebook or instagram, but I’m old and cantankerous that way. If you do so, I would advise fee based paypal backed by Amex and the usual precaution of having @bababebi or reputable other authenticate by photo prior to purchase. I don’t think @haute okole buys from them either, but I believe that she might be more familiar, so am tagging her here. Good luck! If you find the deal of the century please tag me so I can celebrate your good fortune :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: KPCoppola
I don’t think I would pull the trigger on anything Hermes… I still am nervous buying it from somewhere like FP haha.
There were several Gucci bags that were priced way better than some resale sites- so even though I don’t *need* them, I thought about it.
The whole reason I joined was to sell some bags that aren’t moving on Poshmark, but I haven’t gotten that far either.

**and horse people on FB are crazy and many are untrustworthy :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: 880
somehow a person selling a horse appears to be more trustworthy than one selling a bag, idk.
I personally would not buy anything Hermes from Facebook or instagram, but I’m old and cantankerous that way. If you do so, I would advise fee based paypal backed by Amex and the usual precaution of having @bababebi or reputable other authenticate by photo prior to purchase. I don’t think @haute okole buys from them either, but I believe that she might be more familiar, so am tagging her here. Good luck! If you find the deal of the century please tag me so I can celebrate your good fortune :biggrin:
@880 thanks for the tag. @KPCoppola, I am on the Hermes FB page for Shiz and giggles. This is the latest offering. Hahahaha! Needless to say, I would never buy a QB on FB. EVER.

Attachments

• IMG_0909.jpeg
    IMG_0909.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0908.jpeg
    IMG_0908.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0907.jpeg
    IMG_0907.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 36
@880 thanks for the tag. @KPCoppola, I am on the Hermes FB page for Shiz and giggles. This is the latest offering. Hahahaha! Needless to say, I would never buy a QB on FB. EVER.
I’m tagging @ExoticsOnly who will find this faux croc Birkin you posted appalling and who has found all sorts of fake croc lady Diors.

ETA: the rodeo is a recalcitrant mule

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: haute okole
I am an admin for one of the brand-specific BSTs on Facebook. Because the brand is relatively obscure, most of us know each other within our little community, and perhaps that is why there are shockingly few problems with transactions. Bags change hands there all the time, and I can count on one hand the number of ripoff complaints we've ever had.

With the rise of scams and robberies happens in 1 to 1 transactions, and now there are so many apps offer buyer seller protections, I don’t see the necessity to buy and sell high priced Designer items on facebook, inexpensive stuff is fine such as items valued at couple of hundreds

With the rise of scams and robberies happens in 1 to 1 transactions, and now there are so many apps offer buyer seller protections, I don’t see the necessity to buy and sell high priced Designer items on facebook, inexpensive stuff is fine such as items valued at couple of hundreds
These aren’t marketplace transactions like selling furniture in person (which I’ve done, haha)- they are sort of like brand(s) specific groups with transactions taking place over PP, etc. So I think there is still some buyer protection depending on the app used.
It just seems like another way to market your bags or search for bags without the high commission or inundated market of Poshmark or eBay imo.
I haven’t sold anything yet because there are a ton of rules for posting- and many more pics needed and I’ve been lazy :P

These aren’t marketplace transactions like selling furniture in person (which I’ve done, haha)- they are sort of like brand(s) specific groups with transactions taking place over PP, etc. So I think there is still some buyer protection depending on the app used.
It just seems like another way to market your bags or search for bags without the high commission or inundated market of Poshmark or eBay imo.
I haven’t sold anything yet because there are a ton of rules for posting- and many more pics needed and I’ve been lazy :P
Thank you for explanation, I did know the selling method (besides in person transition), I had joined a couple like 7, 8 whatever years ago, can't remember exact time. I was saying, selling with a middle man like apps / other sites offers are safer.

I understand the high commission, yes, painful to pay that much especially when losing money. It's very much depends on the person I guess, such as I don't dare sell anything expensive without some sort of protection while others would ship thousands dollars bags in plain USPS shipping method, it's just me, I'm too scared of losing haha.