Burberry Trench Coat?

I have two Kensington’s. Same color, one short and one medium length. Purchased in 2015-2016. I wear my stuff very gently, these coats have held up nicely. I overly aggressive spot cleaned a stain and washed out a little of the color in one small area.

Attachments

• 8C18E96E-D583-4C81-B615-00DF072D9D40.jpeg
    8C18E96E-D583-4C81-B615-00DF072D9D40.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 581
  • 75098FFB-5083-4AC2-B861-AE5CE4150360.jpeg
    75098FFB-5083-4AC2-B861-AE5CE4150360.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 578
Hi! I have been thinking about buying a Burberry trench coat for a very long time. I can afford it, but I still think it’s a lot of money for a trench coat. Is it really worth it?

I have read that some people have bad experience, especially after it’s tailored. And after it’s tailored, it’s non-refundable.
Why would you assume you need to tailor it?

Check out at the outlets, I scored one for less than $800, originally for $3500. I saw some reduced from 2k to $500.

PS. NEVER tailor a coat, my opinion it’s never the same.

Yes, that’s what I thought! Never tailor a coat! And I am on the petite side, only 5” tall. Many trench coats look too long/too large on me. Just not flattering.

Unfortunately, there’s no outlet that sells Burberry near me.

I completely disagree with not tailoring a coat. I have a very large chest but am otherwise very small so tailoring is a must for me. I purchased a black trench from Burberry in NYC and of course had to have it tailored, for the above stated reason. The tailor did an impeccable job and I am thrilled with it. I think it is the same as anything; If you want it and can afford it, get it. If you have to stress so much about the purchase, then it probably isn't for you. I don't baby my stuff and only buy things I don't mind having wear and tear. That goes for Chanel bags, Louboutins, etc.

Unfortunately, there’s no outlet that sells Burberry near me.

Not sure where in Canada you are from, but if you are in Toronto, there's a Burberry outlet at the Toronto Premium Outlet in the west end. They have tons of trench coats and they are always running promos on top of the outlet price. Worth checking them out.

I bought a Burberry mens Trenchcoat in 1980. I had just come back from a year working in the Middle East. That was long before they became luxury and trendy goods. I didnt have a good raincoat and I was back in the UK.

It was expensive. The same day I bought a Rolex GMT Master, and from memory the were about the same price.

I still wear my Burberry to the office, with a good brolly. It keeps me dry, and looks magnificent to a pinstripe suit. I consider it to have been a good purchase.

I absolutely love my Burberry trench! I get wear from it three seasons, and it always elevates whatever I’m wearing it with. It looks just as fabulous dressed up or down. It’s warm, waterproof, great for rainy days... it’s a beautiful classic I know I’ll wear and enjoy for many years. No regrets!

Reactions: PineappleMinnie
A9EEF207-2F40-477B-9387-B449147D19F2.jpeg These are my two Burberrys.

The one on the left, the stone coloured one, I bought in 1980, and it is still very wearable.
The one on the right, the more khaki coloured one, was my fathers. I was back in the UK a few years ago, and it was pouring down. My father gave me his Burberry, which I suspect is younger than mine.

Fathers coat is bigger than mine, but goes ok over a suit. I probably wear either of them 10-15 times a year. It doesnt rain a lot in Sydney.

Dry cleaners have managed to chaff the buckles on both. Apparently the Burberry store can replace them..

View attachment 4483662 These are my two Burberrys.

The one on the left, the stone coloured one, I bought in 1980, and it is still very wearable.
The one on the right, the more khaki coloured one, was my fathers. I was back in the UK a few years ago, and it was pouring down. My father gave me his Burberry, which I suspect is younger than mine.

Fathers coat is bigger than mine, but goes ok over a suit. I probably wear either of them 10-15 times a year. It doesnt rain a lot in Sydney.

Dry cleaners have managed to chaff the buckles on both. Apparently the Burberry store can replace them..

May I ask you about the colours?
When I google some pics, stone seem sto be very light (nearly whitish) but could be just the pics. So would you say stone is much lighter than honey?

Not sure where in Canada you are from, but if you are in Toronto, there's a Burberry outlet at the Toronto Premium Outlet in the west end. They have tons of trench coats and they are always running promos on top of the outlet price. Worth checking them out.

Thanks for letting me know! Lived in Toronto before, not anymore though. I ended up purchasing a grey wool coat from Burberry. Love it! Have been wearing it almost everyday now :smile:.

May I ask you about the colours?
When I google some pics, stone seem sto be very light (nearly whitish) but could be just the pics. So would you say stone is much lighter than honey?
is very light, and it’s no longer sold in the Burberry store where I live. I’m not sure why. I have Honey and I find the color goes with everything and looks great in all seasons. I liked the , but the honey looked better on me.