Bumble Surf Spray

Jennn

i want it ALL!
Jan 19, 2006
Does anyone use Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray? It's a spray that's supposed to give you the "beach hair" loook - natural, wavy, and kinda windblown - you know, the way your hair looks after you get out of the salt water and it dries.

Anyway, all I've seen online were RAVE reviews of it. I went to my salon and bought it ($18 for 4 oz. - I was pleasantly surprised, though, since online they said it was between $23-$27), and it looks GREAT while my hair is drying, but later in the day, my hair just kinda looks lumpy. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, or how to really use it. Any tips from anyone who has it?

i have the surf spray and I find it works best on dry hair and you should just use a tiny amount because as the day goes on it seems to get more and more windblown and "beachy."

I have used it and find I can only spray a little on when my hair is wet!
One of my friends can only use it when her hair is dry! A little goes a long way with the surf spray, and I find it very drying, just like being
out in the sun at the beach all day!

jlr27 said:
I wanted the John Frieda, but it's discontinued...

^^No it's not. The old version which was called: "Beach Blonde Ocean Waves sea spray" was discontinued. It smelled like coconut - not good for 365 days of the year.
200.jpg

The new product is called Brilliant Brunette Starlit Waves

665f4457382d595f4e5673754155643377-100x100.jpg

It is a much better product now, with a nice normal smell.

I also have the B&B version - but that one made my hair just dry and crispy - the JF one is much much much better - and 1/3 the price too!!

I've never tried the bumble&bumble, but I sort of make a similar concoction that I use in my hair- water, salt and a little oil. shake, mist, repeat. I dunno, I use it because my hair is curly and salt and oil makes the curls lock.