Bumble Surf Spray

I used to use John Frieda, but it made my hair all crispy as well. I like the look of a day at the beach, but without the smell and feel (and sand!). Currently, I am addicted to Fekkai's Wave Spray, which smells great and leaves my hair soft and wavy. My hair is naturally wavy so I don't know if it will work on making straighter hair wavy, but it holds the waves very well. It's been great to dry my hair almost completely, spray this on, finger comb it through, and walk out the door. It looks amazing!:girlsigh:

beauxgoris said:
^^No it's not. The old version which was called: "Beach Blonde Ocean Waves sea spray" was discontinued. It smelled like coconut - not good for 365 days of the year.
200.jpg

The new product is called Brilliant Brunette Starlit Waves

665f4457382d595f4e5673754155643377-100x100.jpg

It is a much better product now, with a nice normal smell.

I also have the B&B version - but that one made my hair just dry and crispy - the JF one is much much much better - and 1/3 the price too!!

Thanks so much for posting that. I've used the Ocean Waves, the smell was too much. I'll definately go pick up the new and improved version.:yes:

So, are you supposed to brush your hair then put it in and scrunch it, or do you just kinda finger-comb through the knots and put it in? Ah, I'm so clueless :smile:

I am a licensed hairdresser and I found that John Frieda's Ocean Waves was the BEST!! It is too bad that it was discontinued!! I have used the new alternative-Starlit Waves and I was a little disappointed with it. First of all it is only for brunettes(which I am), but it did not have that coconut smell that my boyfriend likes and I found that it did not give that same tousle effect. I will continue to use it because it is the closest thing I am able to find next to Ocean Waves. I did email John Frieda's company asking if they might bring Ocean Waves back. I have used the Bumble and Bumble line before, and I do like it (expesive, and I don't get a discount)! I was going to try the surf spray to see if it compares but reading some replies it seems that many are dissatisfied.