budget of 2000$ for the new year - what would you do?

Well are you looking to get just one bag or more than one? Channel & BV would be great classics to add to your collection but even going used would eat up most if not all your budget. And if you freaked out on buying the LV speedy would you be comfortable spending your whole bag budget on one bag? You could get a used RH city Bbag for $1000-1300 and still have a little money left over for another handbag. Givenchy has some nice leather bags, and usually decent used prices as well still leaving enough for a contemporary bag. Another brand to consider used is prada, prada bags aren't always the most sought after bags but they really have some nice leather bags. Because they aren't considered a "hot" handbag when you look at used ones they go for like half off of retail.

I love the Lady Dior, but it's too tiny for me.
I would get a YSL Muse if I had that kind of money to spend maybe pre-loved. A Bal would be a wise choice also, I think.
You can get a RM MAB for about 1/4 of your budget. I would try to do a big bag (so the Bal City or the YSL) a smaller one and maybe a quality wallet.