budget of 2000$ for the new year - what would you do?

I recommend a pre-loved Lady Dior bag. They sell on Ebay from $1000-$2500 depending on the condition.

The Lady Dior is a classic iconic bag that will be in style forever.

I was looking at the Lady Dior, but I am hesitant about a bag that is strictly handheld. That being said, I was also looking at the Miss Dior flap - beautiful!

For the azur Speedy I think I'd want to buy new, since I've seen so many grubby ones.

I agree with those who said to shop in January when all the holiday stock goes on sale - if you can spend your money all at one time instead of spread over the year?

Or maybe get a new Speedy and then take your time looking for pre-loved items for the rest of the year.

I love Winners but 'they have what they have' so if you go any distance to get to one you might be disappointed with the selection that particular day. There is a new one on Laird Dr. in Toronto that seems to be more 'upscale' than most. Lately they have had quite a lot of MK and RM and I've seen the odd Burberry or Fendi (only one or two) there once in a while.

Actually, the Lady Diors all come with a shoulder strap and are very versatile :graucho:

I agree! They come with single or double straps depending on the look that you want to achieve, but the double strap version is hard to find now.

Here are some pictures:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dior Lady Dior Mise en Dior bluefly.jpg
    Dior Lady Dior Mise en Dior bluefly.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 248
  • Dior Lady Dior black double strap 1.jpg
    Dior Lady Dior black double strap 1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 247
For the azur Speedy I think I'd want to buy new, since I've seen so many grubby ones.

I agree with those who said to shop in January when all the holiday stock goes on sale - if you can spend your money all at one time instead of spread over the year?

Or maybe get a new Speedy and then take your time looking for pre-loved items for the rest of the year.

I love Winners but 'they have what they have' so if you go any distance to get to one you might be disappointed with the selection that particular day. There is a new one on Laird Dr. in Toronto that seems to be more 'upscale' than most. Lately they have had quite a lot of MK and RM and I've seen the odd Burberry or Fendi (only one or two) there once in a while.

This might sound kind of strange, but I have a cat named Miss Tiggy and I can her tiggycat at the time - she is the sweetest, fluffiest cat ever!

Speedy in Azur is one of the two bags I've got, so I'm covered on that front. I find Winners to be really hit or miss, but I haven't been to the new one at all. I'll have to try my luck!

Shopping in January / February is definitely my plan. I've waited this long, I can wait a bit more.

BV. Sorry India but our secret is out and worth evangelizing. I purchased my first BV (yummy vintage purple intrecciato clutch) from a designer consignment shop when my budget was limited. She was the catalyst for my BV collection and still looks new. You can't go wrong with BV craftsmanship and iconic style.

The OP may be safe from a very expensive BV habit. BV's appeal is so tactile, and she's no where near a boutique. I never understood the appeal of BV until I stumbled in a boutique out of boredom on a rainy day and actually handled the bags. Now I'm obsessed with getting one!

The OP may be safe from a very expensive BV habit. BV's appeal is so tactile, and she's no where near a boutique. I never understood the appeal of BV until I stumbled in a boutique out of boredom on a rainy day and actually handled the bags. Now I'm obsessed with getting one!

I'm an absolutely sucker for smooshy leather, but it's true: even the nearest major city (Toronto) doesn't have a stand alone BV boutique (at least, not that I've seen) and Holts doesn't exactly have a very wide selection. I'm really intrigued now, however! I might have to find one just to feel it up. :smile:

Hey ladies! Super long time lurker here, first time poster (in a long while, anyways!). :biggrin:

In a bit of a dilemma! Next year, DH and I are embarking on something like a year of austerity to get all our debts paid off. Doable, totally, but difficult because I'd also planned to come off my 18-month bag ban. This means that anything I buy will come out of my allowance (we each allow ourselves 250$ monthly plus whatever bonuses we get for clothes, hobbies, etc.) and I'm definitely hoping to pick up something lovely!

SO! Here is the question: if you were a collector with a eye for iconic pieces, and you had about $2000 allotted for the year (pre-loved being completely okay!) - what would you get?

Thanks ladies!

I would recommend you to purchase Chanel PST :biggrin: I think it around $2000. What do you think??