Brooch & Pin Discussion Thread - Show & Share :)

OMG, I collect ming’s too.
Partial to the Phoenix design. Jade or not.
Also love the plum.
Do you have a favorite?

Of all my Ming's, my favorite piece is a pair of earrings. Of my Ming's brooches, probably the bird-of-paradise. Of all my brooches, I wear the Cini "Mamo" bird the most.

I'd love to see some of your ming's!

Very nice! Where do you buy your Ming's pieces?

I've gotten them on etsy, ebay, and rubylane. I've also been lucky enough to have some handed down.

I only have 3: all vintage sterling. I haven’t even worn the bar one. But they sure are fun to look at!

These are so cool! Bar one looks like it could be a watermelon tourmaline?

Of all my Ming's, my favorite piece is a pair of earrings. Of my Ming's brooches, probably the bird-of-paradise. Of all my brooches, I wear the Cini "Mamo" bird the most.

I'd love to see some of your ming's!

I've gotten them on etsy, ebay, and rubylane. I've also been lucky enough to have some handed down.

These are so cool! Bar one looks like it could be a watermelon tourmaline?
I wish! The seller described as “rainbow cut glass.”

I am getting into vintage brooches especially Gripoix. This is great thread! we need to revive this. Anyway, what is everyone's recommendation for using brooch in summer? Winter, i can use on scarf, jackets etc...but summer is hard.

Reactions: Cyanide Rose
I am getting into vintage brooches especially Gripoix. This is great thread! we need to revive this. Anyway, what is everyone's recommendation for using brooch in summer? Winter, i can use on scarf, jackets etc...but summer is hard.

Depending on the clasp and how it lays, I'll pin it on a necklace and wear it as a pendant.

I thrifted two lovely parrot fur clips today.

I love parrots and any kind of bird clips. These are fabulous!

• Love
Reactions: Raven3766
Acquisitions!

Sterling silver Ming's hibiscus, a Ming's jade parallelogram with a gold phoenix, and a jade pi with gold frame. The pi had spot for a bail, but no bail. So I added a ring and I wear it like a pendant. Also a plumeria and an ʻIʻiwi - a Hawaiian honeycreeper.

IlO49Vv.jpg

qkGtJ3E.jpg