bringing designer purses to college(dorms)

i had a roommate for two years when i was in college. i brought some of my bags with me but i kept them in their dustbags. i think it really depends on the roommate too i guess. i've heard horror stories on my campus about ppl stealing roommate's credit card and max it out. missing laptops and whatnot. so just be careful.

I agree with the others who think you should scope our your roommate situation first.

My freshman year of college, there were two cases of white collar fraud via a roommate's check/credit cards in my hall alone.

When I was a freshman & lived in the dorm (this was 12 years ago before most kids had designer bags & long before fakes) I brought my Dooney & Bourke (BIG name back then-LOL!!) with me. I usually took it to class (just me-always accompanied by purse) but if I didn't, I usually just slid it under my bed (my bed was against the wall). I never had any problems with it or with anyone stealing anything out of it, but it was a different time then. Good luck in school-I do agree with the other posters who suggest not bringing your whole collection. The one you are carrying currrently plus maybe one more should be sufficient. If you go home for fall break, you can always switch them out then.