"Brief" Disappointment (and a new Money)

You're little, it's big, but it looks really good on you. You don't at all look like the equivalent of NR with a WE. I'm open to the look of big bags and my eye is trained to accept them. It took some practice. Look at yourself wearing it some more, but if you end up feeling really uncomfortable, then get something smaller. Nice bag!

I've been thinking about the Brief as well but I am short, too, and that's what's been holding me back. Your Brief has AMAZING leather and I love the wallet!:tup:

Shape wise it looks very cute on you! However as an everyday bag I feel that it is a bit too big on your frame. It could be a great university bag though! lots of papers books etc... Also as someone else posted earlier great for shopping excursions. If you bought it intending to wear it every day I think you should still try to use it a few days and see if its practicality wins over the way it looks on you. For example lately I think that the city looks better than the purse on me, yet I still use the purse a bit more because it's more practical for my life right now.
Also congrats on the money wallet, and good luck with your university papers!

I think it does look big on you. However, all I am looking at is one picture- it's entirely different IRL. Trust your own gut and try not to listen to what we all say :P

How do you stay so tiny, by the way????

i'm also 4 feet 11 95 lbs, and toyed around buying a brief as well. but my only problem with it is- i like carrying bags on my shoulder, and the city, work and hobo styles allow me to do so- i know the brief also allows you to do this as well, but for some reason, it doesn't look good on the shoulder, it's a bag that looks better carried in the crook of your arm or in the hand rather than on the shoulder. that was the only reason for me that i didn't get one. but it looks great on you, i think you can pull it off.

You look nice with your black brief! :tup: It's not too much at all and gives you a great character IMO!

I just got my Sandstone brief and only carried it a few days. I love it sooooooooo much! I'm a 5'5", it looks big on me and even bigger than what I first expected from seeing PFer's modeling picture. Anyway, it's a great style which is versatile (so far) and make a statement :biggrin:

i'd seen another girl probably same frame as you, on the streets carrying a brief too and i sorta feel the bag wears you. If you feel its dwarfing you, maybe change it for something else?

but i agree that if you love it, then live long & prosper!! :yes:

Lol, I appreciate the input, everyone! It seems that you are all about as torn as I am. ;) I bought the bag from an individual, not a store so returns or exchanges are out of the question and I'm still leery of selling bags on eBay, so for now the plan is to take it out a few times and if I don't like it as an everyday bag, to use it as the lovely danae suggested and take it to school with me. I know it will be a great carry-on bag or for days when I have a lot to take with me somewhere. I'm just still undecided on the daily-basis status of it.

Even if it ends up as a school bag, I can relish the glamour and decadence of carrying two Bbags at once!

Fortunately, as you all can see, I am in NO WAY lacking in Bbags to carry. :rolleyes:

Again, a huge thank-you to everyone who has posted their opinions. I really value everything that you have to say and appreciate the time you're taking to help me out on this! I still say the Bal Forum girls/guys are the best. :heart:

I was expecting to see ALL BAG and NO GIRL in the photos but I was pleasantly surprised to see how well your cute petite self was able to pull off the Brief! You ROCK IT! I'm 5'2" and 102 lbs and although it took a looong time for my eyes to get used the Brief's size, I'm over it now and really love its shape/look.

So my advice is, give it some time before you decide whether to return it. After a few weeks, if you are not 100% happy with it, send that baby back!

I think the whole BRIEF/ trapezoid shape is not for me. But in terms of size, small girls wear big bags all the time, so you're not alone, and no, you don't look weird.

In terms of big sized Balenciaga bags, I prefer the weekender or PT. They may be big, but really versatile and great for travelling too. The small neck on the Brief just kills me.