** Brandi's "Shoes as Art" thread **

auroraskye

Sep 13, 2008
:biggrin:

I don't have any super fabulous branded shoes yet (Louboutins, YSL, etc) but I am moving my way up the shoe food chain, if you will.. That being said, I DO think I have some pretty sweet shoes thus far. I think I have around 70ish pair of heels, I forget exactly how many. Plus, boots and a few random pair of flats I never wear because I hate how my feet look in them.

But what I especially love to do.. is take pictures of my shoes. I'm a photographer, so it makes sense in my little world. I thought I'd start a thread to show you some of my 'shoes as art' that I've done. I haven't done it in a while, so I need to get on and try and do one a week.. Maybe two a week.

Also a friend of mine is going to come over and assist in doing modeling pictures for all my shoes. There are a lot of them, so we're probably going to break it up into sections, lol.

Enough chatter. Let's see some pictures!

We will start with my favorite shoes ever. I don't think they will ever stop being my favorite shoes, even if I get more expensive shoes, because they are basically my personality - in shoe form.

I actually found these on Ebay brand new for about 30 bucks, a considerable time after they were no longer being sold by IC. I was squeeing like a maniac when I won them. Haha!

tpfshoe1.jpg

tpfshoe2.jpg

tpfshoe3.jpg

tpfshoe4.jpg

tpfshoe5.jpg

tpfshoe6.jpg

I'll post more in just a little bit.. I have a few sets of artsy shoe shots stored up, lol!

Last edited:
mm okay I figured it out - I will have to upload pictures to one of the sanctioned sites.. and come back to edit. Bummer.

okay, they're live. Of course the image quality is reduced, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Okay one more set for now.. then I better get back to actual work lol.

Rampage pointy toed pink plaid shoes.. say that five times fast. I love these shoes and they're actually super comfy. Bought at DSW for 35ish or so?

tpfshoe13.jpg

tpfshoe14.jpg

tpfshoe15.jpg

tpfshoe16.jpg

tpfshoe17.jpg

I do have some that I took at a park, instead of around my house. Haha.. the looks I got there.. ;) I'll post those later tonight!

Love Love Love :heart: your IC shoes! The first pair of heels I ever owned that I could not pass up were IC - I saw them in a store and had to have them! Photos are all beautiful as well.:smile:

Anne - Thanks, and BTW I am stalking your blog.. I have a list of places to check out thanks to you.. I look forward to more!

Nico, yes I love tons of IC shoes, too bad I can't buy as many as I'd like.. but I love their quirkiness.

Okay.. I did some work.. I promise.. another set here:

Mootsies Tootsies red satin peep toe shoes with pleating and bow on the vamp. Also super comfy, I have had these probably four years or so? Bought them at Kohls..

tpfshoe18.jpg

tpfshoe19.jpg

tpfshoe20.jpg

tpfshoe21.jpg

tpfshoe22.jpg

tpfshoe23.jpg

:biggrin: I have a few more sets already done and I need to photograph some of my baddies, these heels are all pretty demure.. Don't want you think I'm that tame :P Har har.

This was the first pair I started playing with, with the photos. I did them in a bit of a different way. Sorry about the ugly fence, lol, it's functional for now so it's not a priority.

Steve Madden .. style is "Hotty" which I only remember because I am amused by it. Purple suede peep toe mary janes. I had wanted some purple peep toe mary janes for a while and found these on clearance at DSW sometime last summer (which is when I took these pictures).

tpfshoe24.jpg

tpfshoe25.jpg

tpfshoe26.jpg

tpfshoe27.jpg

tpfshoe28.jpg

tpfshoe29.jpg

Some more from tonight:

Brand is "CL by Laundry" and I bought them at DSW last year.

tpfshoe30.jpg

tpfshoe31.jpg

tpfshoe32.jpg

tpfshoe33.jpg

tpfshoe34.jpg

tpfshoe35.jpg

Next time I will go somewhere more interesting and take pictures - just haven't had time! :smile:

Last edited: