Box shortage ?!

The same thing happened to me just now when I made a purchase from 21s. My SA said she is keeping track and will send one when supply comes in.

I really don’t think Chanel is trying to cut costs. We’re in a pandemic manufacturing is down across all industries. We are getting custom draperies for our home and it’s the same issue there, warehouses where the production happens are either closed or operating at limited capacity resulting in much less supply of the actual product and long wait times for customers.

I couldn’t care less about the box. Mine all get recycled or used for storage anyways. It’s a box and I don’t resell anything. I buy bags for me and to keep forever. If this deters resellers than maybe they should continue not offering boxes ha! If it really bothers you that much (I don’t understand why it would unless you’re worried about reselling), then just don’t buy a bag from Chanel. No one is forcing you.

I disagree with you here. Just cause you want a box and all the packaging hoo ha doesn't mean you're thinking of the resell value. I personally don't shop from boutiques that sell designer (Farfetch, *******, NM, etc) cause for me designer shopping entails the entire experience. From the way things are nicely packages to the cute ribbons and hanging trinkets, that's what sets designers apart from other shopping experiences. Another thing, I travel 8-10 times a year between three countries. I don't just put my bags in suitcases, I keep them in their respective boxes. I also use those boxes to store the bags while I'm away from my closet room. While I sympathize with the fact that we're in a pandemic and production issues have caused a momentary stall in the way things are being presented to us, I fully do expect for my missing boxes to be sent because when I spend thousands on something, I expect to eventually be given the full experience. Of course, I'm not going to miss out on a collection just because they don't have their packaging but I also expect for it to be fixed once they have the chance and send it to me.

I'm confused about this box shortage. I thought factory fresh merchandise was shipped in the vendor box which would be the Chanel black box. I know the store adds the Camilla and ribbons. I have had to tell several Sa that I want my shopping bag and all wrappings when my items are shipped. At this point I would have thought production would have been caught up by now for boxes. I have been hearing these complaints since December 2020. If lysol, alcohol and tp are sitting on the shelves I don't understand this one.

Typically, bags are usually shipped in smaller cardboard boxes or whatnot, that are padded and wrapped. The branded label boxes are usually also shipped flat and then assembled and propped up once they arrive in store, as it’s cost effective and easier to ship a stack of flat boxes and bags separately.

Reactions: nashpoo
Hello everyone, I purchased a jumbo from the Houston boutique on March 5th. And I got a box. I think we have boxes now.
I purchased a jumbo last week from the same boutique (Houston Galleria??) but did not receive a box. I’ve been shopping with the same SA for years now, so can’t imagine why he would tell me none were in stock :crybaby:

I bought a mini flap this week and it arrived in a box all wrapped but no camellia. But this is my first mini so not sure if this is the regular mini box. It’s a smaller version of the regular classic flap magnetic box