Boutiques NOT getting Carter Jr!! Why?????

^hmmm, guess Amber made a mistake??? she said they have the carter jr.....i tried it on over the weekend...must have been a different bag :sad: hmmm. that is very strange...

like I said, when I first called Lisa (in LV) said that yes they had it and she went & got it --- she had to look up the numbers to make sure which bag it was -- she really thought that was the carter jr.

^guess Amber thought it was too!! Just tried it on Friday night! she fooled me :confused1: whatever I tried on was gorgeous anyway!1 hope you can find what you are looking for..!! Elux is a great way to shop...NO TAX!! woo hoo

^guess Amber thought it was too!! Just tried it on Friday night! she fooled me :confused1: whatever I tried on was gorgeous anyway!1 hope you can find what you are looking for..!! Elux is a great way to shop...NO TAX!! woo hoo

yea, I know I thought about that (altho when I order from the boutiques, there's no tax either because we don't have a collection store here yet)

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that the Sunburst BB comes out in the light blue, and if not, I"ll probably wind up getting a carter jr in the Charcoal from either eLux or Saks -- I just might wait for markdowns tho -- I'd hate to pay full price for it, then see it for 30% off a few months from now!

(I wonder if any of the stores/online sites might have any "labor day" sales coming up????)

i can't get a grip on this season and what they're doing. why wouldn't the boutiques get their own bags?! it makes no sense. aren't they supposed to have everything? at least it's available elsewhere. just be careful waiting for it to go on sale. i know you really want it, so i don't want them to get snapped up the minute they're marked down. it seems like it's going to be one of the first styles to sell out if it ever makes it to sale time.

i can't get a grip on this season and what they're doing. why wouldn't the boutiques get their own bags?! it makes no sense. aren't they supposed to have everything? at least it's available elsewhere. just be careful waiting for it to go on sale. i know you really want it, so i don't want them to get snapped up the minute they're marked down. it seems like it's going to be one of the first styles to sell out if it ever makes it to sale time.

I know -- that's what's really beating me up. I really was hoping to buy it within the next few weeks -- I actually returned my Downtown with the hopes that by next payday, they'd have it in the light blue (or maybe the BB) -- I mean, I was going to get it from the boutique, so I could pay full price, it's just that I know I will be REALLY mad if it goes on sale.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the BB will come in the light blue -- if not, than it will definitely be the Charcoal Carter Jr.

aw, hon, i'm sorry! :sad:
i'd probably still order it from eLux and then if the boutique DOES get the one you want, return the other one to eLux. you have 60 days...i hope that works for you! :heart:

aw, hon, i'm sorry! :sad:
i'd probably still order it from eLux and then if the boutique DOES get the one you want, return the other one to eLux. you have 60 days...i hope that works for you! :heart:

I haven't bought anything from eLux in a long time -- it's good to know their return policy is 60 days tho -- thanks!

I know -- that's what's really beating me up. I really was hoping to buy it within the next few weeks -- I actually returned my Downtown with the hopes that by next payday, they'd have it in the light blue (or maybe the BB) -- I mean, I was going to get it from the boutique, so I could pay full price, it's just that I know I will be REALLY mad if it goes on sale.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the BB will come in the light blue -- if not, than it will definitely be the Charcoal Carter Jr.

i think it will be. your patience will be rewarded (do i sound like yoda or confucius?). magazines photograph their spreads months ahead of time, but it will be really really LAME if after having an entire page devoted to the pale blue sunburst bb, the mj folks over at headquarters said, "nah, let's not make it. we have so much already." :rolleyes:

here's an idea: since mj has been known to sell samples to their customers, and we all know it definitely exists, an sa can acquire it and sell it to you even if it wasn't produced. not only will you have your dream bag, but it will be one of a kind! as a last ditch effort, i would try to work with an sa who will be willing to do that for you. i just really want you to get it! but i hope you won't have to go through all that trouble.

i think it will be. your patience will be rewarded (do i sound like yoda or confucius?). magazines photograph their spreads months ahead of time, but it will be really really LAME if after having an entire page devoted to the pale blue sunburst bb, the mj folks over at headquarters said, "nah, let's not make it. we have so much already." :rolleyes:

here's an idea: since mj has been known to sell samples to their customers, and we all know it definitely exists, an sa can acquire it and sell it to you even if it wasn't produced. not only will you have your dream bag, but it will be one of a kind! as a last ditch effort, i would try to work with an sa who will be willing to do that for you. i just really want you to get it! but i hope you won't have to go through all that trouble.

thanks tadpole!! That would be great -- if it came down to that -- but I would have to wonder if there's anyone more "influential" than me who wants that! with my luck -- cameron diaz or sofia coppola will want it and ask for it before me!!:P

^ well, here's the way i see it. fashion companies want celebs to be seen with their bags to convince us peons to buy it, so they'll give it away for free. if they're not producing it, the pr won't be necessary. plus, the fact that you'll actually be paying them for it might be incentive enough not to give it away even if the highest paid actress in the world or mj's muse/best friend wants it. ;)