Bought something, then came home to PCE card!

Wow. I'm pretty surprised... Since it seems to be such a big deal to some people, I figured I should let you guys know that I ended up returning the bracelet for a thinner sig one because of how heavy it is.

It was just an honest question, guys. I was surprised to learn that certain items don't qualify for the discount and because I was seasonal, there were MANY policy related things that I was never told. I posted the question here because the store was already closed. I did call the next day and a very nice manager told me some things that my store should have when I was hired.

Also, being seasonal, I didn't sign anything, or even get a packet from the company with any information. So while I was underinformed, I am not "shady and cheap"

I'm so glad it worked out for you! I don't know you personally so I would never assume you were "shady and cheap". So I am really sorry if you felt attacked. There are so many people who use their employee discounts and then resell at a higher price or return it to a store for full price. I know you weren't doing it, but unfortunately it happens.

haha there were too many things I wanted for myself to want to use my discount unethically!

I do know that no one here knows me personally, so thats why I felt I should post again and explain things. Don't want to develop a reputation for being a bad person. I worked retail for a lot of years so I would never knowingly do anything against policy.

But it is sad how many people DO abuse the discount. A lot of companies have been cutting back on discount allotments for this reason. A store I used to work at years ago you got 30% off anything- now you only get 6 items per month because they caught so many people selling on ebay.