Bought My Black Jumbo Classic Flap, Malaysia RM 9480

After having 4 kids, I lost count. I actually have 2 Tod's, one T-bag, one Besonville. The Besonville hasn't seen the daylight:shrugs:

It was strange that others crave for food when they r pregnant, but I craved for designer bags, and I can't even EAT them!

I am more of a classic, old fashion person, so just hv to have a CHANEL. I actually asked for advice earlier on tPF between med/L or jumbo and finally decided on Jumbo cos the medium is super cute and classy for day to evening, but just not practical for my purpose.

Congrats....i'm glad that u got her before the price increase.....any pics to show??

I jus did a currency converter and it's like SGD4090+

Wow...that's really soooo expensive and i guess i have to be on purse ban soon and no new purchases from the new Pre-fall & fall collection.....so sad!!

Bagalogist,
Great to know you have made the purchase despite the near 10K figure. I'm still in a dilemma whether or not to part with RM8450 for medium caviar flap, it's really too extravagant for me but for the love of Chanel, I really don't know..... But the boutique in KL does not have black caviar medium flap with silver HW which is my preference. And with 1st of May coming soon and the thought of the price increase, what to do? But there are news in the blog that said prices for classic flaps will not increase but when I called up just now, the SA told me it's confirmed of price increase especially the classic ones.

Black Caviar Jumbo is selling at S$4430 in Spore, in other words it's still slightly cheaper after u convert RM$9480 to S$4090.

I've checked with my SA, there is definitely price increase for the all classic flaps, the JUMBO is RM 400 increase. I was told that the price increase is normally between 5% to 10%

They do not have any classic flap in silver hardware at the moment.

Will try to post some pics later. There was a break in in our office, all the flat screen LCDs were stolen,:cursing: and my husband took my LCD screen to the office for the time being. He is going to upgrade mine to bigger screen.

What a dramatic weekend!

Black Caviar Jumbo classic for Malaysia RM 9480 is about US $2962, definitely more expensive than in US or other major parts of the world.

THen yesterday I met an Western Australian who flew in 4 times a yr to get her Chanel retail therapy in KL, and she bought a few without even blinking.

Dato Zeti, the governor of Bank Negara Malaysia, came in to fix her Reissue's metal chain strap.

Bagalogist,
Did the SA mention how much will be the price increase for medium flaps?
Also, can anyone advise whether the E/W has more space than the medium flaps since there is another extra flap in the medium/large flaps

Today I called my SA to try to find out the price increase for medium flap but she couldn't locate the list. Hmmm............

Roughly about 5% she said, so about RM400. Just Last november the price increase for my Caviar Jumbo was 10%, ~RM1000, used to be just RM$8K + less than 6 mths ago.

I m eyeing on a Cartier Marcello next, then a medium flap, but first hv to check if money tree is growing fast enough:lol:

good to hear from y'all! i'm from kl as well where every designer things are crazy expensive. after comparing prices from all over the world, i feel kinda *cheated* to buy locally. I know having people like me is bad for our country's economy.. but, ohhh well.... anyways, congrats, bagalogist! it's definitely a good choice..wear it well :tup:

Bekkinia: have you tried purchasing from abroad? im pretty sure its cheaper than rm8450.. you'd probably end up saving a few grands.. just an idea..

anyways, have a nice day people!!

No chance to purchase from abroad coz not travelling anywhere for time being, kids still small and besides, can't get anyone to get it for me from abroad coz no one I know will ever understand why I need to spend so much on a bag and therefore, I just couldn't get anyone to do that for me.
So, to save a few grands would be ideal but it's not going to happen, well, not for now. Husband travels all over the world but he will never understand why I should spend so much for a bag and if he knows the price of the bag, I'm sure he'll be really upset eventhough I earn and spend my own money.
The only way is to purchase it myself and I know he will not bother to find out the price coz he's not into designer stuff, he'll just think it is expensive but hopefully not know it is worth a downpayment for a car.