Bought from an international seller. Am I being scammed, or just being impatient?

Yes, if the seller does not respond Paypal will refund you. Paypal will probably direct you to return the ring to the seller. Once the tracking shows the item has been returned, you will get your refund.

This has been a triple whammy for the seller: (1) slow shipping (not her fault); (2) poor communication ('tis the season but not a lot of sympathy for this) and (3) sounds like she mixed up a couple of her sales (this can happen even to good sellers). But after three for three, I understand why you are steamed.[/QUOTE]

Yes. If I would have at least got what I purchased, I would have gotten passed the slow shipping (it is the holidays, and there seems to be a lot of problems on this forum with slow shipping) and the lack of communication (hey, some sellers aren't good at customer service!) But I got the package-- thought it was a little weird that it was in a small envelope rather than a large box, but you never know, right? I was so disappointed when there is a small box with a ring inside. :sad:

do file for "item as not described" as no shoe polish has adviced you and when PP or ebay tells you to ship the ring back to the seller ship it with tracking,insurance and delivery confirmation. it might be expensive but you don't want to give the seller the chance to claim they never receive it and loose your claim.

Ouch. How annoying. I just had exactly the same thing happen to me 48 hours ago. So I contacted the seller and said that I got the wrong thing (told them which auction numbers were mixed up) and it has worked out absolutely fine (language barrier there too). Noeshoepolish suggested that perhaps your seller sold a ring at the same time. Sure you can file with eBay - good idea. Take a deep breath and deal with it professionally and all will be OK in the long run. Maybe the seller is giving you the run around. Maybe somewhere there is someone who was really wanting to get their ring!!! If you look on goofbay's search seller and view recent sales history you can probably find the ring.

Do all the emails inside eBay because it's important to keep a clear record of all parts of the process and second, they will automatically go through the language translating software. Hope it works out well for you.

Wow, I am so sorry OP! I was hoping for a happy end (bag just showing up even with no communication from seller)

Call eBay, explain, and I am sure they will just refund you after you sent it back!
GL!!

Well what a crappy outcome.
File your Item Not as Described and get the ball rolling.
Sorry this happened. I'm upset for you. Unbelievable.

I had a feeling from the get go that this seller did not have good intentions. The way they avoided answering any of your questions about shipping lead me to believe they had something to hide. They probably realized that they needed to send you something in order to prove delivery so they sent you a (most likely) cheap ring.

I'm so sorry. I'd file ASAP. Even in the off chance that this was a mistake (although I think it's pretty doubtful at this point) the seller just doesn't get anymore chances. They have not only been slow to ship, bad at communication but now they've sent you the wrong item. Three strikes my friend...

OP-

1) What does the ring look like? Is it real jewelry that maybe they were selling or is it a piece of junk?

2)What did the packaging look like? Was it in a really small box or envelope that one would send a ring in or did they disguise it in a large box? Save all packaging! This will help prove your case if there was intentional wrong doing..

3) What type & style bag did you buy and were you expecting to receive?

Yes, the ring is a very cheap P.O.S.
It was in a small box in an envelope. Which was weird-- I knew somethign was right but I had a little bit of hope that the seller was just an idiot and treid squeezing the purse in the envelope.

Anyways, I filed the dispute with paypal on the 31st, and left 2 messages for the seller through the resolution center. STILL no response! Do I wait for the dispute to close, and paypal will reimburse me, or do I escalate it to a claim?? I don't care about the bag, but now I just want my money back to put it towards a bag I am saving up to buy IN THE STORE.