Bought from an international seller. Am I being scammed, or just being impatient?

I would wait another week.

As to the seller's lack of communication, IMO there's no excuse. There are online translators and forums where one can get full messages translated. Plus, the seller could ask anyone to help him/her reply to an email. In any case, if the language barrier is so severe that the seller cannot communicate with the buyers, then that seller shouldn't be doing international transactions.

Well, they do have one negative for an item not received... And it happened like right after I pulled the trigger and went with the transaction. I'm all, "oohh great!" But I didn't have any gut-wrenching bad feelings when I purchased, which is a good sign. My gut feelings are almost never wrong. Just seeing that negative, and no communication worried me. But maybe that buyer just didn't give them enough time? We'll see if my package comes today!!

Crisis- HALFWAY averted! I just checked paypal, and noticed that there is a notification of "shipped." I assume that a tracking number will soon follow :smile:

edit: just checked my e-mail, and a tracking number was added!

another edit: just went to EMS website, and it shows that there is no information for that tracking! Could it be that the details go away when the package leaves the country? Or maybe a typo in the tracking number??

Last edited:
I don't know what to do about that tracking number, but if this helps, I ordered an item on Ebay from the UK on Nov 22nd, and it arrived this past Tuesday, took exactly a month so things are really slow.

I ordered something from China for my mom before... it was something for her iPhone. It took like 25-28 days. And, I live in Thailand. We're both in Asia and it took that long. I would just wait.

what makes you think it's fake? tracking isn't reliable either as things sometimes don't get scanned, especially during this season. Maybe you can try emailing the seller again asking for the track number.

I don't like this situation. I agree with Karm, no excuse for lack of communication. In my opinion, people shouldn't sell to countries in which they cannot speak the language. I wouldn't sell to countries if I wasn't confident that I could have a proper conversation with the buyer. You NEED to communicate in order to do a transaction... especially as tricky as an international transaction.

I think too much time has passed and the tracking should at least be working by now. I hope you paid via CC, sorry if I missed that somewhere.

What does it show when you enter in the tracking number?

Whenever I enter the tracking number into EMS (and I entered it in USPS, in case the tracking stopped on EMS once it left the country) and it says that there is no record of the item. That's why I suspect that it is fake. If things are taking long, that's fine. I at least want to know where my package is. :sad: I am thinking that it MUST be stuck in customs (if the seller did in fact, ship my item). If there were any problems, surely I'd get a letter from them by now?? So what's it doing, just chilling there?? ha

How long do I have to file an INR claim with PayPal?

Whenever I enter the tracking number into EMS (and I entered it in USPS, in case the tracking stopped on EMS once it left the country) and it says that there is no record of the item. That's why I suspect that it is fake. If things are taking long, that's fine. I at least want to know where my package is. :sad: I am thinking that it MUST be stuck in customs (if the seller did in fact, ship my item). If there were any problems, surely I'd get a letter from them by now?? So what's it doing, just chilling there?? ha

How long do I have to file an INR claim with PayPal?

Are you certain that the seller used EMS to ship? I don't know what shipping options are available from China to the US but it is possible she chose a shipping option that doesn't come with tracking. Maybe she wasn't quite sure what you were looking for when you asked for a tracking number. I'm just throwing out some possibilities.

You have 45 days from the date of payment to file an INR so I would wait. There is no risk to you to give it a bit more time. I would give it at least four weeks - you will still have plenty of time to file the INR after that.

On shipments like this, I usually give the seller the max amount of time. (I've filed on the 44th day and been able to close it because the item arrived a few days later :biggrin:)