Bought a less than perfect bag from the store. What should I do?

Blushingnude

Apr 11, 2015
I bought a Lindy today and when I brought it home, I noticed some of the shrink wrap was missing on parts of the hardware (especially the feet) and there's scratches on the hardware (main clasp and feets) and some deep scratches I can feel with my finger (not on the main clasp).
I do not think its worn as the corners and inside are clean. It may have been a display. What would you do?

There is no question; if you are not satisfied - take it back!
Be polite, courteous, understanding and do all the things to keep 'right' on your side - but be firm and get the outcome you want.
Hermes is the uber premium leather goods brand; it charges uber premium prices; the margins are such that we all have the right for our purchases to be perfect and not feel the need to check for flaws.

Reactions: Hermesanity
I bought a bag at Heathrow (not a proper Hermes boutique) and I thought I noticed a mar on the leather. The manager called their manager and I was given a 10% discount. LVMH owns the duty-frees, I believe. I returned an Evelyne when the strap grew as I was wearing it. Store manager was mortified and rippped if from me and gave me a store credit. I bought a Birkin.
Speak up for your own self, Blushingnude!!

Reactions: perlerare
This will occur more and more often. Since people have been allowed to return a bag to Hermes, you never know if the bag you are buying is really brand new, just out of the production line ( I have weighted my words here) .
So make sure its new, BEFORE paying for it.[/Q
This will occur more and more often. Since people have been allowed to return a bag to Hermes, you never know if the bag you are buying is really brand new, just out of the production line ( I have weighted my words here) .
So make sure its new, BEFORE paying for it.
I've learned my lesson for sure!