Bought a less than perfect bag from the store. What should I do?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought a Lindy today and when I brought it home, I noticed some of the shrink wrap was missing on parts of the hardware (especially the feet) and there's scratches on the hardware (main clasp and feets) and some deep scratches I can feel with my finger (not on the main clasp).
    I do not think its worn as the corners and inside are clean. It may have been a display. What would you do?

2. If you love the specs on this bag I would just keep it.

3. If you are not happy with your purchase maybe talk to your SA and find you a perfect replacement? She/he would understand :smile:

PJW5813 likes this.
  4. Very tacky here
    Only solution is speak to your store and clear your doubts

PJW5813 likes this.
  5. I think you're right. I can't stop thinking about it b/c I know deep in my heart I'm not happy about it. Back to the store I shall go~

6. It's a Lindy, not so hard to replace. Ask the store for a fresh new unscratched one :hugs:

**Chanel** likes this.
  7. If it really bothers you, talk to the SA. He/she would understand. And like QF said, it is a Lindy, so they should find a replacement for you ;).

8. The bag should be perfect. I'd be on the phone talking to your SA & requesting a replacement...

PJW5813 likes this.
  9. Take it back.

PJW5813 likes this.
  10. There is no question; if you are not satisfied - take it back!
    Be polite, courteous, understanding and do all the things to keep 'right' on your side - but be firm and get the outcome you want.
    Hermes is the uber premium leather goods brand; it charges uber premium prices; the margins are such that we all have the right for our purchases to be perfect and not feel the need to check for flaws.

Hermesanity likes this.
  11. This will occur more and more often. Since people have been allowed to return a bag to Hermes, you never know if the bag you are buying is really brand new, just out of the production line ( I have weighted my words here) .
    So make sure its new, BEFORE paying for it.

12. I bought a bag at Heathrow (not a proper Hermes boutique) and I thought I noticed a mar on the leather. The manager called their manager and I was given a 10% discount. LVMH owns the duty-frees, I believe. I returned an Evelyne when the strap grew as I was wearing it. Store manager was mortified and rippped if from me and gave me a store credit. I bought a Birkin.
    Speak up for your own self, Blushingnude!!

perlerare likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice