Bought a fake from posh…

Oct 26, 2010
I am freaking out.. I bought a PM east west from Poshmark in September. It was authenticated from them of course, therefore I thought everything was legit. Someone from posh wrote to me this morning saying that the seller I had bought from was selling another very similar almost new PM.. she was looking for comments from previous sales when she saw I had bought from that seller. She wrote askijg if I had had the bag authenticated .. I had a tiny panicking attack, calmed down and had pro authenticactors see the pics of my bag. It came back as fake!!!! I am freaking out! I called PayPal, they said they would start a claim.. I better be allowed to send this bag back for a full refund!! How can they have authentified the bag as legit when it was fake!!! Has this happened to anyone here?

I am freaking out.. I bought a PM east west from Poshmark in September. It was authenticated from them of course, therefore I thought everything was legit. Someone from posh wrote to me this morning saying that the seller I had bought from was selling another very similar almost new PM.. she was looking for comments from previous sales when she saw I had bought from that seller. She wrote askijg if I had had the bag authenticated .. I had a tiny panicking attack, calmed down and had pro authenticactors see the pics of my bag. It came back as fake!!!! I am freaking out! I called PayPal, they said they would start a claim.. I better be allowed to send this bag back for a full refund!! How can they have authentified the bag as legit when it was fake!!! Has this happened to anyone here?
It should be ok! Sorry for the stress. This happened to me with another brand. I sent an message to poshmark customer service under the item in my purchase history and selected that there was a problem from the drop down menu. I stated that the bag was found to be counterfeit by a professional authentication service. They ask for a photo and so I added a screenshot of the photo showing it was determined to be counterfeit. I also sent them a separate message with the same information through their general customer service request that I found on the app. It took a few days for them to respond, but they said they would look into it, and the next day they sent me a return shipping label and when the bag was delivered, they sent full refund. I think they had me ship it back to the seller, but the return address on the lable was poshmark headquarters, so even if the seller refuses a delivery, the bag will end up with poshmark and they will refund you then.
However, since you already filed a claim with PayPal, you may have to get the refund from PayPal instead of from Poshmark, I think that’s the way that Ebay operates (once you open a PayPal claim, eBay will not let you open a concurrent return claim through them), so Poshmark may be the same.

Here’s the answer from Posh!
I have already had a third party evaluate and state the bag as being fake !
:sad:

Our team and Louis Vuitton brand experts have confirmed this item to be authentic. We stand behind our verification process and believe the error rate is extremely low. However, we want to know if the item is indeed authentic in the interest of our service’s integrity. If you believe our analysis is incorrect, we welcome you to have the item authenticated by a trusted 3rd party authentication service. Real Authentication (http://realauthentication.com/) or ****************** (http://*****************.com/).

Please note that any costs incurred by doing so will be at your own risk. If one of these verified authenticators confirms this item to be inauthentic, we will re-evaluate your claim.

Here’s the answer from Posh!
I have already had a third party evaluate and state the bag as being fake !
:sad:

Our team and Louis Vuitton brand experts have confirmed this item to be authentic. We stand behind our verification process and believe the error rate is extremely low. However, we want to know if the item is indeed authentic in the interest of our service’s integrity. If you believe our analysis is incorrect, we welcome you to have the item authenticated by a trusted 3rd party authentication service. Real Authentication (http://realauthentication.com/) or ****************** (http://*****************.com/).

Please note that any costs incurred by doing so will be at your own risk. If one of these verified authenticators confirms this item to be inauthentic, we will re-evaluate your claim.
Can you show us the bag? I know we are not allowed to say yes or know, but I am so curious how obvious it is.

Can you show us the bag? I know we are not allowed to say yes or know, but I am so curious how obvious it is.

Attachments

• IMG_5649.jpeg
    IMG_5649.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5650.jpeg
    IMG_5650.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5651.jpeg
    IMG_5651.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5652.jpeg
    IMG_5652.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5653.jpeg
    IMG_5653.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5654.jpeg
    IMG_5654.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5655.jpeg
    IMG_5655.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5713.jpeg
    IMG_5713.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 98
I’ve had 2 authentications done- first said fake- second said real… what do I do now?? This is getting more complicated by the day…
Ugh! I am so sorry you are going through this. Authenticators can wrongly state pieces are inauthenticate tbh. Did you use authenticators that are reputable for LV? I'd seek a third opinion and maybe even see if someone has this exact bag on this forum for you to compare images yourself if this is allowed by TPF rules?

I’ve had 2 authentications done- first said fake- second said real… what do I do now?? This is getting more complicated by the day…
I would suggest to pursue your claim with PayPal based upon your initial evaluation and see if it works. Also, depending on how you paid fo the bag, your credit card might have purchase protection coverage as well. If you win your PP claim, Posh might close your account - so be aware if you are a seller there.
I am not LV expert by any means, but there are so many fake LV bags out there, so it is risky to buy them second hand.

Ugh! I am so sorry you are going through this. Authenticators can wrongly state pieces are inauthenticate tbh. Did you use authenticators that are reputable for LV? I'd seek a third opinion and maybe even see if someone has this exact bag on this forum for you to compare images yourself if this is allowed by TPF rules?
I used pro authenticators and real authentication..