Bottega Veneta Marie Bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. very NOT BV
    very NOT me
    very sad :sad:

2. I like the smooth over the suede or padded one. I don’t like the hardware though.

3. Reminds me of the kind of bags I didn't like in the '90s ( Gucci included). What I do like is it makes me like the BVs I have so much more.

4. #19 Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    It’s a nice enough bag. Clean, understated. It’s just not the BV I’ve known. There’s a stuffiness to it that BV bags tended not to have.

And for those that might take offense to the term ‘stuffiness.’ I do apologize. I get and appreciate the aesthetic—it’s just doesn’t exemplify what I thought the brand is about (IMO). In fact, if someone said that’s a new Hermès design, I’d totally get it. In fact, it does seem to align to a more Hermès style and Hermès does structured bags really well.

5. Gosh, I laughed at this! :lol:

For me... it's gonna be a hard pass.

Bagcoolie, jbags07 and ksuromax like this.
  6. Big no for me. Bleck!

7. If anyone is interested, there’s already one in Bordeaux Nappa on eBay. $2950 USD. A savings of $800 from the boutique/website price. :flowers:

8. I think if the young, glam, model-proportioned peeps pictured here are struggling to make it look good - there isn’t much hope for the rest of us :biggrin:
    And I have a particular dislike for this new chocolate bar padding thing he’s doing to the bags :yucky:

couturequeen likes this.
  9. I Agee with the above statement.

10. I like the smooth version....and i think its a nice, stylish looking bag from the front...but side view not so much, looks kind of bulky i think....I am new to BV, and it definitely does not look like what one envisions a BV bag to be...

11. i may have said this in every thread, but...

if it is not for the title of this thread, i would not have guessed i am in BV forum

that aside, the green suede is pretty, but i am not liking it enough to buy it

12. Thanks for posting the photos.

I think I’d have a hard time carrying it on the shoulder, because of the size and structure. It looks uncomfortable, like it would be difficult to hold the big and flat-yet-boxy facade up high on the torso. It looks a little better if the strap is lengthened, but then it’s just too big, or something. I wouldn’t hand-carry it, either, because then it looks like a shoulder bag being hand-carried.

I’m trying to keep an open mind, but this design just doesn’t appeal to me at all. I have a few structured everyday bags in my collection (non-BV), but I don’t think this is for me.

I can’t get past the gold hardware, either. Part of why I like my older BVs is the lack of noticeable hardware.

27leborse, Bagcoolie and ksuromax like this.
  13. I find it depressing. Not the BV I know and love AT ALL. The padded version looks like a candy bar, or a package of ice cube trays for the freezer. Give me a comfy intrecciato Veneta any day over that thing.

ksuromax likes this.
  14. Photos of the BV Marie bag from the official Bottega Veneta Instagram page.

Attached Files:

15. The Bottega Veneta Marie bag in green suede, smooth black and python snakeskin.

Photos from Luisaviaroma

Attached Files:

RTone likes this.