Bottega Veneta Marie Bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I thought I’d start a thread on the new Bottega Veneta Marie Bag.

What’s are people’s thoughts on this bag?

Attached Files:

jbags07 likes this.
  2. It comes in smooth leather and suede versions.

Attached Files:

3. This is the Bottega Veneta Padded Marie bag

Attached Files:

jbags07 likes this.
  4. Action shots of the Bottega Veneta Marie bag

Attached Files:

jbags07 likes this.
  5. The BV Marie Bag in smooth butterscotch and green suede.

Attached Files:

Croker and jbags07 like this.
  6. Natasha Goldenberg with the Padded Marie bag

Attached Files:

7. Editorial with the Padded Marie bag in Plaster White

Attached Files:

jbags07 likes this.
  8. The BV Marie bag in Butterscotch Yellow

Attached Files:

jbags07 likes this.
  9. Classic black BV Marie bag

Attached Files:

jbags07 likes this.
  10. The BV Marie bag in Plaster White

Attached Files:

jbags07 likes this.
  11. The Padded Marie bag in Plaster White worn by Caroline Issa.

Attached Files:

27leborse and jbags07 like this.
  12. I’m not a fan of the shiny gold, although it seems to go well with the smooth leather. It doesn’t look anything like the BV I know and love. It’s not a bag I would buy.

With that being said, the smooth leather looks much, much better than the padded version.

ODEDIHAIMS, Joule, jbags07 and 4 others like this.
  13. I tried the Marie bag today in Butterscotch, also saw python and matte croc.
    I liked the internal organization of the bag. The hardware didn’t appear very shiny in the bag I tried.
    Thinking about it ....:confused1:

14. P.S. the cost of the Marie in plain leather was 2950€.

15. Saw it in person. Hardware looks cheap. Shoulder strap is adjustable but finicky, IMO. As if it would puncture the leather if you’re not careful. As with virtually all of Daniel Lee’s designs - not a fan. If I wanted stiff bags with lots of visible stitching and made from 8+ separate pieces of leather, I’d look to Hermes or something. For simple timeless soft leather bags I’d look to, to, well I don’t know now.
    Looks like The Marie is yet another bag given to bloggers and “influencers” for free that will end up on the secondary market in the coming months. Like the sudden explosion of The Pouch in the resale arena... they can’t possibly think it’s that great if they can’t be bothered to carry it longer that 6-8 weeks. On to the next new thing I guess.