Bottega Veneta Jodie Bag

Thank you for your reply! I can return the bag, but as it is the last one and I am unable to buy it anywhere else in The Netherlands (where I live) I then won’t own one and I really love it. This is why I wonder if the bumps are normal or not. I found the below picture of the inside of someone’s small Jodie on vestiaire collective and to me that looks a lot better than my bag does. So I still wonder if mine might be faulty. Input from more people would be amazing! Thanks!
View attachment 5093282
The photo from the bag in V looks like the inside had been stretched open. For what it’s worth, I think your bag is normal, especially if there is nothing wrong with the outside. Good luck deciding!

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone can help. I ordered a Small Jodie in Almond from the BV website and received it today. Unfortunately, it looks like the lining on the inside isn’t neatly sewn together, so there are bumps where both sides of the lining meet (see picture below). I feel at this price point the inside should also be perfect. As I bought the last one in this size/color from the BV website I can’t swap it. My question is: do your bags have this same ‘issue’ in the lining? Or is it just mine?

I would really appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

View attachment 5092653
I tried to open my Jodie and snap a picture for you but when my bag is sitting empty the lining folds and doesn’t look straight either. I don’t think I really understand what’s the issue you’re referring to. I agree with Gagabag. I don’t see any problem.
Also bare in mind the inside will get wear and tear with use. What’s important is how the bag looks on the outside. Hope you enjoy your bag! Show us some mod shots :smile:

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone can help. I ordered a Small Jodie in Almond from the BV website and received it today. Unfortunately, it looks like the lining on the inside isn’t neatly sewn together, so there are bumps where both sides of the lining meet (see picture below). I feel at this price point the inside should also be perfect. As I bought the last one in this size/color from the BV website I can’t swap it. My question is: do your bags have this same ‘issue’ in the lining? Or is it just mine?

I would really appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

View attachment 5092653
Any little thing like this isn’t the biggest deal imo because you have to remember that these bags are all handmade. Plus it’s the inside where nobody sees and you hardly even see tbh.

If I may offer a suggestion I would say go for caramel. It’s the perfect neutral.
I would be too worried about light colors with this bag. Mine is light blue and I’m always worried to place it somewhere dirty or to stain it with hand cream or sunscreen.
Glad I followed your advice because the posts here and photos on the website do not do justice to the beautiful caramel IRL. As for the bag, I love the drape of it already and the size is great for every day. It will only get better with time, though I do wish the intrecciato were smaller. I could also use a matching lanyard for my keys but alas, the company doesn’t make the nice woven ones in a beautiful array of colors. This bag is literally the only style I like from the new designer.

Glad I followed your advice because the posts here and photos on the website do not do justice to the beautiful caramel IRL. As for the bag, I love the drape of it already and the size is great for every day. It will only get better with time, though I do wish the intrecciato were smaller. I could also use a matching lanyard for my keys but alas, the company doesn’t make the nice woven ones in a beautiful array of colors. This bag is literally the only style I like from the new designer.
Congratulations on your new bag :yahoo:
Please show us pix and mod shots! There aren’t many reviews out there on the small Jodie. When I started this thread last year I couldn’t find any information about it.
I know what you mean regarding the drape. And it gets soo much better after a few uses. I am getting a lot of compliments when I wear mine. It looks really cool on the shoulder :smile:.

Ice cream and Peachy I ordered both because the stores are still closed here and wanted to see the colours. I love both but the ice cream is so special! Just wondering how dirty it could get tho! Should I just go for thunder!? Also ordered the mini pouch in chalk. Trying to decide how many I can keep, for my bday later this month!

Attachments

• ED8E3DF9-0FFF-41DF-8786-21C3C5FA8ADF.jpeg
    ED8E3DF9-0FFF-41DF-8786-21C3C5FA8ADF.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 78
  • 60BA9E46-90D5-4A42-B3B2-23BAE6353D70.jpeg
    60BA9E46-90D5-4A42-B3B2-23BAE6353D70.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 6662FED8-1C34-407C-9F05-64639E2FAB78.jpeg
    6662FED8-1C34-407C-9F05-64639E2FAB78.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 89
Congratulations on your new bag :yahoo:
Please show us pix and mod shots! There aren’t many reviews out there on the small Jodie. When I started this thread last year I couldn’t find any information about it.
I know what you mean regarding the drape. And it gets soo much better after a few uses. I am getting a lot of compliments when I wear mine. It looks really cool on the shoulder :smile:.
Here ya go...natural indoor light. Figured out a way to use my non-matching lanyard looped inside the knot! Can you spot it?
96326F21-D359-4CCA-8828-67E74397916A.jpeg11A72398-ED93-4F7D-84EF-9BADFAB8D4AF.jpeg43F05F3C-8E87-4D47-B721-FA950D1492C1.jpeg787F01F5-5C06-4302-986F-2F7B129F1DBC.jpeg