Bottega Veneta Jodie Bag

After a long hiatus from BV I’m a little homesick and thinking about the small Jodie. Does anyone have pictures of one that has relaxed and softened up...it seems so stiff when new and I’m not sure how that big weave softens. If you have one that has softened, how long did it take? And finally, how does it compare in size to a large Veneta?

After a long hiatus from BV I’m a little homesick and thinking about the small Jodie. Does anyone have pictures of one that has relaxed and softened up...it seems so stiff when new and I’m not sure how that big weave softens. If you have one that has softened, how long did it take? And finally, how does it compare in size to a large Veneta?
Here you go. It slouches very quickly (after less than 10 wears in my case). I don’t have a large veneta but I posted pictures earlier in this thread comparing it to the small veneta (page 8 post #112). I would say the Jodie is in between. So far the large intrecciato has aged nicely (my bag is a year old now but I only recently started using it on a regular basis)
PS please excuse the lounge wear. I’m home on rainy boring day :smile:

DEC0DBCB-FF66-4411-BBB9-CBEE6BEFD705.jpeg

E649ECB6-91E9-436E-8EB2-46BFFAA1B018.jpeg

47AD75A7-31DA-4A0F-9856-AB7DE72BEB04.jpeg

I’ve been checking YouTube for small jodie reviews and there aren’t that many available. Heres a recent one by someone whose suede jodie has slouched and softened - it looks beautiful:

Here you go. It slouches very quickly (after less than 10 wears in my case). I don’t have a large veneta but I posted pictures earlier in this thread comparing it to the small veneta (page 8 post #112). I would say the Jodie is in between. So far the large intrecciato has aged nicely (my bag is a year old now but I only recently started using it on a regular basis)
PS please excuse the lounge wear. I’m home on rainy boring day :smile:

View attachment 5086141

View attachment 5086142

View attachment 5086143

So pretty! You picked a gorgeous colour!

Nice bag. Do you find it difficult to get into or to pull out your wallet. Do you find yourself digging around?
It’s not hard to get in and out of the bag because the opening is huge and the handle drop is quite generous. But yes I do dig around because it’s just a big slouchy tote so things get tossed around. I don’t usually carry much. A small wallet, key holder and a small pouch that has all my little bits and pieces. My phone goes in the inside pocket so that’s easy to find.
Of course structured bags are easier to organize but with a tote it’s hard to prevent your stuff from moving around.
I’ll just add that I struggle more with my small classic veneta. The opening on the Jodie is bigger than the classic veneta.

Reactions: Euclase
It’s not hard to get in and out of the bag because the opening is huge and the handle drop is quite generous. But yes I do dig around because it’s just a big slouchy tote so things get tossed around. I don’t usually carry much. A small wallet, key holder and a small pouch that has all my little bits and pieces. My phone goes in the inside pocket so that’s easy to find.
Of course structured bags are easier to organize but with a tote it’s hard to prevent your stuff from moving around.
I’ll just add that I struggle more with my small classic veneta. The opening on the Jodie is bigger than the classic veneta.
Excellent to know. Thanks for your reply. Can you comment on the gapping of the woven leather some have been concerned with? That is the weave gaps at the folds and curves of the bag because it’s so much bigger than the original intrecciato. I’ve only heard people express concern, not actual observation and if it does happen with the new bag does it become less of an issue with break in?

Reactions: babypanda
Excellent to know. Thanks for your reply. Can you comment on the gapping of the woven leather some have been concerned with? That is the weave gaps at the folds and curves of the bag because it’s so much bigger than the original intrecciato. I’ve only heard people express concern, not actual observation and if it does happen with the new bag does it become less of an issue with break in?
Indeed I used to notice the gap more when the bag was stiffer. It mainly happens on the sides where the folds are. To be honest I do think the old intrecciato is more heavy duty but so far my Jodie has held up well. In the past month I’ve been carrying it at least 3 or 4 times a week and the leather is not as delicate as I thought it would be.
I was looking at the pictures I posted above. If you look closely to the first picture where the bag is hanging from the hook, you can see a mild gapping around the folds. But in the pictures I’m carrying it on my shoulder there is no gapping at all. I think hanging it from a hook creates more stress

Interesting. Thanks so much! Now I just have to decide between Caramel and Almond, though both seem a little too warm for my eye. I’ve adored so many BV bags in the past and waited kn vain for a color I really loved. I do think the Caramel should work well with a lot in my wardrobe. Navy, black, gray, green, white, cream.

Interesting. Thanks so much! Now I just have to decide between Caramel and Almond, though both seem a little too warm for my eye. I’ve adored so many BV bags in the past and waited kn vain for a color I really loved. I do think the Caramel should work well with a lot in my wardrobe. Navy, black, gray, green, white, cream.
If I may offer a suggestion I would say go for caramel. It’s the perfect neutral.
I would be too worried about light colors with this bag. Mine is light blue and I’m always worried to place it somewhere dirty or to stain it with hand cream or sunscreen.

CARAMEL! It’s literally the most perfect versatile color bv has in my opinion. Great for all 4 seasons!