Bottega Veneta Campana bag

I am new here! I'm about to buy a large black campana and wondering if it OK for a petite woman and also an older woman. I don't want to look like a Hippie bag-lady. I don't load it down and my look is upscale but casual.

I'm reading all your great posts and have decided that the black is a good "first" BV color.
Thanks

Yes, I think it's definately ok for an older lady. Since you say you are petite, you may want to try the medium campana, instead of the large. I'm about a 5'5 and I have the large and like it, but I prefer large bags.

I'm 5'2" and I have a medium campana. I find the bag to be roomier than it looks, since it has an open top. I would definitely recommend trying the bag on in person to see how you like it. My first BV was in Ebano (dark brown) and it is the most luscious brown I've ever laid eyes on!

Edit: Oops! Didn't realize you already decided on the color. BV's black is also gorgeous and you can't go wrong with such a staple color :smile:

Thanks for the feedback. I did try both on and the small was kind of "stuck" under my arm and didn't hang the way the large does. I'm just wondering if you all think the large can't be "dressed up", at night, for example- We live in Vegas and go to shows and out a lot and the look is casual and yet elegant.
Someone said that with time, the ebano wears better than the black- is that true?
BTW, The BV stores here are wonderful.
Thank so much

I think BV browns age beautifully. They grow in the depth and richness so the older brown bags look more beautiful than the new ones IMO! The black wears fine, but to me the color doesn't improve the way espresso (or presumably edorado this season) does.

Thanks for the advice. As you all obviously know, one's fist BV is a huge and scary decision. After another visit to my BV boutique here in Vegas (what great people), I did an about face and went with the large Veneta in black. I found it more sleek and formal than the large campana and even though I'm 5'1"- I went for the large. Three days later, I know I made the right decision. Am now eyeing the seamless (with movable strap) in APIA since that's a great color for the southwest. Any advice for a second bag- I do like the bigger ones....I don't carry all that much, but know i could!

It's nice knowing there are others out there with this harmless vice and many thanks for your words of wisdom

Depend on color. I fell in love with one when I saw this lady wore her Nero Campana in SF. Very elegant

I see! Thanks a lot... I was planning to buy a Campana Tangerine, but I am willing to pay full price on it. I just dont like it getting sold at a discounted price after buying it. In my opinion, although I bought my first Veneta @ 30% off, bags like that should never be discounted since, they are so nice and meticulously made.

I see! Thanks a lot... I was planning to buy a Campana Tangerine, but I am willing to pay full price on it. I just dont like it getting sold at a discounted price after buying it. In my opinion, although I bought my first Veneta @ 30% off, bags like that should never be discounted since, they are so nice and meticulously made.
i agree with you regarding bv being discounted.