Botox - Anyone done it?

How did your appointment go?

Well I finally got in on Wednesday as I had to cancel my Tuesday appointment due to an emergency dental appt. I'm very happy with how things look. The results took effect really quickly and I now have no more wrinkles on my forehead. She didn't think I should do any more on my "11's" or my eyes. She did put a tiny bit above my eyebrow that was higher than the other to even them out. They look a little spocky when I raise them with my makeup on, but they look good when relaxed and with makeup on.

My raised "after" forehead. Yay! I still have full movement of my brows and slight movement of my forehead but no wrinkles.

My relaxed no makeup brows. I think they look pretty even, except obviously the one is missing a wing due to over plucking.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Well I'm totally bummed. It is now a month later and my forehead had tons of movement! A MONTH! Lame! I went back to see her Wednesday after work and she said that she will just know now that she will have to inject more into my forehead next time. She charged me $70 to inject 12 additional units into my forehead. I will be pretty pissed if in another four weeks I have movement again. I don't know if I'll go back to her. Maybe botox just doesn't work on me. :sad:

I did last November and have another appointment next week. One of my eyelids got a tiny bit droopy (probably only noticeable for me) so I'm hoping something can be done to not have it do that again.

Last time I got 20 units; this time I'm doing 15.

Well I'm totally bummed. It is now a month later and my forehead had tons of movement! A MONTH! Lame! I went back to see her Wednesday after work and she said that she will just know now that she will have to inject more into my forehead next time. She charged me $70 to inject 12 additional units into my forehead. I will be pretty pissed if in another four weeks I have movement again. I don't know if I'll go back to her. Maybe botox just doesn't work on me. :sad:
This is what happens to me if they do not inject enough. Does novacaine wear off pretty quick for you at the dentist? Do you have a pretty high metabolism? I have to get about 10 units more than normal for my effects to last a decent amount of time. I'm going again on Thursday to someone new so hopefully they will listen to me when I say I need more.

This is what happens to me if they do not inject enough. Does novacaine wear off pretty quick for you at the dentist? Do you have a pretty high metabolism? I have to get about 10 units more than normal for my effects to last a decent amount of time. I'm going again on Thursday to someone new so hopefully they will listen to me when I say I need more.

No, I don't feel like Novocain wears off quickly and I've never had a particularly high metabolism. I told her I obviously just have a really buff forehead, lol. I hope adding a bit more next time will do it because I don't want this happening again. The thing is that I don't want that heavy forehead feeling or a droopy eyelid!

I did last November and have another appointment next week. One of my eyelids got a tiny bit droopy (probably only noticeable for me) so I'm hoping something can be done to not have it do that again.

Last time I got 20 units; this time I'm doing 15.
This has happened to me two times in a row (droopy eye) and now I'm just getting annoyed with the doctor. The first time (which was my first time with botox)..both eyes got droopy. So when I went in 4 months later...I told her they had been droopy for almost 3 months. She said she would stay higher with her injections. BUT, i think she forgot....because she did one side higher and the second side the same place as last time. I knew it the second she started injecting the second side it was going to be too low. Sure enough....two days later...droopy eye again. Very annoying! Everything else looks great...but not sure it is worth have a droopy eye (or worse...both droopy).

This has happened to me two times in a row (droopy eye) and now I'm just getting annoyed with the doctor. The first time (which was my first time with botox)..both eyes got droopy. So when I went in 4 months later...I told her they had been droopy for almost 3 months. She said she would stay higher with her injections. BUT, i think she forgot....because she did one side higher and the second side the same place as last time. I knew it the second she started injecting the second side it was going to be too low. Sure enough....two days later...droopy eye again. Very annoying! Everything else looks great...but not sure it is worth have a droopy eye (or worse...both droopy).
Go to someone else, she sounds like she isn't skilled enough and doesnt quite understand which muscles do what in the face. If you get droopy eye then my understanding is that the outer portion of your brow should be left alone. I get the opposite problem, my outer brows dont relax and in turn I can look like Spock...not a good look, so I have 3 units into my outer brow to bring it down, and before they do this they remind me that it can cause droopy eye.

I'm still to scared to try. I see friends that look like jokers, always surprised and their foreheads don't move when they laugh or are actually surprised. And other friends w/ droopy eye/eyes.

I'd love teeny bit in my forehead. . . so scared.

Reactions: Needanotherbag
I'm still to scared to try. I see friends that look like jokers, always surprised and their foreheads don't move when they laugh or are actually surprised. And other friends w/ droopy eye/eyes.

I'd love teeny bit in my forehead. . . so scared.
Swanky, definitely dont go to anyone that those friends have gone to. A well established plastic surgeons office will most likely have skilled injectors and could even be the surgeon that does it. I was very nervous to try it, but I love it now. The first time, just start with a low amount of units, and tell them exactly what you're nervous about. I wish I could show you the movement I have in my forehead right now. I'm 8 days from my last injection, I have good movement, but a nice smooth forehead. I can even raise my eyebrows (not all the way, but at least some) and I can furrow my brow enough.

I'm really happy with my second time so far! I explained the droopy eyelid to this new doctor and he said as a rule they only inject higher than one-finger width above the eyebrow.

The outer corners of my brow still have movement, intentionally, to look more natural. Very pleased so far!

Reactions: Needanotherbag