Botox - Anyone done it?

I've done botox on my jaw, coupled with buccal fat removal, I find that it changes my face shape significantly. I used to think jaw reduction surgery was my only solution for my large, squarish jawline. But consistent botox post buccal fat removal, gave me the face shape I've always wanted.

Reactions: MillerRocks
I had my first round of botox done in mid December - 24 units ($11/unit). Went back for touch up in early Jan for another 14 units - went back again this past week for evaluation and told injector that I was kind of disappointed to come back a third time - she was so sweet and did 14 more units but they only charged me for 8. She also showed me my 'before' pic of my forehead wrinkles which was way worse than I remember :lol:
I'm going to call my derm this week and try to get an appt for Retin A for these dang wrinkles - I don't think I can afford this much botox every few months! :shocked:

ETA: if you want to do botox but are afraid it hurts - it really doesn't. Some of the places stung a teeny bit but most were pretty much painless.

I'm super excited. I finally made an appointment for Botox on Friday. I've wanted to do it for months, but haven't had the nerve to make the call. I finally did on Monday and the appointment can't come soon enough now. I plan on doing my super highway of a forehead, my "11's" which are actually just a "1" right now and my crow's feet which are getting worse by the day.

I had my first round of botox done in mid December - 24 units ($11/unit). Went back for touch up in early Jan for another 14 units - went back again this past week for evaluation and told injector that I was kind of disappointed to come back a third time - she was so sweet and did 14 more units but they only charged me for 8. She also showed me my 'before' pic of my forehead wrinkles which was way worse than I remember :lol:
I'm going to call my derm this week and try to get an appt for Retin A for these dang wrinkles - I don't think I can afford this much botox every few months! :shocked:

ETA: if you want to do botox but are afraid it hurts - it really doesn't. Some of the places stung a teeny bit but most were pretty much painless.

I went to the dermatologist a couple of months ago and went on Retin A (generic since she said insurance wouldn't pay for regular). It hasn't helped me at all. She started me off on the lowest dose (.0025 I think) and then moved me up to (.005 I think) and neither has put a dent in them. Maybe if I had started a couple of years ago it would have prevented my wrinkles, but it's not taking them away.

Thanks for the note about the botox not hurting too bad. I hate needles, but it doesn't matter, this is worth it!

I went to the dermatologist a couple of months ago and went on Retin A (generic since she said insurance wouldn't pay for regular). It hasn't helped me at all. She started me off on the lowest dose (.0025 I think) and then moved me up to (.005 I think) and neither has put a dent in them. Maybe if I had started a couple of years ago it would have prevented my wrinkles, but it's not taking them away.

Thanks for the note about the botox not hurting too bad. I hate needles, but it doesn't matter, this is worth it!
Oh man, I'm sorry the Retin A didn't work for you yet - but I've read that it can take a while to make a difference. I like this woman's blog which is where I can see real results but they did not come fast. http://www.hotandflashy50.com/retin-update-results-51-year-old-skin-9-months/

I'm super excited. I finally made an appointment for Botox on Friday. I've wanted to do it for months, but haven't had the nerve to make the call. I finally did on Monday and the appointment can't come soon enough now. I plan on doing my super highway of a forehead, my "11's" which are actually just a "1" right now and my crow's feet which are getting worse by the day.
You'll be fine! :yes: I didn't think about crow's feet but that's a great idea.

Reactions: Shoppinmel

Are you getting touch up injections in the same areas?

So I had my appointment yesterday. I was so excited (and a little nervous). The gal was SO nice and explained everything as we went. It hurt a little more than I thought it would, but totally worth it of course. I can't wait to see the results!

Last edited:
Update~
I was given ice to put on my jaw for few minutes back in Jan; my face looks a lot slimmer after 1 month!
Everyone is asking if I've lost weight but it's thanks to botox!! =D
@Shoppinmel did you get yours in US?

Hi Kathy, yes I'm in Southern California. That's wonderful that you're so thrilled with your results! I admit I'm a little disappointed that I'm not seeing more results yet but it's only Monday evening and I got it done Friday afternoon. I need to be patient and wait the full 7 days. I do think I've seen a slight difference so far in my crowsfeet, a slight easing in my "11" area and my forehead is maybe very slightly better, but barely. Patience Melanie!!

OK progress report time. It's been 6 days, 4 hours since my botox. Can't say I'm completely happy. She said that if I felt I needed more, I could come in next Friday (aka tomorrow) and get more at no additional cost. Pretty cool.. Well I called today and apparently she forgot that "next Friday" she wouldn't be there because it's her birthday. They made me an appointment for after work on Monday.

Here are my no make-up progress pics.

Forehead:
Last Friday morning

Monday with make-up - starting to see slight results

Tonight

11's:
Last Friday morning

Tonight

Crowsfeet:
Last Friday morning

Tonight - I'm so sad it won't get rid of my nasty lines UNDER my eyes.

Thinking about it for just around my eyes
Hi Everyone, I am new here but figured maybe I could help! I have gotten Botox, Dysport, lip fillers (juvaderm, Restylane, and I forget the other but hated it), injections for my under eye dark circles, lip filler, and filled acne scars. Now this is over Years so it's not like I am crazy with it I promise. Depending on what your looking to get rid of Botox may not be what you need. I have been to 3 different places before finding someone who really knew what they were doing making the results Fantastic. To give you an idea I am (3 months away) 35 years old, have one child, I am a licensed makeup artist/cosmetologist, and am on medications that had caused severe acne and left scars. I also hereditarily have deep pockets under my eyes causing them to always be dark! I tried Botox a few times and was never happy with the under eye area. The only thing it did well was when injected under the brow it gave my eyes a more open look. I ended up doing a combination of Ultherapy and Restylane to fill the under eye and it has been the only thing that has made the dark circles go away and also tightened the eye area AND it lasted. I feel like some injectors either don't know what they are doing, lie about the amount they give or just aren't educated on all of the available options and how to tell what is the best for the individual (last one was until now my issue). I was told prior to any of my treatments to take an all natural pill called Arnicare I think about a week before, then ice as much as possible for the day and night, and to put the Arnicare ointment on after and to reapply for the following few days. The Arnicare helps with bruising and swelling and I have found it to help tremendously expecially since I bruise easily.

Sorry for the long post. I. Open this helps anyone thinking about any injectable.

OK progress report time. It's been 6 days, 4 hours since my botox. Can't say I'm completely happy. She said that if I felt I needed more, I could come in next Friday (aka tomorrow) and get more at no additional cost. Pretty cool.. Well I called today and apparently she forgot that "next Friday" she wouldn't be there because it's her birthday. They made me an appointment for after work on Monday.

Touch ups are totally normal especially if it is your first time. It looks like you need a bit on your upper forehead. I would leave your brow and eyes though. Having some movement is a good thing. Are you getting the spock when you lift your brow? If so, that is easy to fix.

Reactions: cdtracing
Touch ups are totally normal especially if it is your first time. It looks like you need a bit on your upper forehead. I would leave your brow and eyes though. Having some movement is a good thing. Are you getting the spock when you lift your brow? If so, that is easy to fix.

Hmm I'll have to ask her if my eyebrows need to be adjusted. They can look different depending how I draw them in, but I guess you're right that they're looking a bit more spocky than before.