Bolide 31 cm or lindy 30 cm???

I agree with many other TPFers; choosing between the two is merely a matter of preference.

If the choice is between sizes... the Lindy 26 worked much better for me than the 30, so I would wait for the 26. On the other hand, the Bolide 31 is a bit big for every day, for me.

If the question is need or want, practicality or looks: my pick would be the Lindy. The wide shoulder strap is really comfortable, and the wide shallow body is easier for accessing everything inside. I also think the Lindy is more versatile and dresses up or down as easily as the Bolide. (See pics in the Clubhouse Lindy thread.)

The Bolide's shape is less practical for me. The opening is narrower than the base, and the bag is taller and deeper. The strap is a shoulder strap - so even on me - 5' tall - I definitely could not wear it as a crossbody. Because the strap is so thin, I prefer to carry it handheld, which isn't as versatile. Nevertheless, it's still a beautiful bag.

Depending on the leather and the way you store it when not in use, I imagine both suffer from slouching over time.

For comparison... here are pics (w/Lindy 26 in swift & Bolide 31 in clemence.)
(Urgh... I shrunk the pics, but they still came out huge.)

Hermes Lindy - on me - TPF.jpg
Hermes Bolide - on me - 2 looks - TPF.jpg

Last edited: